See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Reserved a room here for spring break starting 4/6/12. As i pulled up I started to get concerned because it is right next to what looks to be an abandoned building. I found out that s where the parking lot is located. For starters, I would hardly call Jonathan Harbour a resort or condomimium. It s more like a low budget motel. After checking in, I went to the room to check it out. To my surprise, there was no linen on the beds and the comforters for the bed where on the floor in a corner. The kitchen (if that s what you want to call it) had a dead roach on the floor. The bathroom was filthy with toothpaste and hair still in the sink. There was absolutely no where to put our clothes. In the livingroom area you can see where a closet was but there were no doors or pole to hang your clothes. I advised the front desk my room wasn't clean and when housekeeping came, she begin to put linen on the beds that were dingy and more stains then you can imagine. I asked her was she just going to put those same comforters on the bed. She said yes. They only wash those once a month (GROSS!!) I can go on but I think you get the picture. I will say this, the manager gave me an attitude because i complained and he stated if he refunded my money will I get my bags and leave as he can book my room in 10 mins for a discount. Wow!! instead of offering be compensation for my inconvenience! That is great customer service. Needless to say, I did not stay there and went to another property. On a positive note, some of the rooms/condos are more up to date than others as most are privately owned. I just didn t get one. The pictures on the internet are VERY misleading. I just don t trust the cleanliness of this establishment. I would HIGHLY advise you not to book here!

Room Tip: If you decide to book here, make sure you ask for a more modern room as some are EXTREMELY outdated.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank granddiva1
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Give yourself a favor don't book this hotel. I used hotwire to book this hotel. I thought I was getting a deal that i always do in priceline, but using hotwire is the total opposite. This hotel is filthy!!! Pubic hairs on the bedsheets! stains on the bedsheet, pillows are old and nasty, and the room smells smoke. I don't know what are the good reviews here. Instead of having a good vacation, i wanna leave right away! This building needs to be condemned. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Please bring your own bedsheets, towels and lots of sanitizer
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank pinay0078
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is probably the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I’m not sure how anyone can honestly give this hotel more than 1 or 2 stars.

For starters, the hotel is in desperate need of renovation. The carpets are filthy (stained, ragged, etc), the furnishings are dirty, dingy, and out-dated, and the mattresses are horrid (dirty and uncomfortable). This is the kind of place where you would get bedbugs. Two out of our four towels had large blood (assumedly) stain on them. I went to housekeeping to replace the towels, and when I got back to the room I discovered that those towels were stained as well. The stairwell smelled like urine, the common facilities (e.g., pool, gym, hot tub) were mediocre and extremely small. Housekeeping seemed nice, but not very willing to do their job; for example, our room was never cleaned in the 3 nights that we stayed.

Like I mentioned earlier – the best part was checking out! I definitely won’t be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank QTPyePop
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have stayed at Jonathan Harbour 2-4 weeks per year for over 25 years. Over the years, we have made many good friends and cherish their accquantance. We have always found the complex and the rental unit to be in first class condition and have never had any of the bad experiences some say they have encountered. Managment and staff have always been very accomidating. Yes, the complex is beginning to show some age but it it still hard to beat for such a reasonable rate for ocean front property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jechubtex
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is our second summer at this hotel. We just ask for the same room. It is a condo. Some owners keep their roms up and some don't. The one we stay in has something new every year. This year it was new rrugs. We like the two room suite format with a galley kitchen. We save money by being able to cook in the room. We will be back next summer and will ask for the same direct ocean view room.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family