“Wonderful As Always!!!”

Ranked #157 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
SUMTER, SC
“Wonderful As Always!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We just returned from a 9 day vacation in Myrtle Beach. We stayed at our favorite place!! I have read some of the reviews and I do not agree with some of the negative statements made. We have stayed at this hotel for years and have never encountered some of the issues that people write about. It makes me wonder if they are even legitimate reviews!! The staff is amazing!! They always go out of their way to get what people need (towels, ect.). They were booked full when we arrived and noone was complaining, the pool was clean,the lazy river was being enjoyed, the elevators were clean, it was perfect!! Even with a full hotel, the staff made sure everyone in the lobby was being taken care of. Yes, it is a small family based hotel. Yes, they allow pets. For our vacation we will ALWAYS choose to take our Lab and stay with our favorite staff at the Bermuda Sands!! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. By the way, The Boardwalk is beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZEUSMOM1005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I looked at the reviews on this motel before I desided to make me reservation and keeping in mind that most who do make a review are upset and not many people will post a good review. My review is Bermuda sands is not the Oceon One which is down the street but for the price and location you can't beat it especially after seeing some of the other motels who have the same price. The service was great the parking is limited due to the cities boardwalk project. Myrtle beach took alot of the motels property away just to make a boardwalk but I will be returning. The rooms was very clean and the housekeepers made sure we had clean linnen every day. For the people who wrote bad reviews on this place, if you want a perfect place then fork over more money and stay at Oceon One because you truly do get what payed for

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Rutvols
Camden, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2010

No parking room !!My Husband had to park 3 blocks over. and while we were out shopping. OMG!! someone had gone into my bags and yes They steal. Just Unreal. had to leave.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Do2rious175

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Advance,NC
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Parking 3 blocks away at night and during thunder storm, no coffee in room or lobby, no clock, no hair dryer,tub and bedroom floor dirty, big party going on in the parking lot until wee hours of the AM, no phonebook in room, rates were not what was adverised. Yelling and running up and down the floors untill5:00 am. Office staff rude I would not
even rate it terrible because it was not fit for a dog, which you may also bring.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ashland, KY
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel was disgusting! I stayed here because they allowed pets, but was in tears when I arrived! The hotel was covered in garbage, beer cans, condom wrapers, and was extremely disgusting. The whole second floor smelled like pot and there were people sitting outside their room just watching you. The room was even worse, it was dirty and had holes in the walls. I wouldn't recommend that you send your worst enemy to stay here! I tried to find another hotel, but none of them accepted pets. After I cleaned the room myself, I refused to go outside without a can of Lysol and sprayed everything I could. Close to the end of our stay we spoke with three other people who said that their room was broken into and they stole money from their purse. If you do get stuck here take your belongings with you where ever you go! This place was a nightmare!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hnmoor2
Chesapeake, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My wife and I take our son (5year old) to Myrtle Beach about 2-3 times a year. We have stayed in soooo many different places always trying something new. This place was NASTY!!! The hallways smelled like urine, the elevator was broken, no where to park, my wife had to use the pool skimmer to clean the lazy river of trash and cigarette butts, the door to the room had gaps where you could see in and out, By far the worst place I have ever stayed!!! We will NEVER GO BACK!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Ben_Richelle
Possum Kingdom, SC
Reviewed May 23, 2010

As far as the Bermuda Sands they have a great location. The pool is nice and the rooms are spacious. As far as the housekeeping there is not any. The only thing they do is give you fresh towels. The hall ways are absolutely filthy. They were not swept or vacuumed the first time for the whole week I stayed there. The housekeepers never wipe anything down in the rooms. There are bugs and fleas in the rooms. Be sure and bring your DOG because I must have been the only person without a dog. Be careful walking outside in the sand because the people that take their dogs outside to do their thing, the people do not clean up after their pets, they only push sand on it. I could go on for ever about how nasty the place is but I will only say the management is OK with it this way because I talked to him about this and he didn't seem to care. The motel is scheduled to be torn down in 9 years and replaced with an Ocean One Resort.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple