See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Checked in and saw people complaining thought nothing of it. walked into my room and was surprised the room i booked online was not what i got. Wanted a room with 2 beds and instead got a room with one bed. Was like okay they have pullout so I was like ok I can make due. That is until I went to sit on the bed and plug up my phone and found empty liquor bottles and then went and told Joey the front desk clerk and as I presented him with the evidence HIS RESPONSE WAS SO IS THERE ANYTHING ELESE i told him yes. Housekeeping did not properly clean the room. I told him excuse me. He was like were full. so, i asked for the manager and was told he wont be in until monday. So, to make the best of it I was like I will call back. then woke up the next day and the refrigerator was broken over 100.00 in food i had to throw away. when i called got joey and his attitude was u can check out i asked can i get my money back and he was like no it depends on your bank and it wont be until 5 days til you get your money back after that i had enough. DONT stay at this hotel Service and rooms are not worth spending over 150.00 for bad attitudes and lousy customer service.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bnbrina
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed at Jonathan Harbour and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is not a 5 star hotel, but the efficiency I stayed in was nicely cleaned. I must say that the housekeeper was a darling, very friendly! I will be going back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Missing_the_Beach_11
Reviewed June 21, 2011

To all you potential visitors, keep in mind many of the rooms are privately owned, and thus you will find varying degrees of quality. Our room on the 4th floor was well equipped with kitchen utensils, beach chairs and loungers and 2 beach umbrellas. The room was in good condition, although the AC only worked on one side of the suite, and the wireless internet signal was weak at best. The hotel itself was older, but not dumpy. While it's not going to overwhelm you with features, it is a great place to stay for a comfortable beach-front hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank SteveNY2011
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I had stayed here as a child and chose this place because the rooms were large enough to accomodate two couples and a wee one. Room size was the only plus. Carpets were sticky and turned your feet black. Sofa bed was a pillow top ontop of bare rusty springs and had blood stains (large ones). The only wireless internet was what we could pick up from the resort next door (and you have to sit on the balcony for that). Pools were so heavily chlorinated it burned your eyes. Ice machines were supposed to be located on even number floors (the one on the second floor was empty the one on the fourth floor was missing entirely). when we asked the front desk where we could get ice, they directed us to the nearest convienient store. Were only given 4 towels for 5 people. Asked for more towels and they handed me one. thought I could just take them to the on site laundry area but the dryer didnt heat up at all after an hour and three dollars. None of the vending machines were plugged in. at least the kitchen was nice. I was highly disappointed and would not reccomend this to anyone expecting quality on their trip,

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CDuggins
JHmanager, Manager at Jonathan Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

We do apologise for not meeting your expectations of your stay with us last summer. We have worked diligently this past winter to correct several items that have caused concern to our guests. Property enhancements include an all-new property-wide wireless network, refurbishment of the pool area and equipment plus upgrades to many of our guestrooms. It is our goal to continuously improve the property, costumer service, and the guest experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

As a frequent visitor to Myrtle Beach, Jonathan Harbour has been our destination for over 20 years. We hae never had a negative experience and can not understand those negative reviews. Agreed, this is a older property but we always find maintenance people hard at work keeping it in good condition. I don't think you could find a better complex for the money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple