See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had a horrible stay at the motel. We went to our room and everything was dirty. Our ceilings were molded and they are telling the truth about the cockroaches.The bathrooms are terrible.We tried to make the best of it. Went to walmart and bought candles and brooms and pillows. I did the cleaning myself.But as soon as you opened the door you would get the smell back inside your room.I was not going to write a review about this place till some of you were talking about the elevators. Thank you.Wle we were there my husband got caught in the elevator. The doors came shut on him and would not open up.He had to physically pull his arm out and it took skin and all. He went and reported it and they did not even send anyone to check it out.He was dripping blood and they said to make an accident report. We drove home to NC and he had to go to the er. He wore a cast on that arm for 4 days them had to see the dr for infection. You wonder why?Well that was in sept. todays date is nov.1 and we just recieved a letter from their ins. co that they weren't liable for the accident.DON'T GO TO THAT MOTEL. MOST of you know what i'm talking about. The rest of you must have the names mixed up. The insurance co said the motel never had a problem with the elevators.Thank you for proving them wrong.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Was a nightmare the outside of the hotel looks like it would be nice but from the time u enter the nasty dark dirty hallways and to the elevators that still move while your trying to get off it. The door u have to open with a regular door key not a access card how old is that? The room inside is even worst there was places on the walls were there had been holes put into it and had to be patched and instead of trying paint over the area they just left it lookin the way. The refrigator looks like it was picked up off he side of the road. The mattress has brown spots all over it . The entire front was tore off the air conditioner and water leaked out from everywhere so bad the entire balcony carpet was wet, The carpet looked so dirty I was afraid to tke my shoes off, This place is nasty and disgusting and to top it off there is a evelope from the maid requesting tips. we were suppose to stay the entire weekend and our trip was cut short cause of how horrible this hotel was. I would not recommend this hotel tp my worst enemy.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

This was the worst Hotel we have ever stayed at. We did not know it was pet friendly so When you would take a shower in the tub that had this stuff peeling off of it and the ceiling was falling in the bathroom smelled like a wet dog. I never let my bare feet touch the floor. The room was so Dark only two little wall lamps and the light bulbs I think were put in there when the Hotel opened many many years ago. I just do not understand why owners do not try and make thing better. So They will not get bad reviews. No Photo I didn't want anyone to know I Stayed at the Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We have stayed here for the past two years and will most likely return next year. If you are expecting the Marriot then this is not the place for you. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are all very friendly. Besides all we use the rooms for are basically to sleep. It is an older hotel with wear and tear but for the amenities you get for the money I find it hard to beat. They have an awesome lazy river that my daughter absolutely loves. In fact, she actually requested to stay at the one with the lazy river again. They do allow pets so if you are not a pet lover then you might want to find elsewhere. All in all a very good vacation and will probably return next year (they do give repeat visitor discounts also).

Reviewed September 13, 2009

Lots of people gave this place bad reviews. It's by no means a 4 star. Our room was smaller than I thought it'd be. But the rate was nice and they let me have my big German Shepherd. Don't expect any flat screen tvs. Or any kind of breakfast. But if you are a pet owner and want to take them with you to the beach...go here. The place isn't for families with small brats. But if you're a dog lover it's a great place to meet new people who enjoy their pets as much as you do. We had a great time. The housekeeping was nice, the ladies are all nice. Their maintainance man, Keith, he's cool as hell. If you got a pet and want a good time, go here. Don't expect anything high society, but for the money spent....it was a wonderful vacation. If you're looking for luxury...this isn't for you. It's for down to earth people with pets who go to the beach for a vacation!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple