“FUNTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #75 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 19, 2010

A great family place! we traveled as two adults,2 teenagers, and 2 infants and there was something for everyone! We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo and there was more then enough room for all 6 females and there STUFF:) The Resort was clean and the satff was very friendly. It was easy to get to any store, everything was close by. The beach was clean and beautiful and there was a watersport rental right next door. Unfortunatly when we where there the closest pier was closed. Directly across the street there is a small amousment park that is only open on the weekends (It was a little noisy and bright those nights). My only complaint (if you can call it a complaint) was that there were not enough lougage racks and that at check inn time the need more staff on site, even if its just to answer the phone the clerks can focus on the guest in front of them.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Before reserving my vacation at the westgate myrtle beach I read all the reviews possible and had mixed feelings about my decision on staying there. To my suprise all of the reviews were crap and I totally enjoyed my stay at the westgate, we stayed in a one bedroom studio and it was beautiful with granite countertops, walk in shower, flat screen tvs, etc. I think the reviews that were negative were people that stayed in the hotel side which may be a little run down, not sure, but my vacation was great and I would recommend the westgate anytime!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We spent the majority of our vacation at Baywatch Condo's in North Myrtle Beach. It was wonderful. .The beach was quiet the area was nice and clean. Like two different worlds. We then went to NC to meet with our realtor and stayed at the Franklin Hotel in Chapel Hill, NC , which is 5 star and just beautiful. Since we had to fly out of Myrtle we decided to get a hotel closer to airport for last ngt there. What a MISTAKE. This place was nasty...the location is nasty the rooms were old with loud wall air conditioners. The balcony's were right on top of each other with no privacy. The beach was crowded and all ...Not Good!! If I were you , stay in North Myrtle at Baywatch or somewhere close to that or stay all the way South near Merles Inlet (spelling??) where they have some nicer upscale high rises.
Good Luck and enjoy your Vacation!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2010

Front desk manager was rude, argued, and did not manage problems that arose in our condo. Pull out sofa beds were very uncomfortable so if you need extra sleeping space, don't plan on being able to sleep extra people comfortably. Front desk folks said things like "we tell people to bank the beds with extra blankets".....obviously it's a problem they hear about often.

After acknowledging that the pull outs are a problem, they would not offer any solution other than padding the pull outs with extra blankets. We discussed adding another hotel style room to our week but the cost was extraordinary and Westgate refused to provide additional comfortable sleeping quarters.

Other front desk staff were geneally uninformed or just too busy to know what was going on. We'd call to ask the concierge a question and the front desk staff would say there is no concierge in. We'd go to the lobby a few minutes later and there would be two of them right there.

The oddest thing is this hotels frugal dispense of toilet paper. It's almost silly to mention but the rolls must be the tiniest rolls we've ever seen. We'd have to call to have them replaced they would either not bring up more rolls or it would take hours.

It was very frustrating that Westgate was not concerned with our discomfort or our frustration with their organization. We've been at other Westgate resorts before and by far, Westgate Myrtle Beach was bizarrely off what we've been accustomed to in a Westgate Resort.

Most importantly, if you have your heart set on Westgate Myrtle Beach...bring your own toilet paper.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

Smooth check-in, clean spacious rooms were just the beginning of our family vacation. The staff was fabulous, especially Jackie at the fron reception counter. She was always pleasant, and helpful to each and everyone who came to the desk for help. She did everything possible to help make our vacation a fun and worry-frree time. Danielle in activities was always smiling and a helpful resource, as well. These two ladies are an integral part of the total Westgate holiday experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I booked this hotel online after much deliberation (there are so many choices!). The beds are very small. My fiance and I had to sleep in separate beds because he was so uncomfortable at 6'3" (so much for romance!). The place was dated, which is fine, but the housekeeping was very poor, eventhough we left a large tip each day. The concierge was clueless, but very friendly and printed our boarding passes for us, which saved us a huge hassel.

Best feature: We slept with the doors to the oceanview balcony open. I loved hearing the surf and seeing the sunrise.

Worst Experience: I asked the concierge where are the best grits in town (I am from the south and make my own, but thought surely there would be a great home-spun spot to visit), and he said to stay at the hotel, the grits are as good as any. Well, my fiance believed him. It was an okay breakfast, but not home-made or anything great, and for $7.95 each I thought we could have found SOMETHING better?

It wasn't horrible. Things on the beach are going to be more run down because of the constant humidity, which I understand, but I don't get the poor housekeeping. I wouldn't stay here again, I would try my luck with another beachfront, as there are so many to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2010

I was travelling with my 17 and 13 year old kids, along with my friend and her 18 year old daughter. The husbands were travelling on business and it was spring break, so we thought we'd indulge the kids and with a trip to their favorite (my least) beach. We were put in the South Tower, which was just built. We rented a 2 bedroom condo and a 1bedroom condo that were connected. I was leery because of my recent visits to Myrtle Beach, and because the price was so reasonable. We were all blown away by our accommodations. Granite counter tops, tile flooring, beautiful bathrooms and views. We ended up extending our stay. I could actually forget where we were while in the hotel and on their beach. I'm trying to find a weekend that I can return with my husband, who is a true hotel snob - he'll be impressed. The staff was great - couldn't have been friendlier.