“pet friendly”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #168 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

a good hotel for the price...lots of water attractions for kids... and a good place to stay if you bring your pets. friendly and helpful staff. i would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to save money.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank lorrieinvirginia
There are newer reviews for Bermuda Sands Motel

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Got a good price for this motel ocean front. First the location is great and the view amazing. Easy access to the ocean and boardwalk. They have an outdoor pool with kiddy pool and lazy river and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi. Both pools were dirty. Had clumps of hair in the Jacuzzi, garbage floating in the lazy river, a green hue to the water, rusty and broke pool chairs. The rooms were old and carpet had huge stains. The doors were dry rotted and would stick. Best advice if you are staying for more then one day go somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristi T
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I had a piece of medal wire go thru my foot in the room and all the so called manager did was shrug his shoulders. Balcony door had been broken into so many times it would not open.. rude rude rude. And no chairs on balcony. Shower had mold all thru tiles and water faucet handles didnt work right. In general run down trashy place.

• Stayed: April 2014
10  Thank amybakerga
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The room was dirty, smelly and very poorly equipped, should have slept up to 6 people, but you could not even used the kitchen area for 2 people. The shower hardly ran, the toliet did not flush well. Was advertised as kitchen stocked, but it only had one pot, one bowl, 5 plates and a frying pan with no handle, was extremely disappointing. The office was dirty and the elevators smelt of bug spray. I will never stay there again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank KeswickElizabeth
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My family of 5 stayed at the Bermuda Sands April 9-12. First off let me say that some of the reviews had me terrified. I contemplated canceling a couple of times but figured I would just play it by ear. In my opinion for what you spend it's worth the price. Check in took all of 5 minutes. There is a $5 charge per room key but it is refunded at checkout. The staff wasn't over the top friendly but they weren't rude either. The elevator did not smell of urine as I had read but smelled overly deoderized which in my opinion is better than urine. Our room was an oceanfront 2 bedroom on the 4th floor and had a beautiful view. The kitchenette was in good condition....working stove, refrigerator. Wi-Fi is also included and worked consistently. The bathroom was also in good condition...plenty of toiletries and clean towels. Housekeeping was friendly and came by daily to clean the room and bring fresh towels. They provided plastic utensils which the OCD in me loved. The only drawbacks were that they didn't provide coffee despite having a coffee pot in the room and that they indoor pool is a bit outdated. The floor looks so old and dirty i didn't want to walk around barefoot in there and the hot tub while hot is outdated too. The lazy river is a good spot for the kids but they should clean it more frequently and perhaps replace the lounge chairs. It has perfect beach access so we spent more time on the ocean than the pool. We really enjoyed the trip and for the price would definitely stay again. This is not the Taj Mahal or Hilton so if that is your expectations keep going. For a nice affordable low-key place definitely check them out...oceanfront on the 4th floor or higher is the best deal.

Room Tip: Oceanfront 4th floor or higher
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank smartiepants617
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My friend and I go every year to Myrtle Beach for her birthday. This year we made a big mistake by changing motels. This place looks really nice from the outside, the office and front. Don't let this fool you.
We rented a suite for 7 days. Asked about a blender, no just the amenities you need. Well the entire place is dirty, inside and out. The kitchen was dirty, the microwave was falling apart from the inside. The top inside was falling down. The stove had no handle on the oven door and the burners weren't only dirty but the little aluminum pans the had in the trays were dirty too and the trays didn't fit the burners.. Had no toaster, did have a coffee maker but offered no coffee. Had no Iron or ironing board. Offered no shampoo, lotion and the bar soap they did have was so thin was gone after 2 uses.
When we arrived, one bed had no bedspread on it and the one they brought us had holes in it and was for a king sized bed and we had queen. No skid rug for the shower, the tv was a nice one but was so smeared from being wiped with a dirty rag had to clean it myself so we could watch it.
Had 2 glasses, 1 small cereal bowl, one big fork that was so bent it was almost unusable. The frying pan was dirty and even though we asked for another one, didn't get it and had to go buy dish soap and scrubbers to clean it. Had no colander, no spatler, no mixing bowls, one knife that you had to use like a saw to cut with.
No spare pillows or blankets, no tv guide. Balcony was dirty and table and chairs on the balcony were filthy.
Had no handicap parking claiming they didn't have to because the motel was built before it was the law.
The outside hot tub looked as if it had sand in the bottom of it but it was stained.
The floor in the bathroom was tile and grout was nasty. Carpet throughout the motel was worn, stained, and very dirty.
There website is a hoax, nothing is as they show it. I would suggest finding another place and paying a little more money. We always stayed at the Landmark and you can bet that's where we'll go back to on our next trip
On the last night there, we had to call down to the desk around midnight and again around 2 am. People yelling and screaming outside the rooms and on all floors sounded like. Have no open or closing time for the pool....

Room Tip: Research and ask questions. We were just to trusting and even though we didn't let this spoil ou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank lindac1220
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nancy Hammond always has a smile for everyone and our stay at Bermuda Sands is a pleasant one each time. We did not bring our pet but it is nice to know that it is pet friendly. The rooms are clean and that is what makes me happy. When asked where to stay by my friends, I always tell them Bermuda Sands. Nancy Hammond gives us great ideas of where to go to shop and where to eat out. I am at home writing this and for sure I would love to be in Myrtle Beach right now and of course staying at Bermuda Sands.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family