“Dirty!!!”

Bermuda Sands Motel
Ranked #168 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My grandson and I arrived on June 18, we had to park a mile away and carry everything up 4 flights of stairs because the elevator doesn't work. We saw a big rat outside the hotel, there are pizza boxes and trash everywhere in the halls and outside the hotel. I get a phone call from the desk about my little dog saying someone complained about her barking, well I don't believe that for one minute. I think the management should be more worried about underage drinking and playing loud music and beating on drums all night long every night they stayed. It was terrible as we could not sleep at all , I put my fingers in my ears and it still didn't help, my ears were pounding. We paid for a room to hear that all night. We had no running water from our faucet , phone didn't work. Elevator didn't work. We walk into our room and could smell cigarette smoke from next door. Terrible!!! Management should worry more about rude underage behavior going on not about dogs. Why would there be 20 people allowed in a room and to drop beer cans everywhere outside our room. Of course my dog is going to bark with that kind of craziness going on. Who wouldn't!!! Clean up your hotel and be more selective who you let stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank I-LOVE-BLITZY
There are newer reviews for Bermuda Sands Motel

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Not what the website pics showed. YUCKY! The microwave in our kitchenette was rusted. However, there was a new one on the dresser next to the tv. Towels & especially wash cloths were few & far between. I cleaned rooms at my aunt & uncle's hotel & had they inspected this room, our housekeeper would have been in trouble. However, the front desk staff was very nice. Parking sucks too.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Mrsmulepower
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My recommendation for this place would be to SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN. What a dump it was. I have never and will never stay in a place like this again. From a distance and the pictures on the internet the place didn't look so bad. There was trash and stuff in the pool and under the counters in the room. The coffee maker spewed coffee grounds everywhere and it leaked from the bottom so we couldn't use it. The whole facility was nasty and dirty. We felt as though we should have slept in our clothes and wore flip flops in the shower. The beds were hard as a rock. The air conditioner cracked and popped all night. The stairs and elevators smelled of URINE. Does this place never getted cleaned? This place needs a total renovatin. During the night you couldn't sleep for all the scooters and motorcycles going down the street. Then one night someone was on the phone and in an argument with someone right outside our room so we had to listen to that. We didn't know if we were getting ready to get shot or what was going on. The doors don't close properly. We came back in one night and our door was open.
If it weren't for some more friends coming in that night we would have definately asked for our money back and went somewhere else. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO A DOG!

Room Tip: Do not stay here. If you do don't stay on 3rd floor street view. Way Too much noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Penny W
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Boy did the pictures and right up mislead me, holy cow talk about a run down no tell motel !!! This place was and is disgusting paint peeling off the walls, stained towels and sheets, holes in comforter which felt like sand paper, trash everywhere in the corners, elevator, people throwing their take out pizza boxes on the ground. Parking sucked, the staff looked shady and looked liked they are right out of the state penitentury, thank god I have my carry and conceal permit because I never left the room with out my gun and it was on the night stand when i was sleeping. I will pay the money next time to stay at a cleaner resort, lesson learned I wish I would have read these reviews before last week. Health department needs called on his place.

Room Tip: Stay down by the 14th street pier !!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikecarson1970
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband,granddaughter our rat terrier and I all LOVE BERMUDA SANDS !!!!! we stay here at least 3 times a year ....the staff is so friendly and caring....no-it's not the Ritz Carlton but it's clean and in a very nice location!!!! All you Fuddy Duddies need to stay in north Myrtle!!! Or better yet-try Europe!!!! For the past 6 years we have NEVER SEEN ANY BUGS HERE!!! we will be arriving to our HOME AWAY FROM HOME tomorrow after morning church service!!!! Looking forward to another stay with our Bermuda Sands Family!!!!

Room Tip: The type 2 rooms are ocean front and you can also look out onto the lazy river...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Melody G
Reviewed June 15, 2012

T have stayed here in the past and it was good so decided to stay this year BAD MISTAKE holes in bed spread thin towels and wash rags stove looked like it came out of trash dump.Smell was bad, Under age drinking and a lot of partying all night bad language howlering across hotel from one side to the other,someone pulled a gun on another person 4am in the morning cops everywhere outside searching for something or someone, people walking their animals and when they used the bathroom they did not clean up after, 2 drunks standing outside useing the bathroom,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed here the week of June 3rd for 7 nights. First off when I made the reservation we paid one nights deposit which was all that was required. A few weeks later I called in to make another payment on the room an was told that due to credit card laws that you can only pay using your card one time that you either had to pay it all at one time or pay whatever you plan on paying with the card at that time. That confused me but I was like ok whatever so what do I do cause I want to pay so they said mail a money order (don't ever do that). We got there registered an paid the balance in cash.The room sucked I went asked for refund an got oh we are sorry but the person who was working has since left for the day an has taking the money to make a deposit an we don't have enough cash to refund your money however we can refund one nights stay to your debit card but will have to mail you a check for the amount of the money order that you paid with. After alot of arguing an the nice gentleman at Bar Harbor even trying to work something out with them since they are sister facilities I said forget it we wil stay.
We went an bought cleaning supplies lots of bleach an lysol. Did not want the maids in the room cause they were pretty rough looking.
This is what all we found: The room had one seperate bedroom an two double beds in the front room facing the ocean. The bed sheets were stained dirty with dead black bugs on them the drawers had crap in them an had not been wiped down since the last ppl checked out there was like tabacco from cigs in there bottle caps papers ect, trash can hand not been emptyed, they tv looked like someone had puked on the side of it the light shade had dried blood inside of it the floor had not been vaccumed.
The kitched stove was nasty there was roaches running around on it, the frig was nasty spilled sticky stuff all in it, human long hairs on the shelves an a roach an another bug in there, the cabinet door had a wad of gum on it an there was a booger on the wall the floor was filthy.
The bathroom: Dried blood in the tub dried urine around the base of the toliet floor was filty.
The main room where the two double beds were at: the sheets on both beds were stained also dead black bugs on them the floor was filthy same thing with all the drawers in there they were full of stuff like papers ect., the table was sticky. the mattress were also filthy.
We bought gloves an bleach an cleaned every thing had to bleach the sheets went out an bought covers to cover up with (never use the spreds on the the beds any where you stay unless its like a 5 star resort cause they don't get washed in between guests. Our first day there was ruined because we had spent so much time cleaning.
There was also an armed robbery while we were there in one of the rooms. Pretty scary stuff there. Lots of activity going on in that place. You could just stand out side the room an watch drug deals an prostution deals going down. My advice to you would be to not stay there its a dump.

Room Tip: always pay with a credit or debit card an always go see the room before you pay
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends