“Very Nice Resort”

Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #75 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Alexander checked me in and upgraded my room to 4 nice beds considering we had 2 small children and there was 4 of us all togather. 2 Balconys made it very plesent to stay there. They also had all heated and outside Lazy River,Kiddy pool, and then 2 reg Pools and 1 Hot Tub. Very happy we went there instead of the SandCastle.

Room Tip: All Rooms are nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re thrilled our staff was able to accommodate your needs. It is great to hear you enjoyed our balcony and heated pools. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would like to thank Alex and the front desk team at AWestgate Myrtle Beach Resort. His team was very accomodating to our needs. Our room was amazing. We had a great ocean view, very modern accomodations, and clean living quarters. Thank you for the excellent service!

Room Tip: Request rooms in the tower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tonyaws
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to our accommodations. We hope to see you again soon!

Lissy

Reviewed February 23, 2014

- Staff a bit less for the number of guests.Gets busy during season.
- Prices vary and include a $12 resort fee not mentioned while booking online

They do upgrade when possible to the oceanfront suites which are a bit comfortable.Considering this,rest goes downhill.Room are just ok with a few quirks like old doors and locks.In some specific cases the sleeper bed sofa might not be comfortable or broken even.
One more thing to notice was that bathrooms had a single soap for 4 people.Quite a miss there but overall an ok experience.

-Parking can be tricky to find.

Room Tip: try to look for better deals
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tourer101
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled that our staff was able to upgrade you to another unit. We understand you had some issues during your stay. We take all of our guest’s feedback into consideration as we are always looking to improve. We apologize if there were not enough toiletries in the unit; our housekeeping staff would be more than happy to bring you supplies upon request. We appreciate this opportunity to improve, and will work to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

From the first time I walked and gave them my last name it was as if they were expecting me and since they were not filled to capacity he immediately upgraded my room which of course I appreciated. My room is very nice and very clean and has been maintained throughout my stay. Every time I have walked in the lobby I have been greeted warmly and so I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kirk C

Thank you so much for your response. We are thrilled that our staff was able to upgrade you to another unit. Our staff strives to provide an ultimate vacation to all of our guests and owners. We hope you will visit us again and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

To Whom it May Concern:

I’m writing because I am a disgruntle customer who recently stayed at your resort. I have never been so perplexed and just dissatisfied at the treatment I got when I stayed with the Westgate Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC.
First day in my room I had dirty sheets I called down stairs and was told to my amazement that they would bring the sheets up but I had to change them myself. Constantly we complained about the cigarette smell in out room that constantly overpowered our room on our daily basis. I have two small kids and my nieces staying overnight I complained numerous times to the front desk and the night before I left they sent security up here to investigate and he stated that it wasn’t cigarette smoke and it was how the “hotel” smelled. That to me was just idiotic and was insulting my intelligence.
Next, the whole time we where he we got no room service we couldn’t even get no one to vacuum in here and barely anyone to take out the trash. Lastly, my roomed leaked the whole time when it rained our floor was wet and our clothes got drenched because of the leaky slide doors and roof; we also have videos and picture evidence to show how horrific our stay was. This to me is unacceptable and there is something that needs to be done about it my husband just came home from his 6th deployment overseas and this is the treatment we get. I’m very tolerant to a lot of stuff but this to me is just unacceptable and intolerable to put up with;the manager on duty seemed not to care I called one day for tissue and didn’t never get it until the next day when I called again. I was willing to purchase a timeshare here because I had a pleasant stay here in May and as much as I visit Myrtle Beach, SC I thought it would be idea for me and my family to stay but after this vacation I am appalled at this treatment and the horrific living conditions.

Room Tip: I stayed in 216204 which was a partial view of the water park and ocean. Room leaked whenever it rai...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank ArmyWife2014PM
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Each and every unit is cleaned from top to bottom by our Housekeeping team before our guests occupy it. This includes changing the sheets. If they were indeed dirty, then this is not to our standard. However, we are glad that we were able to bring you fresh sheets right away.
Regarding the housekeeping, we are a timeshare resort and, as such, we offer a mid week light cleaning for guests who are staying a week.
Regarding the leak, our guests' comfort is a priority. It is at the manager's discretion what is to be done to address a situation. We do our very best to make sure things are right. We encourage you to call our customer service so that they may investigate this matter.

David

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the bestttt place I ever stayed at. Very clean and very fancy. We stayed in the new building on the 14th floor and the views was amazing. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Staff are very nice and help you with everything. Bought tickets their for the aquarium and it was actually cheaper then online and going to it and buying them.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your response. We take pleasure in providing a fantastic stay to all of our guests. We’re delighted that you would recommend us to everyone. It is great to know that you enjoyed our rooms and our staff helped you with everything. Thank you for choosing Westgate Resorts and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed in a room with a corner ocean view, easily visible from balcony. Reserved a 1 bedroom but upgraded to a unit with an extra lockoff bedroom. Used the in room jacuzzi which worked fine. Resort is conveniently situated, excellent accommodations, plenty of parking, friendly, helpful staff. It was quiet week. Did not use many of the amenities apart from the Fitness Centre which was under equipped (sufficient treadmills and exercise bikes) but leg press machine was broken. No free weights and poor selection of upper body machines. Restaurant on site but did not use it. In room wifi worked well. Unit was well appointed; in room washer/dryer was a bonus. No complaints apart from Fitness Centre.

Room Tip: We were there off peak when greater room selection is available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex R

We value and appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our rooms and room amenities. It is great to here that our staff was helpful. We take all of our guest’s feedback into consideration as we are always looking for ways to exceed their expectations. We hope to see you again!