“may13 2012”

Ranked #75 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
sharon
“may13 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

IT was my family get togther Landmark make sure that the room was side by side .Landmark is a great place to stay help bring up the bags up to our rooms very clean .THE pool was so the cool side ,The staff is great i will stay again .

Room Tip: IT great places easy to get in and out to the road
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank brenda w
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you and your family chose the Landmark during your recent visit to the beach. I am also glad that your rooms were clean and that you were able to get them side by side. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we can't wait to have you and your family back with us.

Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Arabic first
Demossville, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband, myself and our children attempted to share our summer vacation with my sister and nephew (whom had never been to Myrtle Beach). We booked a room. Executive Suite:(, for a week based on the online website. Very deceiving website. Once we arrived, the lobby was beautiful and very busy. We signed our papers and paid in advance for the week. We unloaded the vehicle and NEVER MADE IT TO OUR ROOM ON THE 11TH FLOOR. We stood sweating (the air conditioner wasn't working) next to the second elevator. The first elevator was too busy, couldn't get on. We stood at the second elevator, 3 adults and 3 children (13,11, and "1") for 45 minutes. Couldn't get an elevator d/t the traffic. Even an employee of the Landmark entered the elevator after I explained our wait. He went up, did his business, and came back down to find us still waiting. He never offered to assist us. After waiting with screaming, crying children (very disappointed children after a 10 hour car ride), sweating horribly. I went back to the front desk and explained what was going on. The explanation was "we are busy this time of year..." I explained that if we couldn't get to our room, we needed to go somewhere else. I demanded a credit to our VISA right there on the spot. I was told that I would have to pay for the first night regardless. I stated that was not okay because we couldn't get to our room. That wasn't our fault. After another half an hour, I said we were leaving and I wanted the credit. The manager, Ms. Pritt stated that she was crediting the account right away. They watched us leave and charged our account anyway. We were charged two charges: a deposit and for the whole weeks stay. We went to Holiday Sands South within the hour and charged a room for the week. They were wonderful to help us out last minute. I called my credit card company to dispute any charges that Landmark might attempt and guess what? I'm still in September fighting to get my week credited. The Landmark claims that we stayed all week and has refused to reimburse the money. They don't even know who stays and who don't. Real family oriented, huh? I am in hopes that this gets resolved soon. I would not reccomend this place to anyone. A major disappointment and very embarrassing to my family. The Landmark doesn't care about "doing the right thing". VACATIONERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Vonetta T
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are sorry to hear about your experience and that you chose not to stay with us. July is an extremely busy time of year for us, and with so many people using the elevators it can cause the wait time to be a little longer.
Our current cancellation policy states that once you are within seven days of your arrival date your deposit of the first night is non-refundable. We did go ahead and issue you a full refund minus your deposit since you decided not to stay. I am very sorry for the delay in receiving your refund and I hope that you can accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope that you and your family will decide to give us another chance in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Roan Mountain, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed the Landmark resort very much. Everyone there had a smile on their face for us. All you had to do was ask and they would have an answer for you still with the smile. The smiles on ever worker there really meant a lot. Rooms were great and so were the views. The resturants were great. Food was excellant and afordable. The lazy rivers were great and it was great to not have to leave the motel if you didn't want to.

Room Tip: The oceanviews were just as good as the oceanfronts for those who are like us and need to save a lit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheila B
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Landmark. It is so wonderful to hear that you and your family had a great time during your visit. We also appreciate you letting us know about your positive experience with our entire staff. We hope to have you back with us the next time you are in Myrtle Beach.

Lucasville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We love coming to the Landmark every year. We love the pools, jacuzzis and lazy rivers. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Gets a little crowded on the weekends but nice through the week. The parking garage is easy to get to with the air conditioned catwalk which crosses over the street.

Room Tip: we always get ocean front suite with a kitchen because eating out can get expensive.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucasville_OhioMark
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us every year. It is also great to hear that you enjoy all of our pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs. We appreciate your loyalty and can't wait to have you and your family back with us again.

Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Landmark. The staff was so helpful and very happy. The afternoon desk crew is awesome. Kendra was a smiling and happy lady who was very helpful. Our room was great. We had the angle king suite. No complaints. The housekeeping staff that took care of our room, did a amazing job. The staff worked with us when we wanted to stay a extra day. We moved rooms and that room was awesome. Our views were great, and it was a great time spent there. We are already looking into another trip to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bdeviled7344
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am so happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at the Landmark. I am also glad that Kendra at the Front Desk and our Housekeeping staff did a great job. We appreciate you sharing your positive comments about our staff. It is so good to hear that everyone was helpful and nice. We appreciate your review on TripAdvisor and Can't wait to have you back with us in the future.

Clarksburg WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was not my first stay at this resort but go there for a huge function-rooms are pre-booked but we pay for our own stay. I am not hard to please, just want cleanliness and comfort. As usual the rooms are ratty and dirty and it is hard to get anyone to service your room. Sharing your concerns with management doesn't help either. The last stay I practically begged to be moved or have my room CLEANED and was told it was done - it wasn't and the manager told me it was and it was my problem. Upon check out I tried to get the manager to address my concerns and he just kept telling the front desk I would have to wait, he was busy with paper work. I am sure his purpose was to outwait me so I would leave. I did leave and was very unhappy when I left.
This stay my room wasn't serviced during the day. The NIGHT CREW did converge into my room at request though and they were great. Suzette and her co-worker were wonderful and concerned that we were not comfortable. I can't remember the co-workers name but they took good care of us.
This is one of the dirtiest, shabbiest places I've ever been. Even the pools and hot tubs are not clean. It's like no one has any pride in the place. They know they will sell rooms so they don't care. Most rooms are privately owned and still are not nice rooms.
The restaraunt was great the first night we ate there but the second night was a really bad experience. The food and the service were horrible and we paid way too much for bad food. I would not have minded the price if the food had been worth eating. The manager and waitress were so busy trying to appease the VERY irate, loud and irrating table beside us that they didn't have time to address our issue. I would not recommend this site to anyone. They need new management and complete renovations. Believe me, any thing you read bad about this resort on this page is probably not overstate. Choose another place or be prepared to have concerns.

Room Tip: Choose one elsewhere Or atleast choose ocean front if staying here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ReniW
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is very disappointing to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay during your last visit with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered in your room as well as in the restaurant. Someone will be sending you a private message so that we can get more information and further discuss your stay.
We value all of our guests and your comments are greatly appreciated. I hope that you can accept our apologies for any disappointment you encountered. We look forward to your response so that we can address your concerns and hopefully prevent something like this from happening again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My fiance, mother, and 9 month baby girl had gotten a groupon to use during the month of September for 5 nights and let's just say those 5 nights were the widest 5 nights of a vacation! To start our vacation we arrived early the day of check in at 10am and the ladies at the desk were extremely rude and slow. The lady helping us took 30 minutes to get our paperwork and everything taken care. The room was not ready yet but the lady had said it should be ready by 1pm that day and they would give us a call. We did not receieve a call, so at 230 I called the resort to check the status of our room and they had said it was ready. We arrived back at the resort to complete the check in and get our keys and pizza coupons for using the groupons. The lady giving us the keys placed is in room 1037, so we went to check the room out only to be so disgusted by the present and filth of the room to return back to the desk for a different room. Room 1037 had water spots all over the ceiling in the bed room the carpet was absolutely filthy and had pieces missing. The couch in the living room was stained, had crums all over it I wouldn't even seat on it! they then places is in room 937 which was no better be at least it had carpet only in the bedroom and the rest was tile flooring. This room still had a ton of water spots on the ceiling the base boards with dusty and filthy, on the sides of the air conditions had not been cleaned in ages, the patio door would let air through if it was windy, the main door needed weather guard around the door because you could are outside all around the door. When i called to speak to the manager they placed me on hold for close to 20 minutes with 3 differnt people answering the phone. All the manager could say was that they were sorry and they have given me a room upgrade which they dis not after I had to inform him I paid for the POS room I am in the resort had offered bothering for the horrible service we had recieved so far. If all of this isn't enough on day 3 of our stay the resort deduced to test their weather alarms when it was actually stormy out around 130 in the afternoon. I had just laid my 9 month old down for a nap and if you are a month you know how I felt once the alarm went off for over 20 minutes or longer to only be shut off for a second then it went back off again.!!! When doing laundry be prepared to do the dryer twice as it does not dry all of your cloths the first time though. Also, this was our very first time to mrytle beach and the resort which we had stated to the lady at check in thinking she would give us guidance to get around , well we were wrong we had to figure out ourselves!!! I would not recommend this filth to anyone I know or anyone inquiring about it. We had read reviews before we booked our tripping in hopes that the resort was not that bad well it is bad and we will not be returning. I hope my review is helpful to you and if you have little ones make sure to pack socks and long pants to keep them from being so filthy.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank kellar1988
LandmarkResort, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at the Landmark. We appreciate you sharing your comments and we will make sure the issues you mentioned are addressed so that we can prevent something like this from happening again.
Our guests' feedback is very important to us and I hope that you can accept our apologies for any disappointment you encountered during your stay. We hope that you and your family will decide to give us another chance in the future.