Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Definetely”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great price. If you are looking for tranquility away from the beach, this is the perfect location. However, if you want to be on the beach, this hotel is not for you. Otherwise, I really love this hotel because I came here to relax and get away. I did go to the beach twice and pay only $6 for packing at the beach all day deal. Once I was finish enjoying the beach, I went back to the tranquility of the hotel. There is a beautiful man-made lake right behind the hotel that offer a great view. There is also, a gym and an outdoor pool.

• Stayed September 2013
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Mimi T,
I am delighted to read of your great stay with us recently. Your high marks on overall rooms, cleanliness, and value are indications that we are doing the right things for our guests. You also rated us highly in the areas of service and location. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. I will share this with every department so they know they are doing well. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon the next time you are in Myrtle Beach and the the Broadway at the Beach area.
Best regards,
James H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nashville Ga
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stay frequently at Holiday Inn Express's,
I would NOT stay with this one again , The staff was very nice and helpful but the hotel itself was TIRED to say the least. The carpets need a deep cleaning BADLY!
The room was clean it just was worn down. The air conditioner in our room made it feel moist. NOT what I have come to expect from Holiday Inn.
I Understand just a few years ago all the HI's and had a billion $ renovation to all their establishments , I believe they missed this one. :( Sadly as if they would fix these problems I imagine because of the location they would be booked solid.
It is convenient to the beach with out the beach traffic but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Stacy H,
I am sorry that our property was not up to your expectations during your recent stay with us. It pleases me that the location and our staff were highlights of your stay. I have passed your concerns along to our head of maintenance, and we are addressing your issues with the carpeting throughout the hotel. I appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will consider our hotel in the future.
Best regards,
James H.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rude manager. Old carpet. Terrible odor. Did not get maid service. Unauthorized charges on my card. No offer of upgrade being a platinum elite member. Plumbing in bathroom was terrible. A/C was loud and barely kept the room cool. Nothing good about my stay except location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jazzie1967,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your comments. We are very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant stay with us. The items that you meationed regarding the cleaniness, the quality of the room and the rude behavior from one of the staff members will addressed immediately. Again, we regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a few days at Bristol TN for the races we arrived at Holiday Inn Express,we were greeted withe a smile and a small bag with snacks and bottled water .Resting for a few minutes we walked to broadway at the beach,very close and convenient.The hotel is close to many attractions in Myrtle Beach and within about a mile or so from the beach.The hotel is older and is not five star by any means ,the rooms were clean but the carpets throughout the hotel need to be replaced.The only problem we encountered was at 2 am when the occupants in the next room sounded like they were having a loud party.We called the front desk and the problem was resolved immediately.We would stay here again and would recommend to others this hotel .

Dear Choc33,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It is something we take great pride in, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

New York, NY
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My family of four stayed here for an overnight before our weeklong stay in nearby Surfside Beach and were pretty pleased with it. The room was nice and modern with comfy beds and plenty of pillows. My kids loved the pool and enjoyed a decent variety of food during breakfast. The proximity to Broadway at the Beach is great and there is so much to do and see there.
A few negatives---the fitness center is pretty weak (just a few cardio machines, no weights) AND, the hallway carpeting has seen better days.
All in all though, I'd return to this hotel if I had a choice in this area

• Stayed September 2013
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Jennaand Rob,
Than you for your review about your stay. I am very happy to see that we met your expectations and you and your family had a wonderful long weekend. I agree the pool, our breakfast and most of all our location is great. We thank you for your comment because they only make us better. Than you again for staying with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Even though this hotel is not on the beach, it's location is great for entertainment. It's right across from Broadway on the Beach where there are endless food choices, bars, and kids activities.
Location and Service were great but the room/bathroom were not at the highest levels of cleanliness.
Overall, it was ok considering price and location.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear DianaR345,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We are happy to see that you were pleased about the location of the hotel. We feel the same that we are in a great location with having Broadway at the Beach so close. I am however very sorry that we fell short in the quality of the bathroom area. We do take the feedback very serious, we feel these comments only make us bettter so that your next stay is even better than the last. Than you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Solon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

August 3, 2013 Family reunion event. Hotel was close to the Broadwalk with lots of activities including Bars, Show and was a great location for our family reunion. Although I was not able to the rate granted most of my family members( I was late booking), I loved the ambiance of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the overall quality of the facility. Beach was a drive, but worth it. The hotel provided what I expected in a tourist area and would repeat.

Room Tip: Hotel really not located in a scenic area. Truly a commercial location, would advise getting a room...