I traveled with my 17 year old daughter and her friend of the same age (who had never see the ocean) for a fun-filled stay at Myrtle Beach the week of July 11-16. I had stayed at the Hurl Rock Motel years ago and I remembered what a cost saving establishment this was and after reading that the Ma Perkins Family was back I decided to try it again. So glad I did!
If you are looking for a "one-spot has it all hotel" then you need to look somewhere else. But...if you are interested in a low cost, friendly staff, nice room with a clean bed to sleep in and a sparkling pool to swim in, then the Hurl Rock is the place to stay.
I will list some of the attributes this motel has to offer and will also post some pics for your own viewing.
* $55.00 per night (where can you beat that?) for 2 beds, table & 2 chairs, fridge, micro, sink, TV, coffee pot, toaster, small view of the ocean, pool view, clean bathroom and COLD air conditioning (much needed on a 90+ degree day).
* FREE WI-FI
*Ultra Clean, Fluffy, White towels and washcloths.
* Friendly, helpful, owners and staff. Ms. Iris was our housekeeper and she was SUPER FANTASTIC!
* Ocean is across the street, but you have a crosswalk and direct access.
* FREE parking with motel stay. Granted, you need to have your vehicle "home" early to get an upclose space, but...the parking in the rear which we used a few nights was very safe and our vehicle was NEVER bothered.
*SPARKLING POOL - staff was out EVERY morning we were there cleaning the pool. It was very nice and WELL maintained. Pool hours were STRICTLY inforced so there were NO pool area noises after hours. Also a small kiddie pool was connected to the larger pool.
* Shower located at the pool area to rinse off after returning from the beach.
*Every room had 2 chairs located outside. We used these EVERY day to "pool watch" and "people watch". Nice!
* I was very impressed that the owners, who are trying to bring back their family touch, were very involved EVERY day with what was going on at the motel. They kept a book in the office to write down anything that was brought to their attention by a guest so they could correct the problem.
* Owners have not installed an ice machine since regaining the motel. Small store across the street does sell bagged ice, but I went to Wal-Mart and bought a couple of ice trays and put them in the freezer!
* Mattresses were hard (for my taste). I like softer, but you may not. Did not hinder my sleep at all....I slept like a rock every night. BUT.....BEDS WERE CLEAN!!!!!!!! That's what matters!
* Elevator is Small! If you don't like tight, HOT places you might want to take the stairs. Since we were on the 4th floor I was excited to have ANY elevator. Elevator buttons sometimes had a mind of their own, but with patience they WOULD work.
*Brought my own iron since I knew the motel did not have iron/ironing board. I realize not all folks iron like I do, but iron/ironing board would be a plus for me!
My daughter and I both love that "Mom and Pop Motel" feel! Brings me back to my childhood and happy, happy days!
So....If you would rather spend $55 instead of $155 OR $255 for a room in Myrtle Beach, then the Hurl Rock is the place to stay.
We WILL return to Myrtle Beach and we WILL stay at the HURL ROCK! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located across from the street from the ocean which is approx 50 yards away. There is a FREE public access to the beach located right in front of the motel. We offer CLEAN and the MOST AFFORDABLE RATES in Myrtle Beach. We offer 12 different types of rooms (that vary in size and price). So whatever you are looking for we have it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Hurl Rock Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hurl Rock Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coastal Breeze Hotel