“Ok for the price and location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #75 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kings Mountain, NC
“Ok for the price and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Room was decent size and clean upon arrival. Very unhappy about almost constant smell of pot smelled from from balcony and pool. At times was unable to sit on balcony or leave door open. Not overly kid friendly due to small pools and odor of pot. I know staff can not control what other guests do, but do expect appropriate concern and investigation. One hotel staff did respond to complaint, while other made joke...asking me if I was feeling hungry. Did not get in lazy river as it appeared unclean. Sometimes also smelled an odor of gas. No dish soap to wash dishes. Housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful. Great location oceanfront and next to 2nd avenue pier and new boardwalk. Only location concern was boarded up hotel directly next to this hotel. Location was quieter than other myrtle hotels. Beach wasn't overly crowded. Not sure if I would return again, especially with kids .

Room Tip: Higher rooms for ocean view
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights. Went to the room which was horrible and smelled like urine. Our reservation was for 5...there were only 2 queen beds. I talked to the front desk and the man said I booked that grade of room (didnt have the option to choose). I requested a different room...I was told that there was a room available that had 3 queen beds and was oceanview and would be 198.00 more. My dad and I looked at it...much better than the other room. We negotiated the price for the upgrade. Felt they used this room to get you to upgrade...it truely was an insult. Dont expect too much...one pillow per person, sign in the room says the maid doesnt do dishes but there wasnt any dish soap or dish towels or wash rags. The bathroom had orange mold in the tub jets and around the upper rim. The maid knocked on the door and asked if we needed anything...my mom asked for towels...we got towels and maid started to walk away...I asked if she was going to clean and she said yes...I also let her know about the bathroom. She never returned. On the second day, 1/2 our room was cleaned but towels were not taken at all for the time we were there. My dad had to clean a vent out so they could get cool air in their area of the room, some of the lights didnt work and my dad fixed the problem, we had to ask for kitchen towel, silverware, coffee cups, plates and there was a bad gas odor in the hallway. The best part of our stay was the little diner in our building which was excellent and the staff were awesome. The location was great...we could walk to the Boardwalk and shops. I personally wouldnt stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Debbie T

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Adrian, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I want to start off that the staff at this Hotel are extremely friendly. They fix things immediately if you call down to desk. The sink wasn't working and they were there within 15 minutes to fix it. I needed more pillows, they were there within 20 minutes. Great service. But the down side. Appliances are WAY OUTDATED!! The fan on my refrigerator made this horrible bang when it shut off, stove rusty, and could feel small amount of electrical current on pans when cooking. The handles were all loose and coming off the pans, the toilet paper roll holder was almost totally off the wall. Stains in carpet and had to clean the room myself before we unpacked, I think the people before us had a wild child because there was pudding and crayon EVERYWHERE!! They need to just do a huge DEEP cleaning of whole building. I got tired of calling the front desk to fix things so I just let it go. I did get one of the best deals on the beach though. Last year we were 4 blocks down and paid double. I did also hear they were updating the building next door to us, so hopefully this one will be updated too. Great deal, if you're not picky. They have very very nice people working there, and that makes a huge difference, that is the only reason I MIGHT come back.

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows, they're not good, or bring your own. Don't go bottom floor unless yo...
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Christina D
York, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

In good location to be able to walk to the boardwalk. Very nice staff and even the security guards were friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff always asked if we needed anything when they would see out of the room going to or from the beach. Overall just a great place to stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very polite, anytime we needed extra towels or anything we got them immediately, very kid friendly, 9th floor balcony views were amazing! Right off the boardwalk and close to wave park, family kingdom......washer/dryer, great pools and kiddie area, kitchen area was nice, had the basics, jacuzzis in the bathrooms!! Over all the price was amazing and my family had a wonderful vacation!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank leighanna29
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here july 10-13, 2014. The pictures on the internet must have been when the hotel was built because it looks old in real life. Room was clean, but could use some updating. Bathroom was extremely small for 3 kids 2 adults. We kept running out of towels. One day they would make our beds the next day they didnt. Our bathroom was never cleaned but towels were replaced. The ac unit on balcony was in pieces. Staff seemed nice and glad they could speak english. Great location!!! Overall you get what you pay for. Will be staying elsewhere

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank tstokely
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place is in a great location, polite staff and the prices reasonable. That is pretty much where the good things stop. There are definitely no extras here, not even shampoo. Our bed was absolutely as hard as a rock and we had to clean the toilet seat with disinfectant wipes when we got there, because it was apparent that they were not clean. There was a lot of random maintenance stuff that really needed to be done as well. I am generally not a picky person but it was just too much. If you don't mind these kind of issues then it is definitely the place for you, the price and location are right. However, I don't believe my family will be returning.

Location