“Would never stay here! Very rude!”

Holiday Sands North
Ranked #79 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
south carolina
“Would never stay here! Very rude!”
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I booked a room for 6 for June 2009 and tried to cancel several hours later and was charged $25! I was not informed of this policy and asked about cancellations when I booked the room. The customer service agent told me that if I cancelled at least 14 days before arrival there would be no charge. What a rip off!!!!

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank caninecrazy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
covington, ky
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I stayed there and I am glad I did. I had stayed there 3 years ago and was pleased. Since that time, I found TripAdvisor and read some of the reviews and wondered if I should stay again. I was not disappointed. I stayed 3 nights. My room was clean and the bathroom was clean, which was the most important issue for me. I had a nice room facing the ocean. The air conditioner was working great as the weather was very hot and humid. The staff was nice. If I had to nit-pick about the room, this is what I found.
There was a piece of drywall hanging from the ceiling, a few (what looked like hot grease stains) on the side of the fridge. The fridge was clean and working perfectly, the bottom of one of the kitchen cabinet was just a little crooked, a small black spot on the carpet on the balcony, the floors of the elevators in the south building (I stayed in the north building, the restaurant is in the south building) are in need of repair, there was a few remmnants of scotch tape on a display case that needed to be removed. The sheets were clean. If I go back to Myrtle Beach, I will stay again. I have a coworker who is looking for an inexpensive hotel and a new vacation spot. I will recommed Holiday Sands North.
The rates were great after Labor Day. There were plenty of people staying there. They have a grassy area oceanside with lounge chairs. It was great to sit there and watch the waves. They also have some tables where you can eat.

• Liked — Bathroom was clean
  • Disliked — Laxy river is inside and not outside
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Our stay at the hotel was ok. The rooms need to be updated to match the website. The pools need to be drain and scrubbed. The front desk was very helpful with directions and place to take the kids. However they dont tell you on there website have to but a 5.00 deposit down per room key and if you lose they key you lose your 5.00.

Stayed August 2008

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2008

We have stayed at Holiday Sands North several times before but this trip was even better. We got to MB early and were able to check in before check in time and immediately noticed that there was no microwave which was necessary to heat baby bottles. I called the front desk and they said someone would be right up. Jokingly I asked for a toaster and they replied sure and would you like a coffee maker too. I had all three within fifteen minutes. Our one year old loved the inside baby pool, especially the big toy frog and we enjoyed the big pool as well as the hot tubs. There was some kids playing rough in the pool and when the front desk was alerted it was immediately taken care of by five staff members. Holiday Sands offers everything that we were looking for and more and we will continue to vacation at this nice hotel. Plus you can't beat the price. I'm sure the expensive resorts are nice but its also nice to have money to play with and spend on the kids. We look forward to our second vacation in September and hope it was as nice as our first. I would recommend Holiday sands to families as well as someone looking for a reasonable room at a reasonable rate.

The Griffith's
Virginia

• Liked — Reasonable Price
  • Disliked — Not enough outlets
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Lexington,NC
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Me and my husband has stayed at this hotel for the past 5 year's now and we have yet to have any problem's with our stay.We love this hotel.Our room is alway's clean and fresh smelling.It is cleaned on time everyday like they are suppose to.We recommend everybody to stay at this hotel.Great view and great price's.We are planning a trip here in october of this year for a family vacation.We will not stay any where esle as long as this hotel stay's around.We love it!!!

• Liked — We loved this place.We stay here every year.It is the best!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
indiana
Reviewed August 2, 2008

omg i would never ever stay in this place again, it was the most dirty place i have ever seen. the wall had not been clean in years, it is need of a new paint job our room had crayon marking all over it. the carpet needs replace. was afraid to walk on it wore my shoes the whole time. we all sleeep in our clothes. got up in the morns went to the beach came back showered and left until time to sleep. the maid did not change our sheets once there for four nights, did not clean our tables sand all over them bathtub was nasty. in fact we cut our vacation off a day early because this place was so bad. didnt want it to be really wanted our first trip to sc to be great very very disappointed. the beds are awful not for sleeping hard hard hard and very old......

Stayed July 2008
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Well...Holiday Sands North was not what I had expected. For the last 5 years or so, I've been staying at Holiday Sands South, twice a year. This year, I decided to take a last minute trip down to the beach but South was booked. I looked at the Hotel website online, and I have driven past it when in Myrtle Beach in the past. I figured it was built at the same time as South, for the most part, it looks the same, it is owned by the same group, how different can it be? Well, I arrived a little early, so after handling the check in paperwork, I headed out back to the lawn to relax until my room was ready. While sitting in a chair on the lawn I saw dozens of cigarette butts, chicken bones, empty bottles, and other trash littered throughout the lawn. I had no issues with the room, it was clean, nice, good view, etc. My first morning, I wake up to see a homeless guy sleeping on a hotel bench that leads to the beach. This really got me thinking....They say they have someone who patrols the parking lots across the street to make sure the cars are secure, but if there is really someone walking/driving around the property, how can they not see some guy with two dogs passed out on a bench? There were approximately a dozen lawn chairs in front of the north tower, we had to get down there early to find the chairs with the fewest breaks/cracks in them. The jacuzzi was closed the last 3 days we were there, the shower head/faucet to wash sand and salt water off of you was partially broken, you have to use the shower, even though you only want to wash your feet. Unfortunately, I am really disappointed in my stay compared to Holiday Sands South. Most of these issues are EASY fixes, but if I had to guess, I would assume they are thinking about, or in negotiations to sell the north tower, or both. Why else would you not keep the lawns clean, fix the water so guests don't have to drag sand into the building, buy some new chairs, etc?

• Liked — Clean rooms and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Dirty common areas such as lawn area, elevator, and hallway. Broken chairs and other facilities.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends