See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Give yourself a favor don't book this hotel. I used hotwire to book this hotel. I thought I was getting a deal that i always do in priceline, but using hotwire is the total opposite. This hotel is filthy!!! Pubic hairs on the bedsheets! stains on the bedsheet, pillows are old and nasty, and the room smells smoke. I don't know what are the good reviews here. Instead of having a good vacation, i wanna leave right away! This building needs to be condemned. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Please bring your own bedsheets, towels and lots of sanitizer
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank pinay0078
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is probably the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I’m not sure how anyone can honestly give this hotel more than 1 or 2 stars.

For starters, the hotel is in desperate need of renovation. The carpets are filthy (stained, ragged, etc), the furnishings are dirty, dingy, and out-dated, and the mattresses are horrid (dirty and uncomfortable). This is the kind of place where you would get bedbugs. Two out of our four towels had large blood (assumedly) stain on them. I went to housekeeping to replace the towels, and when I got back to the room I discovered that those towels were stained as well. The stairwell smelled like urine, the common facilities (e.g., pool, gym, hot tub) were mediocre and extremely small. Housekeeping seemed nice, but not very willing to do their job; for example, our room was never cleaned in the 3 nights that we stayed.

Like I mentioned earlier – the best part was checking out! I definitely won’t be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank QTPyePop
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We have stayed at Jonathan Harbour 2-4 weeks per year for over 25 years. Over the years, we have made many good friends and cherish their accquantance. We have always found the complex and the rental unit to be in first class condition and have never had any of the bad experiences some say they have encountered. Managment and staff have always been very accomidating. Yes, the complex is beginning to show some age but it it still hard to beat for such a reasonable rate for ocean front property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jechubtex
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is our second summer at this hotel. We just ask for the same room. It is a condo. Some owners keep their roms up and some don't. The one we stay in has something new every year. This year it was new rrugs. We like the two room suite format with a galley kitchen. We save money by being able to cook in the room. We will be back next summer and will ask for the same direct ocean view room.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GoodLooken
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I am here at Jonathan Harbour Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. This place is Filthy!!! I have stayed here every summer since I was a small child, but I think this is it!! Where should I start? Trash under the bed, something... blood, maybe chocolate? all over the underside of the mattress to the pull out couch. Popcorn on the mattress as well. Sheets are stained and pillows with no covers in the closet are Gross!! Carpet is stained and hard. It is just all around dirty and I am so uncomfortable! They conveniently have a no refund police so I am stuck 12 hours from home with 3 kids worrying that my kids will wake up with bedbug bites....

Room Tip: Room 308 is a smoking room smells awful and is in terrible condition!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family