“Going Next Month”

Ranked #72 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Virginia
“Going Next Month”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I REALLY want to thank everyone for the reviews.. I will be going to Myrtle Beach Next month, And u all have really helped me.. SOunds like the New ones are the ones I need to be in! And judging by the pix the older ones need ALOT of work.. I will for sure be taking pix,and doing a review.. Happy travels all ;-)

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tima1
WGMB, General Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Great! We look forward to serving you and no matter the choice in unit type, whether it is for a short stay in an oceanfront or amusement park view, or a Grand 1,2,3, or 4 bedroom condo, if you need anything during your stay "Consider it Done"!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Toronto
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Although we booked on Priceline we were given a lovely suite with a view of the beach.Since it is off season and Myrtle Beach is very quiet, I assume we got this upgraded room because the hotel was pretty empty - but still it was very nice and we didn't even ask for the upgrade. the suite had a nice sized kitchenette/living room at the entrance to the suite and then a bedroom with a small balcony overlooking the ocean (and King Family Waterpark which was closed, so very quiet) and a nice sized washroom with large walk-in shower. The furniture was very attractive, the king-sized bed was super comfortable, although the sofa bed in the living room was not at all comfortable. The kitchen had a full sized stainless steel fridge, dishwasher and micro. The kitchen was outfitted with every possible convenience (except an oven - but who wants to cook a turkey while on vacation) including dishwashing detergent, dishes, cutlery, pots, etc.

The suite appears to have been recently painted and everything was very clean. This is more like a condo, so housekeeping is only done every 4 or 5 days - this suited us fine. They will empty trash any time you request it - although they have no recycling at all, which is very disappointing. My only complaint regarding the room was the poor water pressure in the shower (in addition to the already mentioned uncomfortable couch).

Front desk service was very pleasant. But I was quite disappointed in the performance of the concierge. I asked for suggestions for reasonably priced golf courses in the area and he advised me to buy a paper(they don't provide them free as in many other hotels/resorts). This town is supposed to be the centre of the golf universe, so a decent concierge should have some suggestions about golf - and if he doesn't have an answer, should tell the guest that he will find out and have an answer in a little while. I just felt like he was giving me the brush-off

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank APTorontoguy
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you felt that it was very well decorated, and appreciated the granite counter tops, stainless appliances, the rainfall shower head, and the sleep quality of the bed.

I have taken notice of the Concierge performance and that we did not live up to our standards during your stay and have brought them to the attention of the Guest Service Manager. I am deeply sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations and provide the service we are known for. There is no excuse, but I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may better serve you in this regard in the future.

Again, thank you so much for the high marks and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Roanoke Rapids, NC
Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay for someone you really don't like book them at the Westgate. They will get the service and experience they deserve! The staff is incompetent and the facilities are old and gross. They were not even an 1/8 full and my wife and I asked if we could be moved to a king size room and they said yes for a fee more than what we paid. Unbelievable! We called down and asked for a late check out and they said okay no problem. We went down stairs and when we came back we were locked out of our room!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
7 Thank givenlove
Thank you for taking the time to give us your input. We appreciate the high marks on location. Your comments regarding service have been addressed with the front desk and we have taken corrective action. This is very unfortunate as this is by no means normal. Thank you again for letting us know how we may better serve you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront in June of 2011. We felt that the room was beautiful had a wonderful view of the ocean as well as a wonderful view of the main road and looking out West over the area. We were accross the street from the amuzement park and also a waterpark. The vendors that would take you out parasailing and riding behind a skidoo were also right there by the resort. The ocean was very warm when we were there and we also enjoyed all the pools at the resort. The resorts employees were great and very helpful in explaining places to go and see and things to do. It was the greatest vacation we ever had. We want to go back and take all of our adult children and grandchildren or even just the two of us again.
Thank you for the wonderful stay!
Karen Mason Salt Lake City, Utah

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower and it was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kmason521
WGMB, General Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Hearing we helped provide such an incredible vacation for you and that is the best you ever had is quite a compliment, and we appreciate your taking the time to share that with us. It is our pleasure, and we thank you!

It's nice to hear that you loved the view from the Ocean View side. A lot of people talk about the Ocean Front view, but I agree with you, I think the Ocean View side is my favorite. From your private balcony at night the Oean View units provide a great view of the Ocean during the day, and a spectacular view of the coastline and the city lights at night. People who enjoy their balcony at night with the moon light an cool ocean breeze, and have told me they also perfer having this view at night.

I will let the employees know you thought they were great and that you appreciated how helpful they are. They will be glad to hear that you will be returning with you entire family and we look forward to serving you all very soon.

Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Westgate Resort. We love this resort. In the winter time, when it is cold , we alway try to come to Myrtle Beach Westgate Resort for a week-end get-away. We love getting a One Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Ville room. If it is all about being alone with that someone special, this is the Resort for you. We love the King size bed and the whirlpool tub in the master bedroom. No one could ask for a better Resort than this one. Overall rating this Resort, always gets . . .EXCELLENT.

Room Tip: One Bedrooms or Two Bedroom Deluxe with Whirlpool Tubs in the room. Oceanfront or Ocean View Room...
3 Thank WoodyandDonnaBreeden
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved getting a One Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Villa.

What a nice compliment to say "No one could ask for a better Resort than this one. Overall rating this Resort, always gets . . .EXCELLENT".

Sounds like you really know how to take advantage of a weekend getaway, and we are so pleased that we were able to help make your vacation a positive and memorable experience. We can't wait to welcome you back once soon!

Lithonia, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My hubby and I were happy to find out that we were staying in the new building of Westgate. It was in a festive location, ocean side view, across from an amusement park. The weather was actually warm on Jan 22, but on the 23rd, it took a cold turn, but then my birthday is always chilly, so I'm used to that. We arrived late at night and the Desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating to my husband's questions. Normally when I have gone to Westgate we get the bellhop service, but at 1-2am, don't look for that folks.

This being our second time in Myrtle Beach, we were excited to hear the ocean waves slapping and we had a one bedroom balcony view where we could see the canal, the amusement park and the beach. Our apartment was small and very tastefully done. New corian countertops, stainless steel appliances, double shower and a roomy bath. The cabinets were fully stocked. Our bedroom was tiny, but had the wonderful white duck pillows and nice comforter set with the Westgate emblem on the pillow, nice touch. The room was clean and of course I was happy.

There was a 10.00 per night charge for the internet and seeing as I'm in school(fun right?) I always have to drag the lap top with me on these little trips. I think that is still cheaper than going the phone company route... If you log in at 3pm, this will last til 3pm the next day. I think that's reasonable.

My only grudge was that there was an ironing table? This is an itty bitty little 2 foot lightweight ironing board styled thingy that sits on something firm... I tried it on the dinette table and it slid off the table as soon as I sat the iron on there...um... maybe the bed? So yes, it stayed on the bed, but I still could barely figure out where to plug it, what angle to lay it on the bed, and finally: iron. (Thank goodness the hubby left the room and didn't witness my shenanigans with the ironing.)

There was room service available and for once the prices were Myrtle Beach Cheap...just like I liked them. Of course we were there to go outside and not stay indoors so we went to explore the town with 1700 restaurants and try that. There was a vending machine with snacks on the floor too. The food always helps.

My only other very slight concern is that we could have used a TV guide...something to tell us what is coming on those cable channels we are not familiar with...

Oh and I had messages waiting for me when I arrived... A nice surprise that someone already knows how to reach you on your getaway... It was old messages for the activities the previous weeks, as soon as I cleared it, a new message appeared... I took a guess that no one was really trying to reach me personally...

Overall, we slept great, no interruptions and truly liked the fact that we were felt kind of special being we were the only people in Myrtle Beach. You get all warm and tingly inside because...it's too cold to be that way outside.

2 Thank laritaraine
FrontOfficeManager92, Front Office Manager at Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our resort and your honest review. We are always happy that individuals pick us to celebrate special occasions with us. Our rooms are equipped with TV cable guides on all remotes and a standup guide over the TV. Thank you for bringing to our attention that we may need to check all rooms to ensure that it is available in the room for the next guest. We do have an activities department that will leave messages on the phones for each guest and hope in the future that you take advantage of these activities that are targeted for vacationers of all ages.

Once again, thank you for writing a very descriptive review of our property and we wish you to return very soon in the future.
Hubert, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We cannot say enough about our weekend stay at Westgate. My husband and I brought our 3 grandchildren ages 12,13,13 boys for the weekend of Jan 20th thru 22nd 2012. The weather not so good but the motel made up for that. The rooms were outstanding the pools/spa was readily available till late at nite and heated. The staff were wonderfulllllll. The view well what can say ocean front. wow... The staff was the best we have ever encountered. The restaurant had great staff and the food was just as good. The bartender at nite Lhoussain was very knowledgable and very friendly he made our two evenings more enjoyable. I could go on and on but just to tie it up the entire place is great and can't wait to get back to the resort.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bridget H
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the property. We understand that you do have many choices at the beach and we are very happy that you decided to stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our heated pool and hot tub at the property. The staff is very appreciative that they were mentioned as being the best you have ever encountered, especially Lhoussain. We are very happy that he made your two nights here at the property enjoyable. We are also happy that you commented that our food was good.

We cannot wait to welcome you back in the future.