“WE REALLY ENJOYED OUR STAY”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #84 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Ms Cathy was really good to us for a motel to be right off the shore is a plus room had its own kitchen utensils which was A plus I didn't mind cleaning them before I left I will stay again this is one of the best motels in myrtle beach!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marvin T

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a weekend get away that went the right way!! Reasonale rates, very friendly staff, clean rooms and close to everything. The ability to park close to room and the easy access to the pool is so convient. In addition, you never had to look for a chair by the pool because there were more than enough! I would reccommend this gem to families, couples and anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the larger hotels!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sheree07
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This place feels like a room out of the 80s! And I love it. Everything is pretty dated but it adds to that escapist feeling. The water here seemed very clean as well and the onsite laundry wasn't too gouging.

The room seems well insulated as I did not hear my neighbors at all. Plus the location is a quiet rental neighborhood and quite safe.

Only issue I had was the door in my room facing the pool sent an electrical current through me.... so don't stand barefoot and stick a key in it when it is in contact with the metal frame. The owners didn't seem too concerned with this but I imagine someone is going to get electrocuted one day...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank FoxFx
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We are very fortunate that we have a lot of loyal, repeat guests and we welcome any comments or concerns that can help us keep our repeat business. I do remember you letting me about the problem with the aluminum frame around your door, and I apologize if I did not seem concerned. I immediately called our electrician and did not hear from him until late in the day, but he came the next day (you had already checked-out) and corrected the problem. We hope you will visit us the next time you come to Myrtle Beach - call me directly and I will give you my best rate! - Kathy

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff are very polite and hospitable. The access to the beach was just great. You don't have to stay beach side to have fun. Nice family orented place. Clean and well taken care of. As far as I can say we will go back again and again. Price is affordable for people who don't have a lot of money to spend so you can do other things. A short trip to everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Terrie B
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed it! We do hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had an ocean view room which was the best thing about this place.
Hotel had surely seen better days!! We had a suite which was spacious but everything was so outdated.
Our room had the front door to the street and was so noisy from the traffic was hard to sleep.
For being a resort town the staff was not friendly or helpful when you had questions. Would not return to this motel!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 979Jean
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are so sorry that your expectations were not met during your stay in Myrtle Beach. You noted that you had an Ocean view suite, so I believe you may have stayed in the condo’s that we only handle the check-in’s, for a “Vacation Club”. Holiday Shores does not have any ocean view units, but I will pass on your comments so that the owners of the condo units will be aware of the need to update. During the month of May, Myrtle Beach is host to a couple of motorcycle rally’s and a lot of school graduates, which do contribute to a lot of noise. We are a member of Oceana Resorts which has several ocean front properties that you would find are updated and receive great reviews. Please visit our web site the next time you plan a trip for Myrtle Beach - www.oceanaresorts.com. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was nice hotel (can I call it a hotel...anyway). When going to the room you saw that it were people sitting outside, but not in a bad way. It was more like if you just pulled up to your family house and everyone has been there for awhile and you are the late comer. The room decor was beach theme and dated, but really are you going to be in your room that much. If you want to save money, you can bring food and grill. The pool was clean and inviting. Also we got passes to a water park everyday we were there and yes we used them and yes we had fun. I would return here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovableangeldoll
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Scrap the ocean view - Save the money. You can look at the ocean anytime - Save the money. 3 minute walk to beach. Nestled within all the high rises. Easy parking near room. You don't have to park across street from hotel and wait for elevators to go up to the upteenth floor. Easy in and out, plenty of ice, nice pool, room is clean and comfortable with gracious hosts. What more do you need?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolinian Beach Resort
Carolinian Beach Resort
#69 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts

Been to Holiday Shores Motel, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!