See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I am here at Jonathan Harbour Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. This place is Filthy!!! I have stayed here every summer since I was a small child, but I think this is it!! Where should I start? Trash under the bed, something... blood, maybe chocolate? all over the underside of the mattress to the pull out couch. Popcorn on the mattress as well. Sheets are stained and pillows with no covers in the closet are Gross!! Carpet is stained and hard. It is just all around dirty and I am so uncomfortable! They conveniently have a no refund police so I am stuck 12 hours from home with 3 kids worrying that my kids will wake up with bedbug bites....

Room Tip: Room 308 is a smoking room smells awful and is in terrible condition!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Brooke C
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Checked in August 5th from prior reservations and was totally disgusted. The staff treated you like HaHa we got you. The front office was terrible. You were able to park in front to load and unload but then you had to park across the street. The parking lot was not even in front of the hotel it was across and down past one other hotel. The elevators were hot and smelled to high heaven. The linens were stained and very hard. Trash bags left outside the rooms, a door lock was a cable nailed to the door to loop around the handle. Asked for a phone book and was told to come downstairs and use thiers. The phones in the room did not work but they did leave you thier number. The ice machines did not work. Duct tape over the vent in the kitchen to let air flow through to next room. Duct tape on the floor to seam together the dirty carpet and tile. Wayyyyyyyyyyyy over priced. I know we were not the only ones disgusted becasue other guests were commenting on how bad it was. I visit MB at least every two months but I will never ever stay here aagain. Warning do not stay unless you want to be disgusted. If you need toilet paper or towels you will have to go downstairs to get them. Stairway was much safer than the elevators. Did I say they were overpriced. This place reminds me of a Motel that you would pass up on the road.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MothertRockwellNC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I walked into a nightmare on Friday, August 5th. We were desperate to stay for one night because the hotel next to them, Sun &Sand , didn't have a room available that night. We had friends staying at the Sun & Sand for the weekend but they only had Saturday night available (unfortunately)for us. So we wanted something close by. We could tell when we walked in that just by looking at the appearance of the "office", this was not going to be good. The ocean view room was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. Sheets were stained, cigarette burns on kitchen and bathroom counters, carpet was soooo dirty had stains everywhere. Wouldn't walk on it without flip flops. And to top things off, it was VERY over priced for what it was. This place needs a major overhaul. Location is the only thing going for them. Would NOT recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dreno6570
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Everything was dirty . We moved out the next morning and found a much better place,.This complex needs lots of work. The elevators were not safe. Someone got stuck in the elevator. The linen was terrible . The pillows should have been thrown out long time ago. I was sure there would be lots of mites and bed bugs brewing in this dirty high mildew areas. Garbage bags lefts outside of rooms in hallways. The elevator floor was covered in water

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rollerblader50
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was so grossed out by the dirty pillow cases and bed linen that i had to sleep on top of the blanket and covered my pillow with a beach towel. I am not hard to please but this was just ridiculous! Honestly, the room was a great size but I just didn't feel comfortable here! Housekeeping need a refresher course on "How to Properly clean a room"! We will be at Walmart first thing tomorrow morning for new sheets, pillow cases and a comforter! Someone needs to report this place to the Better Business Bureau!

Room Tip: Great space but please, please, please bring your own linen! In the vicinity of many places!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family