Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Howell, New Jersey
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I traveled to Myrtle Beach for a friends wedding in April 2010. I went down with 3 friends on a Wednesday and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights (before staying at the Hilton for 2 nights because that's where the wedding was).

If you are looking for happy hour / nightlife in Myrtle Beach, this hotel is in the perfect place. You can walk across the street and through a parking lot right to Broadway at the Beach. If you've never been to Myrtle Beach, this is THE place to be down there. Lots of restaurants, shops, nightclubs, etc.

The room was about what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. It did the job. Also, the beach is about a 7 minute drive from the hotel. I highly recommend it to people who are traveling to Myrtle Beach and looking for nightlife.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pickerington, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We arrived in Myrtle Beach a day early for our condo rental and decided to stay at Holiday Inn Express @ Broadway at the Beach for the night until we were able to check in to our condo the following day. I'm not sure when this hotel was built, butit looks sparkling clean and brand new. We checked in quickly and found the staff at the front desk to be extremely friendly. When we opened the door to the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean looking and clean smelling. The decor was very up-to-date and comfortable.We got up the next morning and enjoyed the free breakfast. The breakfast manager was so friendly and attentive. We checked out easily at the end of our stay. This hotel is within walking distance to Broadway at the Beach and a short drive to the public access beach. This would be a great hotel for anyone coming to the beach for a short stay and who does not mind a short drive to get there. You can't beat the location for access to great dining and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Would I return to this location? Yes. I found the staff--in all aspects--initial phone calls, negotiations, requests, and interaction with clientele all above average. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Bathrooms struck me as average considering a recently completed renovation. This location is within walking distance of Broadway. The breakfast each morning was average, but appropriate for a free amenity. I placed a higher value on this venue's customer service and willingness to accommodate clientele.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Angus2000
PA
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed there May 9th, 10th and 11th with our chihuahua dog. The room was clean and the staff was dog friendly which is not generally the norm. The free breakfast was very good. Hot food hot and cold food cold and different each morning.
My only gripe would be the evening staff was slow and unorganized and seemed 'new'. If she had more experiance I think checking in would have gone smoother instead of 45 min. I loved the pond out back and the walkway. There was a fountian and places to sit and think. Very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank savoury_sumo
atlanta, ga
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Newly renovated in Modern decor . Great location. Across from Broadway at the beach.
Great deal for the budget traveler!

Free breakfast!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This express is not bad, but it is not up to any other one I have stayed at. Nothing stands out. We stayed here because it's very close to Broadway at the beach. Because of the standards, we will try the Hampton Inn next, which is on the Broadway property.

• Stayed May 2010
COLUMBIA
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express and am a Gold member of their club. I generally find these hotels to be both reasonably priced and well taken care of.

This one was an exception to this rule. First off, they did not have my reservation in the system. After giving them the confirmation number, they told me someone cancelled it. Since I had only reserved it a day prior, I was sure that I did not cancel it. They did have a room available so I took it.

The hotel is going under remodeling but I am not sure if I stayed in a remodeled room or an old room. The carpet was new and the bed was fine but it was an old style hotel room in all other ways. The TV was big and old, the sink was outside the bathroom, the bathroom only contained the toiled and a tub/shower and was pretty tight.

There was something else going on at the hotel so it was pretty noisy up till 10pm. The soundproofing was not very good but I was glad the group got quieter by 10pm.

The breakfast buffet was adequate. The attendent acted like she did not want to be there but I did not need anything so this was not a problem, just an observation.

The location is close to Broadway at the Beach but not very near the beach.
In my opinion, Holiday Inn needs to sell this property as I am not sure it can be updated enough to meet their standards.

Lots of other hotels in the area. I would advise you to choose one.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business