All reviews condo building across the street lazy river ocean view cafe ocean front hot tub full kitchen outdoor pool wall bed older hotel washer dryer nice balcony ocean blvd oceanfront room flat screen family vacation housekeeping staff
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I’m sharing my experience from working a couple of weeks here! HOLIDAY SANDS has bed bugs! Christy which is the housekeeping director is very unprofessional. She signed me the 4th floor in the hotel build and one day I went to service 420 the guest were there for a few weeks and I founded a bed bug on there bed and went straight to tell her, she did nothing but looked around in the room and told me not to say anything. She didn’t move the guest or anything she just let the guest stayed in the room. Everyone there is not to be trusted !!! Christy which is the housekeeping director and most of her housekeepers is friends, they all smoke weed and sleep in vacant room before guests check in. The housekeepers have men’s that don’t even work there walking around the hotel and sitting in vacant room. I WOULDNT TAKE MY FAMILY TO THIS PLACE, ijs. They let me, my sister, and my mom which was a supervisor go because my mom complained about the housekeepers putting bloody/dirty sheets on the bed and everything else that was going on at the hotel. They never let you talk to the owner so I guess Jeff that work in the front office was okay with everything that was going on.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Nyema R
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Needed to get away. It was August and I can’t afford the places I stay off season. I read the reviews and took a chance. Some were great, some terrible. So I came prepared. I read that the sheets weren’t clean, so I went to a thrift store and bought 2 sheets in case. I left them in the car. I pulled back the covers and sheets were clean. I did bring in a pillow, though. I like 3 pillows. Next, I read the bathrooms were dirty. I brought an old towel and some cleaner. Didn’t need them, bathroom was spotless.
I had a side view room. I didn’t plan on sitting on balcony, but, unlike other reviews, had a good view and chairs look sturdy to me. Staff has been very nice. I checked in on a Thursday so that cut down on the weekend rush.
All and all, it’s been a good trip. Hotel is old, but not falling apart. Pools are nice, kids are loving them.
I don’t have many expectations when staying at a hotel. I want a clean bed, clean bathroom, and want to feel safe. I always put a do not disturb sign on my door for the stay because it’s only me and don’t require much. Overall, I’m happy with this hotel. If you are looking for a 4star hotel, this ain’t it. But I’ve liked it and would stay again.

Room Tip: At night be sure to engage the deadbolt. When people slam their doors, it vibrates your door. Deadbolt stopped that.
Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Arrived at the hotel. Greeted well. Told that room will be ready at 4pm. No worries. They were kind enough to call me when it was ready; it was 30 minutes early (a good start). We went to Room 532 which was a side ocean view (we were on a budget) that only one of us could use at any one time (it was slim slice of a view). We turned down the bed..it was not made. Cleaners came up...they were lovely and changed linens and gave us actual towels! They left. We then noticed stains on the linens. Ugh. We did not call them again and just used a top sheet. The bed was terrible (enhanced by the sheet issue). Overall the room was in serious need of redoing. Paint stained, old crappy furniture, stained chairs with collapsed cushions, patio was gross and the wall was really stained. I complained in the morning and there were two others complaining at the same time about their rooms (I think one was Room 1211). I was given a marginally bigger room with the same view that was cleaner. Bonus, one of the beds was sorta firm (w00t). I appreciate the room change but it seemed to have been done begrudgingly which surprised me because our complaints were all verifiable. Also, I was only given a different room when I stated that I would be trying to find another place to stay (good luck at that time of the year). The elevators was so rickety, the buffet looked great but was not, and the place needs updating (or a demolition ball). The highlight of the stay were the ladies who helped us with the bedding that had not been cleaned. They were really nice.

Room Tip: If you can, pay the increased amount and stay away from the X32 and X28 line of rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I did stay in the condo side and had room broken into at night, apx 3 yrs ago. Reported to police, and hotel management a report was filed but NOTHING was ever done about it. Had a laptop, wallet stolen. Nothing done by hotel, or police they did have pic on camera of 2 guys coming In gate after hours, seemed like a regular occurrence that nobody got excited about it except for us!!

Room Tip: always double check the locks on your doors
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We always stay here when we come to Myrtle Beach this year was kind of disappointing the staff is great but the hotel needs some TLC. beds are not comfortable rooms where clean but needs updated. If we go back to Myrtle probably find some place different.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family