“2nd time staying here. Would definitely return!”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Sands South
Ranked #69 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“2nd time staying here. Would definitely return!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed here for the 2nd time. I enjoyed it last year, and returned again this summer. This is a nice condo for a decent price. My room had a full kitchen and washer & dryer and the room was clean and very effecient. We had a little trouble with the in-room safe, but as soon as we reported it, the maintenance crew was there to fix it within a short amount of time. The location is great, and there is easy access in and out. The pools could be a little larger, but overall, it was sufficient for me and my children. I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms still have a great view of the beach. (Our balcony was on the left side of the &qu...
1 Thank Relonda78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed in both the Condo and Hotel property. Facility is located in the South part of MB, our usual area to stay (more family oriented and less traffic) right on the ocean.
Condo is great, up to date, fast elevators, clean room, central air, fully stocked kitchen including dishwasher, comfortable beds, washer and dryer and plenty of parking in a secure lot. Our only complaint was we had to call for maid service daily (one day we had to wait until after 3pm for service).
Hotel is awful. Strong smell of cigarette smoke (ash trays in the hallway), wooden doors (including to the balcony), leaking a/c on the balcony causing carpet to be wet and smelly, parking available only across the street from the hotel in a open lot, and the room was sadly in need of upgrades.
Stay here only if you have the condo available, otherwise, look at other properties.

Room Tip: Stay in the Condos, if you can't stay there, keep driving.
4 Thank fromVa79
Hazle Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Last minute trip.
Excellent room with ocean view and full kitchen.
Room was clean, nicely furnished.
Bed was by far the best I've had in a long time in a Hotel.
Best of all the Staff was wonderful and went out of their way to help us.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Next time will choose ocean front fourth floor or above.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas M
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The rooms are extremely clean but some of the furniture in the hotel needed updating. Very nice restaurant! Outdoor pool was crowded and murky but that's to be expected for the time of year. Parking lot for the hotel was across the street and when it's full you have to park even farther away. Overall for the price we would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed the condos here at Holiday Sands South. Having a full kitchen and washer and dryer was very convenient, and the location of the building was ideal! We were right on the ocean and also right on the "Grand Strand" or Ocean Blvd which gave us access to many restaurants and ice cream shops. Fast elevators, personal parking garage, in-room safe, and access to an indoor and outdoor pool were other positive aspects to our stay. However, there were some roach sightings on the building, there was not any shampoo or conditioner, old mens underwear was found in our room's dryer, and our air conditioner did not work for the first night we stayed (it was fixed the next day). All in all, the beach was beautiful and despite a few mishaps, our stay was a nice one.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Sofia P
Pacolet, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a very nice stay at Holiday Sands North. The hotel is located in my opinion the oldest and most memorable area of myrtle beach. My family have never been very well off and for as long as I can remember and before I was born my parents and grandparents stayed at Rainbow Courts... Now practically gone and just a memory like lots of the other areas I remember at myrtle beach all that remains is a shell of a building and a bought out old run down motel thats called the Rainbow Annexx.. When I was a kid The Holiday Sands was one of the tallest and biggest buildings in sight. I used to dream of staying in such a "Fancy" hotel at the beach. Well I had my chance as an adult with a family and two kids. I decided to take a change on a outdated family run lil old school myrtle beach hotel and well in my opinion it was a great decision. we had tons of fun in the pools and at the ocean and our balcony had a great view of the pier and ocean. The houskeeping was aweseome because of a lady name Wanda and our stay was very pleasant. I would return again no doubt. Only suggestion to keep up a bit with the jones' I would add some more things for the kids to do.. Maybe expand the arcade and fitness room and give the old girl a paint job.. Shes still in the heart of the beach and if all the old school myrtle beach attractions keep fading away they heart of the beach will quit beating.. Long Live the Pavilion and its return!!

Room Tip: The view is great above.. Ask for the 7th floor if Wandas the housekeeper.. Does a great job!
Mount Vernon, Kentucky
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The week of June 9th, I stayed in the condo at Holiday Sands South in room 501. And I have to say that the stay was more than I could have every imagined. The car garage went right up to my floor and all of the rooms were indoor instead of the dreaded outdoor rooms. The elevators were the quickest that I have seen in a long while. Within a minute you would have an elevator. The Condo was very clean and udpated!! The only thing wrong that I would have to say is the Bed was way to firm for me, but some people may like it that way. The room had 2 Bedrooms and 2 baths and the view was amazing. I will def stay here again if I can rent that room again from Condolux of Myrtle Beach. Also Condolux is very easy to rent from and very accomidating...

Room Tip: Go through Condolux!!!
1 Thank treyster12