“Second time was great.”

Ranked #69 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
wooster,ohio
“Second time was great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

There are alot of people who I know don't care for the Westgate Resorts but, my experience was just the oppisite.
When all of this government stuff started we had planned to go down to Myrtle Beach but, then everything in Washington started wrong and we didn't know wheather to go or stay home. We had already made our reservations and it wasn't throught the Company that I most generally went through thought I would try a new one will, it was no where like the other one was and if we would have cancelled we would not have gotten our money back so we went knowing that the hard earned money was being held hostage so we didn't want to lose so we went. We were expecting to get the same room we had two years prior to this year but, we were very surprised to learn from all the trouble we went through we were upgraded to a much better room so everything turned out better than we expected and it was nice. But remember never try a new company until you check them out first, then make your reservations.
Anyways to make a long story short our trip down there turned out to be very nice. The room we got was a much larger room and the bed was so comfortable that we hated to leave when we did.and the people were very nice and understanding about what we went through when they found out.
TripAdvisor is the best thing to go by because when they say a place is good they know what they are talking about, these other places check them out before you take their word because they just want to get you into that place without asking what it is like before you go..

Room Tip: The floor we were on was the 6th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. We're glad that you found your bed comfortable and our staff nice. We hope you also enjoyed our ideal location right on the ocean and close to everything. It's our wish to have another chance to exceed your expectations!

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Westgate. I noticed part of the property was older but I was fortunate to stay in the tall newer tower. I was really expecting there to be sales people chasing me around but that was not the case at all. The room was wonderful and I really enjoyed the experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.......just request the tall tower.

Room Tip: The pull out bed was not real comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We really love that you had a wonderful time and were able to stay in the towers. We appreciate that you would recommend us to family and friends. It's our hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Ariel
chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. I thought the staff was very friendly and accomodating for the most part. The hotel looks a little run down. We have stayed at different Westgate properties so we were a little diappointed compared to the other ones we have stayed at. We chose Westgate because of our previous stays at other Westgate properties. The pools were nice. The wi-fi was terrible. Most of the ice machines did not work. Had to walk down to the lobby. We had a view of the City and then we switched to the oceanview the last night. Overall it wasn't a bad stay. I would try other more updated properties when I return to Myrtle Beach in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary! In behalf of our staff I would like to thank you for staying with us during such an occasion. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us. We would look forward to welcoming you back to the resort and providing you with a spectacular Myrtle Beach vacation.
Lucía
West Dundee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Loved the beach, the room was beautifully decorated, the ocean view was nice and we loved sleeping with the sliding glass door open and listening to the ocean. The pool, lazy river and waterpark were nice. They had a bar outside which we didn't visit because we do not drink, but it looked like a nice place to have a drink if you would like one.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to know that you had a wonderful time at Westgate Myrtle Beach. We hope to provide you with another lovely vacation in the future. Ariel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ok, my husband and I stayed here with our two small dogs from September 1-9 and our overall stay was great. First off, I'll get to the things that we didn't like. About 10 minutes after our arrival and unloading our luggage, we had a knock on our door.. We answered it and there were 2 men, hotel maintenance workers, that said they had an order to fix a broken mirror complaint. We said we had no idea of any broken mirrors, as we had just arrived and allowed them to come in and check like they asked. They walked through, saw that nothing was broken and apologized and left. That was just a little weird to us but not really a big deal. Then a few hours later, we receive a phone call from the front office saying that they would be up shortly to begin our "tour" (time share), we stated that we did not have a tour and they said "oh, wrong room, sorry!". That wasn't so bad either but then we again received ANOTHER call later asking us if we'd been "informed about their promotion of a tour and get a discount from our stay..." Blah blah blah...we told them that I (only being 23, was told that I "did not qualify") and we were not interested. The next day, our 2nd day there, we received yet again another phone call, we did not answer because we were getting very annoyed, but the voicemail was the front office telling us about the "daily activities" they had going on. After that we just unplugged both phones and left it at that, by that point we were pretty annoyed to keep getting phone calls on our "relaxing vacation"! They left voicemails every day we were there for that days "resort activities" which we did not ask for. Second complaint would be that we did not get our room cleaned when we were supposed to. There was a flyer in the room that stated that the weekly villa rentals were only cleaned on certain days (which was totally fine with us). It said if you arrive on a Monday then your room would be cleaned on that Thursday & so forth, well come Thursday, we never got our room cleaned....we went out, thinking that they wanted the room to be vacant while they cleaned. We came back that evening and still nothing. So, we were patient and understanding. On Friday we did the same thing and yet again, came back to an untouched room. So, I called housekeeping and asked why our room had been skipped and they said "oh, it's not time for yours to be cleaned yet" and I said "well according to the paper I have, it was supposed to have been done yesterday!" He asked when we checked in and said "oh yes, you're correct, we'll send someone ! So we waited ....after calling twice, they finally sent housekeeping to clean our room (most of which we had kept up ourselves, we just wanted new towels and trash bags and a vacuum.) They said that We were skipped because the "do not disturb" sign was on our door (which it was not). The housekeeping ladies were very polite and didn't take long at all. Now, all that being said, we're usually very easily pleased and don't try to just pick at silly little things over nothing. Those things were things that simply annoyed us but definitely nothing that "ruined our vacation"! We were there to have fun and we certainly did! We are more familiar with the North Ocean Blvd part of town and didn't really like the business/ more cars/ more people around the hotel but it wasn't terrible, just we like quieter. Those things would most certainly not stop us from returning in the future! Ok, the good things (because there were soooo many!) :
We were nervous that the pictures were gonna be a lie or they were gonna stick us in one of those "nasty and roach infested rooms" we seen on soooo many of the reviews (because we definitely read them for months!!). When we walked in our room, it was AWESOME ! Just as the photos
and more ! We stayed in the "'pet friendly' one bedroom deluxe ocean view villa" and we absolutely positively LOVED every bit of it ! It was gorgeous, clean, had a jacuzzi, walk in shower with a rain shower head, double sinks, beautiful full kitchen, pretty nice side view of the ocean, just great all around! The breakfast buffet was VERY pricey but we were on a budget and brought our own, hence the full kitchen. the kitchen utensils and such were efficient for the two of us. The bed was firm but comfortable. The jacuzzi was great but one night it started spitting out what looked like leaves and black specs so we bought some clorox spray and that helped, we notified maintenance but he was clueless and referred us to housekeeping. The value we got for this room was even better because we purchased it 4 months in advance BUT we had to pay up front the full amount and none of it was refundable for any reason (unless like death of you or an immediate family member, mom, dad). We were very leery of that but that's the only way we could afford it and get to take our dogs. It was the "advanced purchase rate" and
we paid like $80 a night for our room (before "taxes and fees"). Anyways, all in all, we really really loved it, and would most definitely return, even with the small annoyances. It was right on the beach, the pools looked very nice and clean but we never used them, they had a decent exercise room that we never used either, the staff overall were all relatively pretty nice but we avoided them at all costs because we did not want to give them the chance for a timeshare sales pitch, the doggie potty area was alright but nothing too great just the lawn in front of the resort right off the road (which my dog didn't like all the noise but it served its purpose). The parking was ok, sorta crowded and if it was full you had to park across the street but that wasn't a big deal to us, there were security patrolling each night to make sure it was strictly resort parking and they were nice. We loved it very much and were a bit spoiled when we left and didn't have those great amenities at home. We would recommend to others with precautions of the timeshare and we would definitely return again! As long as you're in the TOWER, you have nothing to worry about. All the bad reviews I saw seemed to be from the old "remodeled" hotel part which I wouldn't want to stay in. Hope this helps! Happy hunting & God bless !

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for your thorough review about your stay here at the Westgate Myrtle Beach Resort. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us. Though we appreciate how you boasted our state of the art amenities, beautiful ocean views and convenient location, we also noticed you detailed some concerns. We appreciate your doing so because that is the best way for us to learn of the areas we are successful in and also the areas we need to work on. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered and will work diligently in improving our services. We strive to provide the highest quality of services to our guests’ and owners and nothing less. We would like for you to give us another chance to not only meet, but exceed all your expectations next time around. On behalf of the entire Westgate family, we wish you a safe upcoming holiday season.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We check in pay a 30 resort fee the hotel is not like the pictures. Its off season and they give me a room that's looking a a dumpster. Nice TV but messed up picture no microwave broken refrigerator. Hardly any wifi I was better off staying at a lower hotel and on off season they charge you more just to see the ocean they hustle you to whole time to do a timeshare tour I would rather had stayed at the Dayton house hotel as I did last year they atleast make your stay a good one westgate only is worried about making the stay of their timeshare holders happy all the vending machines were broken just a horrible experience for my vacation and they say there is an indoor pool its a lie and its was raining while I stayed I say I need some tooth paste they tell me I have to come get it I come get it and the Houseman Guy is at the front desk laughing and talking to the front desk girl just horrible experience

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank destinyuffee
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. We are a 5 Star Resort in one of the most sought out areas in the southeast. We take great pride in our beautiful on-site amenities and train our staff to give first-class customer service to all guests’ and owners. We apologize that your experiences did not reflect our service standards. We do hope that you will visit once again, so next time we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

North Charleston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location was clean and conveniently located near the beach and several restaurants. I received exceptional service from Alex, Nyteli, and Trevor. They truly treated me like a valued customer and went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that my needs were met and that I enjoyed my stay at the Westgate.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a room facing the ocean. The view is excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Westgate Myrtle Beach Resort. We are so happy that you had a great time. All of our staff is there to make you feel comfortable and we strive for our staff to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy our resort amenities. We truly look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future!