“Pretty Good - Not Perfect ...BUT OK”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #64 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We enjoyed our stay. Lot's of pools. We had to change rooms after the first night because the ceiling started to crumble on our beds. We got a room right down the hall. I was disappointed, because they did not offer to help us move....The hotel manager could have assisted us more with this issue. The fitness room was out of order for a couple of days.

The pools were nice, so I tried not to let the ceiling ruin our vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,462)

Reviewed August 29, 2010

Loved the Lndmark! We saw many negative reviews before going & were a little nervous before getting there. BUT - the place was great! Friendly,courteous staff, clean rooms, pools well taken care of. We will definately go back & tell friends/family about this resort. A great family vacation!

Reviewed August 27, 2010

The pictures online are not to be trusted. This "resort" is a dump. The whole place reeks of cigarette smoke. Our "suite" had mold on the walls, lamp shades, and lots of water damage on the ceiling. The elevators were nasty. We did get a full refund, hassle-free. We ended up staying in 2 different resorts. Had to hop around b/c of availability. The Sandy Beach was much cleaner for almost the same price. We also spent 2 nights @ Oceans One. Loved that place. If we go back to Mrytle Beach, Oceans One will be where we stay.

1  Thank ericals3
Reviewed August 26, 2010

After reading several reviews, I took a chance with this hotel for my Honeymoon. Many of the reviews listed around the same week of my stay seem a little harsh. This is not a 5 star resort and I didn't expect it to be represented as such. I travel often and stay in 5 Star facilities in NYC and Miami. I think this place should be listed as a solid 3 but not to degrade it from others in the area. A renter should be advised that many oceanfront hotels will have some of the same issues to deal with. Humidity in the halls and elevators, pools that need to be cleaned nightly due to sand blowing in etc. For the most part my wife and I had a great stay. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had the King Executive Suite. The room could have used a bigger couch as it was only seating for two and we wanted to lay on it to watch TV. Maybe a recliner or big chair would have been nice to utilize the space in our living room. No problems with the kitchen, balcony, bedroom, bathroom. I am use to pillow top mattresses so the mattress took a night or two to get use to, but overall comfortable. One needs to remember like I mentioned, 3 stars not 5. $196 a night not $500. If I had spent $500 a night like I have, I would expect a better mattress and pillow. Understandable. Plenty of pool locations. Lazy river was nice and we had no problems with getting tubes. Parents allowed kids to swim in it and jump in it but that is an issue for the facility security or personnel which was not seen. The staff didn't seem to come into the indoor/outdoor pool area's to make sure guests were happy. But AGAIN, this is a 3 star hotel not 5. Pools seemed clean and plenty of space in them for others to enjoy relaxation. Beach access was great. We did not utilize room service or the facility dining, rather chose to bring in seafood and eat on the balcony. Elevators are very hot but expected. Overall, for the cost it is a perfect getaway. You won't find too many 5 star hotels in Myrtle Beach so this was nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Just got back from a 2 night 3 day stay at the place. We were lucky, we stayed in the remodled section where the rooms open to an inside hallway. Then rooms in this section look like the photos on the web site. But it is true that the hallway is not air conditoned. The elevators are slow and very HOT, stay on a low floor and use stairs.
There are 17 pools but half are the size of hottubs and very dirty. There were a very diverse group of quest, I would estimate 50% black, and everyone we meet were very friendly. For families with kid I would recomend

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We made a HUGE mistake staying here!!!! Where do I start? When we arrived we pulled up to the front and went to check in and was such a pain and they put our room keys behind the comination type to get to our room so anyone could just take them!!!Anyone can get into the hotel the doors are always wide open and unlocked!!We had to walk outside to get to our room because intsed of walking through the lobby our room was by the indoor pools.They called it the south side.There were no luggage racks and we asked for one and no one ever came!!!!!Hotel is VERY CROWDED!!!! and the housekeeper said it is always busy.Room was very outdated and the balcony carpet was torn,the kitchen sink was leaking mold on A/C unit,this was a side view room so it was a pain to see the ocean!And room just very small!There was a missing A in the landmark sign!!The crosswalk at the beginning had a leal and looked like it would cave in!!There are so many many elevators but they were either broke down or they were so busy that you could not get one and they stop at every floor!Pools are very dirty!!!There are not enough rafts for the lazy river and no one listend to the rules!They closed the water park down one day!! hot elevators and laundry room. The laundry room was only on one floor and was so busy you had to fight to get a washer and dryer and also fight for a raft in the lazy river! Pools need re painted terribly I was scared to go in the indoor pool because of that!!But the worst is the parking garage WE HIT OUR CAR because theres poles every three parkind spots its just rediculous the garage!! I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW THE LANDMARK GET ANY GOOD REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2010

We paid156.00 per night. The ceilings had mold on them and were dirty. The walls needed to be painted. The toilet ran all the time. The vent fan in the bathroom had a loud noise. The pool area was dirty and never sprayed off at night. I would have expected a better room for the large amount they say they spent to upgrade to hotel. I can't see a thing that they did.