“Awesome location! Had a great time!”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #169 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our second stay at Bermuda Sands. There was a mix up with our rate, but the very nice lady at the front desk fixed it. All of the staff that I met seemed very nice and was helpful. I love the location, right at the beginning of the boardwalk and right next to the 2nd avenue pier. They are pet friendly which is a plus because we always travel with a dog. The room was okay. It definitely could use some fixing up, but we were impressed that we had a nice lcd television this time. The locks on the doors have been upgraded. The furniture was a little old and beat up and the carpets could use a good thorough shampooing, but otherwise the room was clean. Bed was clean. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste, but I still slept very well. Shower had good pressure. The pool, hot tub, and lazy river areas are nice and looked clean. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! For the price, you can't beat the location! I researched other places and this was the most affordable place to stay that was oceanfront and allowed pets. And there are not many oceanfront resorts that do allow pets in Myrtle Beach. Please keep in mind that this is not a fancy resort. It is a budge motel. It's just perfect for those on a budget looking for an affordable place to stay with their pets. Would we stay here again? You bet!

4  Thank 1beachbunnygirl

Reviewed October 13, 2013

do not stay here motel no hair dryers in rooms no toilet papers holders let people smoke in rooms dogs all in motel crap in grass areas pools run down rooms smell of old wet dog and motel staff not very helpful

Room Tip: always look at room before paying
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sam M
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is very gross. Looking at it from the outside it looked like it was going to be an o.k hotel, the pools were great but when it came down to everything else it was NASTY.
For example if you are a non smoker you are out of luck because you can not get a smoke free room because they allow you to smoke everywhere. The rooms are very, very dirty! There are not enough words to say how nasty, filthy, gross this place is. I would have rather slept on a bench outside then stay there again! There I no chance of me staying here or friends after I told them how bad it was. Now as for parking they have 2 areas to park in but who wants to park 3 or 4 blocks away, it is crazy. please if you want a nice vacation do NOT stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Missy G
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The best location in Myrtle Beach! Right at the beginning of the boardwalk and at the Grand Stand. 3 miles to Walmart. They are dog friendly.
Shower water pressure is horrible, no light fixture cover in the bathroom, base of vanity is rotten. Towels are rough and small. Not the cleanest place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Nomakay
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Another great time at Bremuda Sands Motel. Was there in April and Sept. Had a great time. Every one was nice and friendly as always. Miss Dorthy kept our room nice and clean. Location is great. Just little stroll to a great eating place. (best breakfast buffa). Enjoyed all the pets. Flowers were beautful this year. Since me and my wife have been coming to Myrle beach for at least 15 years we stay no where else. she loves the boardwalk to walk on and i just make foot prints in the sand. I plan to come back in October if the weather is right. Rob, Pam and Miss Nancy hope you are doing well hope to see you in Sctober.

Room Tip: Ocean front. You can hear the ocean.
6  Thank Fred49680
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We choose this place because it was pet friendly. That's the only good thing about it. There isn't enough parking for their customers. I've had hip surgery and my husband has had lung surgery making it difficult for him to walk. I had to walk over a block to park. I called the front desk to ask for towels as we didn't have any. I was promised towels. They were not brought to us. The carpet was filthy. Never go without shoes at this place. The maid did clean the room as requested and did as good as she could considering what she had to work with. We will not be going back to this place. The only utensils in the kitchen was a pot lid and a meat fork.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms do have a good view
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were seriously disappointed w/our stay here. Although the staff at the front desk was pleasant, housekeeping & overall shape of this place were severely lacking.
Dresser drawers so warped that they were sticking or stuck altogether.
Folding bed sometimes didn't open. When it was open, the foot of the bed was several inches higher than the head of the bed.
Mold on the ceilings & damp floors.
No internet, phone or television instructions.
Overall condition of kitchen appliances was fair but not great.
Dishes, pots, pans, utensils and glasses dirty.
Very low water pressure. Water temperature fluctuated dramatically & frequently.
This has been the worst experience we have ever had w/any housekeeping. We told several different people at the front desk that housekeeping had not been attending to our room.
The bed sheets smelled dirty like sweat since we arrived. The bed sheets were never changed. Since housekeeping never showed up, we made our own beds & slept on top of the bedspread with our own blankets.
Housekeeping only came one day out of the six days we were there.
The one day housekeeping showed up, she changed out the wet towels with new ones but they smelled horrible and were very scratchy. I rewashed them myself. We washed the towels w/our own money & detergent each day we were there.
Since housekeeping did not come to our room, we had to go to the front desk for toilet tissue & the trash piled up for several days.
The floors were coated in sand & were never vacuumed. The floors were so dirty that if you walked bare footed the bottoms of your feet would turn black with dirt.
Huge roaches, I mean really!
We will not be recommending this establishment to anyone. We deserved so much better than what we got. We will not be repeating this mistake again. They have lost what could have been repeat customers w/extensive referrals.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family