“Wouldn't Stay Anywhere Else”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #89 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Wouldn't Stay Anywhere Else”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We just returned home from our 15th year of staying at Holiday Shores. This place can't be beat! There was a large group of us again this year. It's like home away from home. Kathy and here staff are wonderful. We have met many nice people over the years who keep coming back the same two weeks as us. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, and have already booked again for next year!

1 Thank joanneh01
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you have been staying with us for the past 15 years and that you feel like the motel is a home away from home. We are looking forward to you stay with us again next year.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shrewsbury, MA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We just got back from a trip with a large group of friends and family. This is the perfect location for families that want an affordable, clean, and convenient vacation spot. I could not imagine staying in one of the hotel towers on the beach when you can walk a few steps further and enjoy a small motel with more charm than anywhere . Kathy,David and the staff make us feel welcome every year. The Best Motel on the Beach.

1 Thank Terryp123
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found this location to be perfect and a convenient location spot. I will let Kathy know the kind words you wrote about her and her staff. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

worcester,ma
Reviewed August 16, 2009

just spent 12 days at a very reasonable cost, small, efficient,clean,close to ocean,what more could a person want.the front desk with KATHY,and DAVID and the other maintenance and service people were more than helpful.can't wait to go back next year

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank mrmoose54
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be more than helpful. We are looking forward to serving you again next year.

Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Our family of 21 members have stayed at Holiday Shores for over 40 years. The hotel has such a great atmosphere. We could easily afford to stay in a beachfront highrise, but who would when you can stay here. The hotel has many repeat families that we have met over the years. The staff are friendly and kind hearted. My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon there 25 years ago and have continued to return with our boys every year since. My husbands parents started taking them there the first year the hotel opened. It is a great place to make some wonderful memories. Thanks to Cathy and the staff. See you next year!
The Fayetteville, NC S/D Family

2 Thank JDfromFAYNC
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 3, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you and you family have been staying with us for so many years. I am happy to read that your husband family starting coming many years ago and that you have carried on the tradition with your family. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

south carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I lived on Myrtle Beach for several years and I've stayed in some of the most wondeful hotels there, along with the most crappiest. Hotels with room service and a friendly smile. Others with.....well I won't go there, but when it comes to comfort and peace, Holiday Shores is one of the coziest places I've ever laid my head. The owner has got to be one of the most friendliest women in the world. Do your thing Ms. Kathy, I love you !

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you find this motel one of the coziest places that you have ever laid your head. I will pass on your kind word to Kathy. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Fayetteville,NC
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This was not my first stay . I, as well as others in my family ,have been guests at Holiday Shores many times and will continue to use Holiday Shores when traveling to Myrtle Beach. The rooms are clean and always stocked with plenty of towels and hygiene products. Kathy Gray is always helpful and pleasant and does everything possible to make you feel welcome and at home. She always has a smile and a kind word and is a big part of the reason we continue to use this hotel!
The rest of the staff is always helpful and friendly. They do not make you feel pressured into hurrying out of your room so they can clean it and they do a great job at cleaning and restocking during your visit.
All in all I would recommend Holiday Shores to anyone and have sent several of my friends and family there. The atmosphere is pleasant and peaceful and isn't that what we all look for in a vacation?

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I made a reservation a month in advance for myself, my wife, and my two kids!! We were all excited to be going to the beach for our very first time!! we wanted to make sure that after we drove 10 hours that when we arrived to the beach we would have a place to lay our heads how ever when we arrived we found out that not only were we deprived of our expectations of the looks and efficiency of our room we would not even have one there to begin with!! they not only lied about our reservation but also did not refund my $234.99 neither!! If I will ever go back to Myrtle Beach I most definetly will not even think of going to the despictable,deceitful, Holiday Shores located at 7501 N Ocean Blvd!!!!!!! Oh yeah they did how ever tell me that I would receive my money in 3-5 business days but this was on a thursday and I needed it then!!! Who can wait for their money when you are on vacation then? How ever the Grand Shores was the best place I have ever stayed!!!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — THE OWNER
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank disapointedTennessee