All reviews condo building across the street ocean front ocean view cafe lazy river hot tub full kitchen outdoor pool older hotel nice balcony washer dryer fresh towels oceanfront room flat screen family vacation up to date called the front desk
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Arrived at the hotel. Greeted well. Told that room will be ready at 4pm. No worries. They were kind enough to call me when it was ready; it was 30 minutes early (a good start). We went to Room 532 which was a side ocean view (we were on a budget) that only one of us could use at any one time (it was slim slice of a view). We turned down the bed..it was not made. Cleaners came up...they were lovely and changed linens and gave us actual towels! They left. We then noticed stains on the linens. Ugh. We did not call them again and just used a top sheet. The bed was terrible (enhanced by the sheet issue). Overall the room was in serious need of redoing. Paint stained, old crappy furniture, stained chairs with collapsed cushions, patio was gross and the wall was really stained. I complained in the morning and there were two others complaining at the same time about their rooms (I think one was Room 1211). I was given a marginally bigger room with the same view that was cleaner. Bonus, one of the beds was sorta firm (w00t). I appreciate the room change but it seemed to have been done begrudgingly which surprised me because our complaints were all verifiable. Also, I was only given a different room when I stated that I would be trying to find another place to stay (good luck at that time of the year). The elevators was so rickety, the buffet looked great but was not, and the place needs updating (or a demolition ball). The highlight of the stay were the ladies who helped us with the bedding that had not been cleaned. They were really nice.

Room tip: If you can, pay the increased amount and stay away from the X32 and X28 line of rooms.
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I did stay in the condo side and had room broken into at night, apx 3 yrs ago. Reported to police, and hotel management a report was filed but NOTHING was ever done about it. Had a laptop, wallet stolen. Nothing done by hotel, or police they did have pic on camera of 2 guys coming In gate after hours, seemed like a regular occurrence that nobody got excited about it except for us!!

Room tip: always double check the locks on your doors
Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We always stay here when we come to Myrtle Beach this year was kind of disappointing the staff is great but the hotel needs some TLC. beds are not comfortable rooms where clean but needs updated. If we go back to Myrtle probably find some place different.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank awoll82
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed at Holiday Sands South several times and dont have any complaints. Pools are nice and clean. Great beach access. Very family friendly. And the restaurant is a plus. Went in December 2017 and although it was cold, we enjoyed our stay as usual at Holiday Sands South :)

Recommend a floor higher up. The views are better :)

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018

got a 2br oceanfront that actually did not have a tube tv and the furniture is updated. I come here 2=3 times a year and this is the first unit that was up to date. this is or was a really good family place to stay, at least the condos are. past few stays the room wasn't cleaned very good. there was 7-8 8 inch hairs on the toilet, it needs a good cleaning to remove heavy dust in places like behind lamps and other things on tables. this trip we only had half the towels and washcloths, one bath had none, and no kitchen washrags or towels. they took our trash out this morning and set it in the hall and they finally picked it up at 8pm. other stays I wore white socks in the unit and they were black at the end of the day from dirty tile. oh yeah other people were complaining about not having towels when I checked in Friday. maybe its time to try Hampton inn or some of the other places around here. I tried compass cove, the landmark and they really sucked

Room tip: condos better than hotel
Date of stay: June 2018