“New Condo building is absolutely fabulous..and a bargain of a price.”

Holiday Sands South
Ranked #71 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Oak Harbor, Washington
“New Condo building is absolutely fabulous..and a bargain of a price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We booked our room in the new Condo building. Since both buildings are right on the beach, we weren't concerned about having a view. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was huge! Full kitchen, huge queen bedroom which could easily have fit another bed, murphy bed in the living room, private balcony....which still had a partial view of the beach. This room far exceeded our expectations. Plus, the price was a bargain, at $79 to $89 per night. The check-in staff was very helpful and went out of their way to assist us. We highly recommend this place, and strongly advise anyone to book with this newer of their two buildings. They call it their Condo building. Their older building (right next door) shows wear and tear, and not nearly as clean as this Condo building.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank halfpintnana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed for a week from may 7 to may 14. The kids play area was nasty and needed to be cleaned up. The rooms were nasty. The room we were in had nasty brown carpet that was disgusting. the beds were hard as a rock.I didn't sleep well all week. Most of the employees were rude. There were bugs crawling all overvthe wall in the inside pool area. Ed are going to stay further up ocean blvd next time so we can be closer to things. Wouldn't want to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

I was a little unsure when I booked but the hotel had great reviews so I took a chance - and I'm glad I did. My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom at the Holiday Sands South - Condo side. The Holiday Sands has a hotel building and a condo building. I don't know anything about the hotel side, but the condo side was GREAT - it was right on the water. Check-in was easy. We didn't have any problems with parking because the condo had a parking garage at no extra charge - and we always got a good spot. The condo was very clean and was a nice size. It could sleep 8 people. We also loved the private balcony facing the ocean. Condo has free wi-fi and a full, stocked kitchen. And, housekeeping came everyday. Also there is a little restaurant which is great for breakfast. My only complaints are some of the washclothes are hard; we didn't have any movie channels like HBO; and the tv in the bedroom is on the side of the bed instead of at the foot. I had to look over my husbands shoulder to watch tv - but this wouldn't stop me from staying again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrscountess2023
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

Nice comfortable condo rooms, everything we needed, like being at home, but with a beautiful view of the ocean, the kids loved it too. Pool areas were nice and the water was warm, hot tub was just great. Will stay again in the future.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracym3
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

We got a great deal on a 5 night stay, one bedroom oceanview condo! The only thing I could complain about were the bedsheets. Not that they weren't clean, they were too big and wouldn't stay put! Just more of a nusiance (sp?) than anything. Definately wouldn't keep me from going back. Check in staff were wonderful! Our room was cleaned everyday: mopped, vacummed, fresh towels, beds made. Housekeepers were also very nice! Parking garage was convenient! Don't think I had to call the front desk for a thing while we were there. Our 5 yr.old twin sons LOVED the lazy river! Couldn't get them out of it. Loved that it was right on the beach. Also loved having a washer and dryer while at the beach, very convenient! Like another reviewer stated, the rooms were extremely quiet. Never heard a noise from the hallway once our condo door was shut! Had a wonderful beach vacation and our Holiday Sands condo just added to it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank momotwins630
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

This is a 2-in-1 hotel. You got the older hotel with the smaller rooms in one building and a newer condo-only building next door. We stayed in the older one. It was good. Room was clean, and just the rigth size. We used a fold out bed, which had seen better days. But for the money it was great. Pools were just the right temp, and perfect depth for my kids (6 & 3). Having the diner in the hotel was nice too. Average food at great prices and they even sold ice cream!! We are coming back this summer and are satying in the newer building in an oceanfromt condo.....so excited about that. The front desk let us look at one and they are NICE!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

This Hotel was well above average and deserves praise. I've stayed in various places and have nothing but good to say about this Condo. I posted several pictures and videos on my web page carlybrooks.ning.com. I have video of the kiddie pool and rec. room. You will not be dissapointed. I didn't notice any akward smell or any thing in bad repair. I made several comments on the videos that would be to long to list here. Its only about 5 miles from Ripley's aquarium. The Pizza Shak Pasteria that delivered had good food. I plan to make Myrtle Beach my place to get away. If you guys dare to find a place better please post on my site. Carly

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple