“Holiday Sands at South Beach (The new condo's tower”

Holiday Sands South
Ranked #88 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed at Holida Sands at South Beach over Easter weekend at the new condo's hotel they just built last summer. We had a Ocean Front two beedroom two bathroom condo which still has a new feeling and was clean. The condo was nice and consisted of a washer, dryer and dish washer which could be a plus if you need them. The room also had a cable mobem hook up for computers along with WI-FI. The kitchen was fully stocked with many dishes from baking, frying, etc. The freezer also had an ice maker in it which was nice for drinks and we dumped the rest in the cooler.I huge plus that I liked is that the parking deck is for this building only. You have to have a rrom key to one of the condos to get into the deck. Also, all of the entrances to the hotel were locked from 11pm-7am and you needed your room card to get in during this time. I do have a few complaints though. The first one is that there were no clocks in neither of the bedrooms. The other one is that we requested some blankets for the beds because all that they had on them were sheets and comforters and they lady said she would get someone to bring them up. Well when the person got up with them he said that they were out of blankets and gave us more comforters. There things want keep me from going back here but that was just slack by them not having them things.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank cbr_guest

Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stayed here March 22- 28th of March. The Hotel is an older hotel. For an Ocean Front room we paid 555.00 for six nights. We stayed in a beach front room . Did have a nice view of the ocean. It could have been cleaner. I am not looking for perfection just clean. The bathroom door opened in, right to the toliet, If you was on it, you would get hurt. The bath tub had hair's in it and on the floor when we first got there. I was tired I just cleaned it myself. The bathroom is very small. It was my husband , myself and two our two college age children. The rooms was quiet, you could not hear your neighbor. The parking was a problem. The maid did not leave toliet paper . We ran out. The location is on the safer part of the beach area. The free internet is a cable you plug into you PC, not real good however one child did get their spring break homework finished.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank two_waters
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Found this hotel 7 years ago thru a Welcome Center book.
We love it here, it is like staying with family. Rooms are clean. Everyone, management, front desk, maintenance and housekeeping they are all very nice and do whatever they can to make your stay a pleasant one. We stay anywhere from 4-5 months and are looking forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Well it was the worst Place I have stayed in a long long time I would not stay there again. They have roaches and when I said something they said they were Palmentos Whatever I know a roach when i see one

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank donchil6
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I can't see how anyone could give this hotel a bad rating. If your standards or too high or if you are looking for perfection, this hotel may not be for you. But if you are looking for a comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. We had a wonderful oceanfront (A) room that was great. The view was nice and all the staff was friendly. I will be making my reservations for this year soon!!!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed January 28, 2008

We have stayed at the Holiday Sands South regularly for the last ten (10) years and have enjoyed the wonderful hospitality of the owners and staff. We are again looking forward to our visit this year (2008).

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed December 19, 2007

the rate for this hotel was fantastic! i had a 2 bedroom ocean front suite, the staff was super nice and the room was immaculately clean! it is in a great location and i would highly recommend anyone visiting myrtle beach to try it out!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends