“Always Nice to Stay at Westgate!!”

Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #74 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were able to make the trip down again and I have to take a minute to say thank you to the great people at Westgate Myrtle Beach. First, we did wait a little too long to make our reservations since we were unsure of our plans, but they made us feel welcome and were able to make it happen. The new hotel rooms were very nice and we loved all the new furniture and flat screen TV. The new granite in the bathroom is a very nice touch. The rooms were spotless and pools were great! Love what they did with the pool bar, very fancy! Thanks all we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great time! We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the pool bar and room amenities. We would be honored if you would come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I were approached about Westgate while vacationing in Vegas last year- we sat down with them but with no intention to buy and I specified that..but they were persistent i must admit. We use Marriott villas exclusively for our vacation travels but was asked to give them a chance as an "owner" with an incredible deal. We agreed and again I specified "no high pressure sales while visiting as i am clearly NOT interested in buying but may possibly stay with this brand if the Marriott properties are not available when I need (im a procrastinator sometimes :) Westgate reps agreed to my request "once you arrive just let the FD agents know yoy are not interested. Upon arrival i had no idea what to expect...NONE! Have only stayed with Marriott. We werent greeted by valet or Concierge....so maybe i was asking too much. I reached the Westgate Owner line to check in and it was a very smooth process and when my reservation was being pulled up another agent stated I ensured you got your request of 2 double beds in the 2nd room, we stayed in the new tower on the 7th floor 2 bedroom 2 baths. Our suite was very nice! Our balcony was beachfront and my daughters room was partial beachfront. The suite was clean and we didnt need to ask for anything except how to accurately plug into their internet which included a long walk to the Front Desk. That was resolved. May I recommend to all of you to bring your beach towels...towels are a hot commodity here and sre very hard to come by!!! My only complaint. Second - obtaining an umbrella and chair complimentary as an "owner" was brutal. On our 3rd day and the nice gentleman from Concierge personally walked me to the correct area. After that ..we were set...that is ...until the high pressure sales calls started in our suite. I was very agitated as a result and I expressed my dismay with Tyree...not happy! He said if I didnt meet with him and sign off as "decline" i could run the risk of being double charged. I said "oh no" i dont think so. He however was very pleasant after i calmed down. I said you guys lost a guest as a result of not following thru with my request. The newer tower is very nice. AMENITIES are not what i am typically accustomed for it being a "resort". Pools are small and as well as the arcade but the location of the property is ideal in my opinion for the kids. For the most part i thoroughly enjoyed my stay until the high pressure sales tactics put a damper.

1  Thank cjbclb99

Thank you for your honest and fair feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms. As an appreciated guest we value your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience experienced at the resort due to our sales team. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. We would highly suggest staying with us again so we can exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Some friends and I did a mid-August, early week get away. We had a beachside sixth floor room. For an older hotel, it was very nice. The common areas were kept relatively clean, which can be a challenge for a beachside hotel. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the sheets were crisp and white. We had a little fridge, which froze our veggie snacks but kept the beer and wine icy cold.....a cost I was willing to pay! :).

The pool area was nice, a little worn looking but well kept. There was a cool pool area for kids to play as well. The lazy river was ok....the water was super warm, but it was nice to just float ad relax.

I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our resort amenities and clean rooms. We definitely strive to provide the best amenities and having lots of fun things for our guests to do. Thanks for trusting us with your vacation; we hope we will be on your mind next time you are in town!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights on the 17th floor. The room was nice but the overall building wasn't too great. As part of our discounted price we agreed to the 90 minute tour. This tour ended up close to 4 hours. Our six year old was a real trooper. The sales lady was frshe iendly until we didn't want to buy. She got a manager to sign us out. He was perhaps the most rude manager I've had the displeasure of meeting. He belittled me multiple times in front if nh family and also the others in the room. After we finally got "signed out" they sent yet another closer to try to sell a regular package. This totally ruined our vacation and then some. So terrible.

3  Thank ramey36

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apology if a member of our staff was less than courteous- this is not our standard. We appreciate your comments, as it helps us identify areas in which we can improve. We hope that the experience that you had with these particular team members will not keep you from staying with us again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This trip was a graduation gift/trip for our daughter and for our neice.
This location was recommended by a timeshare holder, clearly they put you in a separate building for renters!
The staff was unprofessional, their artire, their appearence, their customer service.
I witnessed orange juice carried in an uncovered bucket through the lobby as it spilled over the top on the carpet. I was greeted with a "what's up" at the service desk - I had to correct the young man and then ask for his supervisor.
Our room which was just cleaned was NOT actually cleaned and I again asked for a supervisor and requested to be now be moved to an ocean front room - which they did. The room they moved us to - the bathroom had mold, dead water bugs on the terrace.
My daughter was in the game room playing a video game when a group of kids walked over and took her iPhone (graduation gift) which was places next to her. I called for security and to my surprise there wasn't any!!! I had the police called in. Themanager on duty was hesitant to give me her name once I said I was calling the corporate office about how unproefessional the establishment was.
They had the nerve to try and entice us to purchase timeshare
property - I would NEVER!!!
This was truly a nightmare!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Traina-Santos

Thank you for your feedback. Allow us to apologize for any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. The experience that you have shared in your review falls far below our standard of service. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It's definitely not 5 star as advertised, but more of a 3.5. We stayed for 7 days and 6 nights and housekeeping came once. Our room was nice and clean, but the smell in all the hallways is horrible. You can tell the building is older and even in the new building it's still not 5 star. The pools are smaller. Leann or Lynn at the front desk was very rude when we checked in, overall the staff was pretty nice and friendly. The parking is horrible and no free internet it's 10 dollars a day. It is in a good location and the view was good. We even saw a lot of cock roaches on the balcony at night but they never made it in the room - Thank God. The vending machines are very overpriced $2.75 for a 16 ounce pop and $1.75 for a regular size candy bar. Will I visit again, probably not.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SHALANDA G

Thank you for your review. Thank you for letting us know what we are exceling in and some areas that need work. Our guests are always number one, and your responses make us want to work even harder to provide an exceptional experience for you. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok this was suppose to be a family vacation my sister had planned and she is a TS holder... Well we get there and check in and no upgrade like they had promised... So we take the oceanfront room and they said check back in the am.. Well when we got up the next morning my daughter went to take shower and mold was all over ceiling in the bathroom... She called the front desk and the lady told her they could come spray a chemical and paint the ceiling that we would have to stay out of the room most of the day??.. Well that wasn't going to happen, so she got the hotel manger and he came up to see and talk with her and little did he know she was a timeshare holder .. Well after about 2 hrs of nail bitting and pissed off we were moved to a suite with a kitchenette... And again nothing available in tower?? So we carried on the day and had a wonderful time ... The next morning we woke up to bugs crawling on the walls and to a closer look they were cockroaches !!! Again we called front desk and lady said they were common at the beach due to the ocean??? Really lady!! So they had a guy come spray our room and they started to come out more and would not move us at all.. But in all we had a fun family time and will never come back to this westgate resort... Well not to much of a resort...

• Stayed: August 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. All of our guests’ comments are appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide out guests with the quality vacation experience. We hope you will stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to not just meet but exceed your expectations.