Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway at the Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
$70
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$65
$54
Travelocity
$185
$157
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streetbreakfast staffyogurtthe entire hotelbroadwayhousekeepermyrtle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Would I return to this location? Yes. I found the staff--in all aspects--initial phone calls, negotiations, requests, and interaction with clientele all above average. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Bathrooms struck me as average considering a recently completed renovation. This location is within walking distance of Broadway. The breakfast each morning was average, but appropriate for a free amenity. I placed a higher value on this venue's customer service and willingness to accommodate clientele.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Angus2000
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed there May 9th, 10th and 11th with our chihuahua dog. The room was clean and the staff was dog friendly which is not generally the norm. The free breakfast was very good. Hot food hot and cold food cold and different each morning.
My only gripe would be the evening staff was slow and unorganized and seemed 'new'. If she had more experiance I think checking in would have gone smoother instead of 45 min. I loved the pond out back and the walkway. There was a fountian and places to sit and think. Very nice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank savoury_sumo
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Newly renovated in Modern decor . Great location. Across from Broadway at the beach.
Great deal for the budget traveler!

Free breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This express is not bad, but it is not up to any other one I have stayed at. Nothing stands out. We stayed here because it's very close to Broadway at the beach. Because of the standards, we will try the Hampton Inn next, which is on the Broadway property.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express and am a Gold member of their club. I generally find these hotels to be both reasonably priced and well taken care of.

This one was an exception to this rule. First off, they did not have my reservation in the system. After giving them the confirmation number, they told me someone cancelled it. Since I had only reserved it a day prior, I was sure that I did not cancel it. They did have a room available so I took it.

The hotel is going under remodeling but I am not sure if I stayed in a remodeled room or an old room. The carpet was new and the bed was fine but it was an old style hotel room in all other ways. The TV was big and old, the sink was outside the bathroom, the bathroom only contained the toiled and a tub/shower and was pretty tight.

There was something else going on at the hotel so it was pretty noisy up till 10pm. The soundproofing was not very good but I was glad the group got quieter by 10pm.

The breakfast buffet was adequate. The attendent acted like she did not want to be there but I did not need anything so this was not a problem, just an observation.

The location is close to Broadway at the Beach but not very near the beach.
In my opinion, Holiday Inn needs to sell this property as I am not sure it can be updated enough to meet their standards.

Lots of other hotels in the area. I would advise you to choose one.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business