“Great Value and Friendly atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #86 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Value and Friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Staff was friendly and tentative. I thought the motel was a great value for the money, room was clean. Easy walk to the beach and some restraunts. A nice beach motel. I will put this on my list for a future visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank dinonc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Greenville,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Kathy and the staff at Holiday Shores do a great job! We so enjoyed our long weekend get away and look forward to returning soon. We love the charm and the propery is well
maintained. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank JesseGreenville_NC
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoy the charm of the property and that the staff did a wonderful job. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

We went to the beach for an impromptu 2-day trip and stumbled upon this motel. It was pretty small looking – especially surrounded by a lot of bigger places – but it was in a great location…and we didn’t have reservations anywhere else so we decided to give it a try. Being in the rooms reminded me of my beach vacations as a kid and my kids loved it! Our room had a kitchenette, so we were able to eat breakfast and lunch there and only go out to eat for dinner. This is an older hotel and the rooms are a little dated, but I was really pleased to see how clean everything was – we really enjoyed the new carpet! The property seems really well-maintained and there were even bikes there for us to use. The pool was a highlight for my kids, and I loved that I could hang around the pool and talk and see everything my kids were doing whether they were in the pool or hanging out in the room. The lady in the office – Kathy – was incredibly informative and accommodating and gave us great ideas on what to do in the evenings. We plan on going back in the Fall.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Greenville_SCMomof3
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed staying here and that it reminded you about your childhood. I am glad that you found everything to be very clean and that you liked being able to use the bikes that the property has. I will pass on your kind words about Kathy to her boss to she can be recognized for a job well done. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the fall.

PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed at Holiday Shores at the beginning of August. The hotel manager had many suggestions for fun activities for us and the children. She helped us locate areas we wanted to visit!! Very friendly and helpful. Nice comfortable room that had two beds a refrigerator and a microwave. Chairs to sit in and visit inside the room and on the patio. It is very close to the beach. We met many nice people during our stay including other visitors and the staff. We had a very pleasant experience and will definitely stay over and over.

1 Thank NeedabreakPa
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you had a very pleasant experience while staying with us and that the staff was friendly. I am glad that you found the rooms to be comfortable and that you liked how close you were to the beach. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

We just returned home from our 15th year of staying at Holiday Shores. This place can't be beat! There was a large group of us again this year. It's like home away from home. Kathy and here staff are wonderful. We have met many nice people over the years who keep coming back the same two weeks as us. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, and have already booked again for next year!

1 Thank joanneh01
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you have been staying with us for the past 15 years and that you feel like the motel is a home away from home. We are looking forward to you stay with us again next year.

Shrewsbury, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

We just got back from a trip with a large group of friends and family. This is the perfect location for families that want an affordable, clean, and convenient vacation spot. I could not imagine staying in one of the hotel towers on the beach when you can walk a few steps further and enjoy a small motel with more charm than anywhere . Kathy,David and the staff make us feel welcome every year. The Best Motel on the Beach.

1 Thank Terryp123
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found this location to be perfect and a convenient location spot. I will let Kathy know the kind words you wrote about her and her staff. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

worcester,ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

just spent 12 days at a very reasonable cost, small, efficient,clean,close to ocean,what more could a person want.the front desk with KATHY,and DAVID and the other maintenance and service people were more than helpful.can't wait to go back next year

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank mrmoose54
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be more than helpful. We are looking forward to serving you again next year.