“Great Hotel, would stay again”

Holiday Sands North
Ranked #79 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Toronto
“Great Hotel, would stay again”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I took my 12 year old for a mother/daughter vacation in late August. We stayed for four days, checking in on a Friday and checking out on a Monday. The front desk staff were, both day and evening, incredibly friendly ad helpful. Our check in was fast and our check out just the same. They even allowed us to check out an hour later, free of charge.
After doing extensive research over a long period this hotel was definitely overall the best option, value wise and location. It was the best deal for an oceanfront efficiency room (full kitchen) with a balcony overlooking an amazing view of the ocean. Our room was on the fourth floor. It wasn't a five star resort so don't expect that for the money you spend. It was decent, clean. The beds weren't the comfiest but I slept. Didn't awake with any back pains like I've read some people did.
The grounds were well kept and just steps to the beach and right on the board walk. In walking distance to everything! Very convenient. The pool areas were clean and nice. Lazy river, pool and hot tub were great!
The exercise room and game room were not the greatest that's my only complaint really.
I'm definitely planning to return to the Holiday Sands North on my next trip to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MissChrys55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I would like to say that my family and I love this hotel on North Myrtle Beach they were friendly the front desk has outstanding customer service we got to the hotel early and they let us check in we loved the room it was clean beds were okay and the breakfast OMG it was so good I like it because of the convenience to everything you don't have to drive you can walk the board walk was fun my family and I stayed her in July my husband and I will be returning this month ohh yeah they are very reasonable on the prices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kris H
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were set up to stay 5 nights. When we 1st walked into the room we lost our breath. It was so small and so nasty I thought I was going to throw up. We found chewed laffy taffy under the table. Sand all over the floor. The commode was covered with caulking to cover the section that was busted. The ceiling was black from smoke. If you had to go to the bathroom you had to walk all the way in the bathroom beside the commode & sink just to get the door shut. There was only 4" between the commode & the door. If you looked under the bed you could tell it has never been cleaned. We had to buy Windex to clean the windows to see out. When we told the owner this, he refused to give us our money back. We ended up leaving early because we could not take it anymore. When I gave the man the keys to the room back, all he said was "thank you". The bottom of the bathroom door was rotten, the cheap furniture was cheeped and broke.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TKJP1960

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2013

If this hotel would just update it would be a perfect place to stay! Centrally located, the boardwalk right outside makes it perfect to park your car and walk the entire stay. I have stayed here several times and each time I make the same request- please buy new mattresses. And each time I'm told the same thing- we are in the process of updating. New pictures on the walls are not my idea of updating. The décor is permanently fixed in the 1970's. However, the rooms are clean and the staff has always been friendly and accommodating. I would love to make this hotel my permanent second home in MB but I spend days after my stay with my back hurting. I struggle with my desire to stay in a friendly hotel where the staff always remembers I like to stay up high to the discomfort I'll have after it's over and lately the discomfort is winning out

Room Tip: this hotel always reminds me of new grads with their first apartment- decorated with all the family...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am stuck here until tomorrow! The ac is broke and they replaced the broken fridge with a worse one, and the comforters were sticky. When we asked for customer service the man was VERY rude, saying we were wrong And if we didn't like the room then we needed to get out, he also slammed the door. Also the lazy river is almost black the color is nasty. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Bumpass, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is nice and clean and extremely convenient to the Boardwalk and fun things to do; however, it is outdated. The decor and kitchen appliances are old, the bed is extremely uncomfortable and the pillows were thin as a pancake. We stayed in a kitchenette room and were cramped with four people. Further, we had to wait every day for clean towels until the late hours in the evening. The hotel should have enough towels to furnish the rooms without having to wait for them to be washed. I felt like the website portrayed a much different room than we experienced. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaci S
st. joseph, mo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

this place needed a lot of attention to detail. the carpet was grungy feeling, and little things like a rusted tissue box, ac vent falling off, mold around the tub, warped door, etc. would be easy fixes. i liked the layout of our 1 bedroom room. it slept 6 comfortably with a fold out couch and bed in the living room had a nice view off the balcony, we were beach FRONT. the room was expensive for my taste for what it was, 840 for 5 nights, but was cheap compared to some others in the area. a lot of what gets you in mbsc is the $35 night hotel tax. that's ridicuolous! the staff was very nice, one even loaned me a body board for my son. the beds were hard.

Room Tip: its 8 blocks from the family kingdom and 5 blocks from ripleys and sky wheel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family