Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #74 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I would stay again I really enjoyed myself me and my husband the view was awesome

• Stayed: February 2012
FrontOfficeManager92, Front Office Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for writing and reviewing our property so favorably. We appreciate that you and your husband both thought that the view was awesome. We do have many different room types and views at our property and we are very glad that you found one to your liking. Please come back and see us again sometime soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I booked my reservation through Hotwire.com and was more than pleased with the result! We stayed in what they call a "standard" condo and it was far more than standard. In addition to a full kitchen, living room, king-size bed and ocean view, the condo had two flatscreen TVs and all the supplies that could possibly be needed in the kitchen and bath. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was fantastic! The only negative (which was minor) was the charge for wireless internet access. My stay was so short (two nights) and I had my iPhone, so I opted to skip the internet service and survived. I felt very comfortable at the Westgate and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the standard condo.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank fermatakid
WGMB, General Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you for letting us know that you were pleased with your stay with us. We appreciate it when people like yourself take the time to let us know we did a great job. I will share your comments with the staff, and we all thank you for recommending Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I REALLY want to thank everyone for the reviews.. I will be going to Myrtle Beach Next month, And u all have really helped me.. SOunds like the New ones are the ones I need to be in! And judging by the pix the older ones need ALOT of work.. I will for sure be taking pix,and doing a review.. Happy travels all ;-)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tima1

Great! We look forward to serving you and no matter the choice in unit type, whether it is for a short stay in an oceanfront or amusement park view, or a Grand 1,2,3, or 4 bedroom condo, if you need anything during your stay "Consider it Done"!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Although we booked on Priceline we were given a lovely suite with a view of the beach.Since it is off season and Myrtle Beach is very quiet, I assume we got this upgraded room because the hotel was pretty empty - but still it was very nice and we didn't even ask for the upgrade. the suite had a nice sized kitchenette/living room at the entrance to the suite and then a bedroom with a small balcony overlooking the ocean (and King Family Waterpark which was closed, so very quiet) and a nice sized washroom with large walk-in shower. The furniture was very attractive, the king-sized bed was super comfortable, although the sofa bed in the living room was not at all comfortable. The kitchen had a full sized stainless steel fridge, dishwasher and micro. The kitchen was outfitted with every possible convenience (except an oven - but who wants to cook a turkey while on vacation) including dishwashing detergent, dishes, cutlery, pots, etc.

The suite appears to have been recently painted and everything was very clean. This is more like a condo, so housekeeping is only done every 4 or 5 days - this suited us fine. They will empty trash any time you request it - although they have no recycling at all, which is very disappointing. My only complaint regarding the room was the poor water pressure in the shower (in addition to the already mentioned uncomfortable couch).

Front desk service was very pleasant. But I was quite disappointed in the performance of the concierge. I asked for suggestions for reasonably priced golf courses in the area and he advised me to buy a paper(they don't provide them free as in many other hotels/resorts). This town is supposed to be the centre of the golf universe, so a decent concierge should have some suggestions about golf - and if he doesn't have an answer, should tell the guest that he will find out and have an answer in a little while. I just felt like he was giving me the brush-off

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank APTorontoguy

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you felt that it was very well decorated, and appreciated the granite counter tops, stainless appliances, the rainfall shower head, and the sleep quality of the bed.

I have taken notice of the Concierge performance and that we did not live up to our standards during your stay and have brought them to the attention of the Guest Service Manager. I am deeply sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations and provide the service we are known for. There is no excuse, but I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may better serve you in this regard in the future.

Again, thank you so much for the high marks and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay for someone you really don't like book them at the Westgate. They will get the service and experience they deserve! The staff is incompetent and the facilities are old and gross. They were not even an 1/8 full and my wife and I asked if we could be moved to a king size room and they said yes for a fee more than what we paid. Unbelievable! We called down and asked for a late check out and they said okay no problem. We went down stairs and when we came back we were locked out of our room!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank givenlove

Thank you for taking the time to give us your input. We appreciate the high marks on location. Your comments regarding service have been addressed with the front desk and we have taken corrective action. This is very unfortunate as this is by no means normal. Thank you again for letting us know how we may better serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront in June of 2011. We felt that the room was beautiful had a wonderful view of the ocean as well as a wonderful view of the main road and looking out West over the area. We were accross the street from the amuzement park and also a waterpark. The vendors that would take you out parasailing and riding behind a skidoo were also right there by the resort. The ocean was very warm when we were there and we also enjoyed all the pools at the resort. The resorts employees were great and very helpful in explaining places to go and see and things to do. It was the greatest vacation we ever had. We want to go back and take all of our adult children and grandchildren or even just the two of us again.
Thank you for the wonderful stay!
Karen Mason Salt Lake City, Utah

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower and it was amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kmason521
WGMB, General Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Hearing we helped provide such an incredible vacation for you and that is the best you ever had is quite a compliment, and we appreciate your taking the time to share that with us. It is our pleasure, and we thank you!

It's nice to hear that you loved the view from the Ocean View side. A lot of people talk about the Ocean Front view, but I agree with you, I think the Ocean View side is my favorite. From your private balcony at night the Oean View units provide a great view of the Ocean during the day, and a spectacular view of the coastline and the city lights at night. People who enjoy their balcony at night with the moon light an cool ocean breeze, and have told me they also perfer having this view at night.

I will let the employees know you thought they were great and that you appreciated how helpful they are. They will be glad to hear that you will be returning with you entire family and we look forward to serving you all very soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Westgate Resort. We love this resort. In the winter time, when it is cold , we alway try to come to Myrtle Beach Westgate Resort for a week-end get-away. We love getting a One Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Ville room. If it is all about being alone with that someone special, this is the Resort for you. We love the King size bed and the whirlpool tub in the master bedroom. No one could ask for a better Resort than this one. Overall rating this Resort, always gets . . .EXCELLENT.

Room Tip: One Bedrooms or Two Bedroom Deluxe with Whirlpool Tubs in the room. Oceanfront or Ocean View Room...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WoodyandDonnaBreeden

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved getting a One Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Villa.

What a nice compliment to say "No one could ask for a better Resort than this one. Overall rating this Resort, always gets . . .EXCELLENT".

Sounds like you really know how to take advantage of a weekend getaway, and we are so pleased that we were able to help make your vacation a positive and memorable experience. We can't wait to welcome you back once soon!