“Kudos to Westgate Myrtle!”

Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #69 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Canton, Georgia
“Kudos to Westgate Myrtle!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We loved our stay! Right across from the amusement park, and beside parasailing! My 9 year old grandson got to make a memory with me (his 60 yr old Granma). Him an I went parasailing for the first time for each of us. what a memory to tell his kids one day! Our room had a magnificient view of the ocean from the 16th floor! Very roomy and great beds, as usual for Westgate! ....Only negative thing I can think of is, they need a multi-level parking area. Not enough parking spaces were available. And, very tight spaces. Everything else was superb!

Room Tip: Loved the high-up view - Simply breath-taking! You'll want to stay on the balcony any time you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PandoraandKit F
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are proud to offer you accommodations and service that you felt were “superb!.” Guest satisfaction is our top priority so we are pleased to read your kind words. We take pride in providing our owners and guest with everything they need to create memorable vacation experiences. We are looking forward to exceeding your expectations again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

First off LOCATION,LOCATION, LOCATION. This hotel is beautifully set right on the beach, an ocean view is a must, unless you want to get stuck of a view of the parking lot.... It is conveniently located only 1 block away from the 2nd ave pier, and 8 blocks (15-20minute walk) from the boardwalk. I stayed for 3 days, and never had to use my car because I was able to conveniently walk anywhere I needed to. Lobby is nice, staff is was great, only problem I had was when I initially checked in, I was given a VIP parking pass and was able to park in the hotel lot, and was told that once my friend arrived that he can come get the same pass for his car. Unfortunately when my friend did arrive, there was a shift change and the promise was not honored. My room was on the 5th floor, the hallways were a little outdated, but nothing that was too bad! The room was fair and not nearly outdated as the hallways but was by no means the nicest room I have stayed in! Then again I was only in the hotel to sleep and shower only, theres far too much to do in Myrtle to be cooped up in a hotel room! Its a pretty cheap hotel for the area and the time I visited, both bike week and october fest were in session. I will definitely book my future vacations in myrtle beach at the Westgate!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aptl0608
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are so glad that you will "will definitely book my future vacations in myrtle beach at the Westgate!" Our resort is located near all the popular Myrtle Beach attractions making us the ideal place for a family Myrtle Beach vacation. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and we are honored that you would recommend our resort. We are looking forward to you coming back next year!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is clean and well kept. The staff is courteous (Trevor & Cory). Everyone makes you feel at home. The view of the ocean and the location of the hotel is perfect. All the attractions are close by. The staff try to make everything comfortable for you and make you feel at home. Nothing negative to say about the hotel! I will stay in a Westgate hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lunalove199
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Best regards,
Ariel
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

beautiful area but do not book here, I booked through time share and later found out the pictures were of the far future of modern buildings not the slum buildings still standing We had a very small 1 bed room so small our luggage would not fit. they allow doges, our unit reeks of dander and the people next to us had dogs that barked all day. The walls are paper thin you can here every word they say. We asked to be moved, they said they were full. Full in Oct. I dont think so. Every one was nice and agreed our room was bad, we ended up leaving a few days early and stayed at a good resort.Oh ya, we attended the high preasure timeshare sales pitch and when we told them we would never consider a run down slum he lower the price 4 times each time we said not even if it was free would we ever stay here again,,

Room Tip: look at the room first, pictures are false, in about 10 years they might look this nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blair l
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We have discussed your comments with our staff and management to ensure that they do not occur again. If you would like to discuss your stay, you are more than welcome to call the resort and speak to a member of management. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a great. Trevor (front desk night supervisor) was awesome at check in. Since we have never stayed in the Tower we showed us up to our room and were to park. Joe Baxter the front desk manager gave us a later than late check out since it was my anniversary weekend with my husband. The rooms was great, housekeeping did a outstanding job on the room as well as restocking out towels and tidying up the room. All the staff here was pleasant and welcoming. We just didn't want to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie H
Thank you for your review of Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority so we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you "didn't want to leave"! Our staff works very hard to make sure that our guests are enjoying their stay so we appreciate your kind words in describing them as “outstanding” and Trevor and Joe, made such a positive impression. We are excited that you will be back soon and we look forward to exceeding your expectations again!
Mt. Gilead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

My stay in the hotel with oceanfront view was wonderful. I truly love this place because of the great staff and location. Having been here before I can say without question some negative reviews on here are not telling the truth or are exaggerating for reason.
There is nothing management won't do to make your stay here fantastic. Any problem or need I had ever had has been handled quickly and efficiently. The General Manager, (Chris) is clearly passionate about great service and I have seen and heard the respect his staff has for him. Now I know why the service is so incredible. He hires really nice people and sets the standards through his example. I want to share my own observations. I was sitting in the lobby when four young men walked in, each carrying a military back pack. A man came out of nowhere and welcomed each of them home with a handshake and a big smile. He turned to the desk clerk and said please make sure these young men are well taken care of. He thanked them for their service and told them to call him if there was anything they needed.
After I asked who that was and the clerk told me it was the GM. She told me that was normal for him and that he is very passionate about great service. I was impressed and now I know the rest of the story.
I will most certainly return and I love the new renovations in the lobby and dining room. Thanks again to the entire staff and management for making me feel special and for caring about our troops.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Claire D
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments. We greatly appreciate your recognition of the Westgate Myrtle Beach General Manager (Chris). Guest satisfaction is our top priority. Chris and his entire staff work hard to this end everyday. They take pride in providing our owners and guests with everything they need to create memorable vacation experiences. Thank you for choosing the Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront location to create those memories. We would like to say, " The pleasure was ours!" See you soon.
Albany, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Once we were put in a room that didn't have roaches, our time there was good and pleasant! The staff was apologetic and immediately assigned us a better room. They shared with us that this time of the year you may see roaches.

Room Tip: Share with the Check In Desk you want to check out the room before committing to it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We again must apologize that you encountered this challenge and for any inconvenience it may have caused. We find solace that our staff was able to "immediately" assign you to another room. Thank you once again for your review. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.