“Great Location for Entertainment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach

Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #95 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great Location for Entertainment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Even though this hotel is not on the beach, it's location is great for entertainment. It's right across from Broadway on the Beach where there are endless food choices, bars, and kids activities.
Location and Service were great but the room/bathroom were not at the highest levels of cleanliness.
Overall, it was ok considering price and location.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear DianaR345,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. We are happy to see that you were pleased about the location of the hotel. We feel the same that we are in a great location with having Broadway at the Beach so close. I am however very sorry that we fell short in the quality of the bathroom area. We do take the feedback very serious, we feel these comments only make us bettter so that your next stay is even better than the last. Than you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Tricia J.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Solon, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

August 3, 2013 Family reunion event. Hotel was close to the Broadwalk with lots of activities including Bars, Show and was a great location for our family reunion. Although I was not able to the rate granted most of my family members( I was late booking), I loved the ambiance of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the overall quality of the facility. Beach was a drive, but worth it. The hotel provided what I expected in a tourist area and would repeat.

Room Tip: Hotel really not located in a scenic area. Truly a commercial location, would advise getting a room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lloyd C.
Thank you for your review about your stay and your family reunion. I am very happy to see that we met your expectations from the staff to the quality of the hotel. We strive to make each of our guest feel welcome and at home. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will share your comments with the staff.
Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The only positive things I'm able to mention about this hotel are the free parking and free Wi-Fi; everything else was very unsatisfactory. I'm sure this hotel is very adequate for many travellers, however for us, it was a nightmare.

Externally, the hotel looks great. With the water nearby, the large carpark and some creative lighting, you could easily mistake it for something more upper-class. The location is nothing special, being next to a main road and a fair way from the beach and Ocean Drive. The hotel attempts to pass itself off as clean with 'modern décor', but realistically, once you get past the lobby, everything looks very dated. The rooms do have all the comforts that you would expect and the photos and 360 display on the IHG website are a good representation, however they don't show off the old elevators, the thin dirty carpet, the concrete and styrofoam ceiling, the rusted door hinges or the dirty shower drains.

Being a budget 'express' hotel near a main road, I wasn't expecting much, but once we got into the room, things only got worst for us. We were allocated a ground floor king room. Whilst I worked on my laptop, my partner decided to take a nap. After 30 minutes, she got up and stated that her back was hurting and asked if there was anything on it. The exact area of her back that had been in contact with the bed was now red with numerous small bites all over it. This has never happened to her before and she was fine before we arrived.

We immediately notified the manager that we believed there was some form of infestation in our bed and requested a different room. The manager refused to admit that there could be anything in the bed and instead provided numerous excuses for how it could have happened. She did end up giving us a different room, however she stated there were no more 'king' rooms available so she downgraded us to a queen double and placed us on the second floor.

The rest of the stay was reasonably uneventful, except for the fact that we were unable to sleep due to a dog in an adjacent room that wouldn't stop barking. I believe that due to the hotel allowing pets in the rooms, that it was most likely fleas or some other sort of bug that we encountered in the first room.

The complimentary breakfast the following morning was nothing short of disgusting. I couldn't take more than one bite of the hot food without feeling sick. Even the 'orange juice' machine was dispensing an orange fruit drink concentrate that was horrible. When speaking with the manager later on and I mentioned that the food tasted mass produced and nothing was fresh, she stated that this was correct as everything is delivered frozen and re-heated.

After mentioning our concerns to the day manager regarding the bed in our original room, she stated that they would follow their protocols and have the room inspected by a professional and if anything adverse was found, that I would be notified and refunded. Needless to say I have received no communication and no refund.

Being an IHG Gold Elite Ambassador, I have received top quality service from a range of other hotels in the IHG family, however this one left me wanting. I have nothing against this hotel and I'm sure it is adequate for many people, however our experience was less than thrilling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Bizstice
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Broadway at the Beach. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you and your family. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better,

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last week. The hotel is near to broadwalk, but anyways you have to drive so does not matter if it is 1 mile or 5 miles. The beach is 1 mile away from here too.

The hotel is very old, first the room I was given was having a very bad stinky smell and you just cannot stand in the room. So the folks have to move me to a different room. There the refrigerator was making squeaking whistle all day/night, so have to bear that. On top of the the toilet got stuck 2 times (not once..) and there were no maintenance folks in the building or available to fix it either. So the best they could do is to provide you a plunger.. and you can guess the rest what I need to do to have a nice room.

At 2 times, the key won't work. Probably by mistake, they checked us out a day earlier itself, so the housekeeping lady also did not showed up till 4 PM. So we had to call front desk to get the room clean.

The breakfast is ok types, typical list of HI Express items, but everywhere you can see the quality was poor. And whatever you ask to refill (like butter, cream etc) from the breakfast managing lady, she have same answer .. 'we ran out of it'.

So the overall experience of this hotel is very poor, I would recommend to better stay at beach itself, or go further couple of miles away(if price is a constraint) to find a better serving hotel.

Btw, I have spent about 100 nights in last 1 year in Holiday Inn at various places.

Room Tip: other than this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ManishMittal2012
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
ManishMittal2012,
I see that there were several issues during your recent stay with us. I am personally sorry to hear that we could not make your stay at our hotel a memorable experience. I do hope that you will continue to frequent the Holiday Inn Express and IHG hotels.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel had one working computer as reported weeks earlier. The air conditioner could not keep the room at a decent temperature. I read other reviews about the terrible a/c units. When I reported it they said it would be reported to maintenance. The location is amazing! Fix the things and you would have a much higher review.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Carrie K
Carrie K,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not address your issues to your satisfaction. I see that you gave us high marks for service, cleanliness, and location. We do make every attempt to fix things as they happen, whether in the common areas or the guest rooms. I do hope that you will give our property another opportunity to cater to you on your next outing to the Broadway area.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently took a trip to Myrtle Beach for my birthday, and it was my very first trip in years. After finding this hotel online, I had no idea what to expect, but I have to sat that is hotel was perfect and was in a great location, convenient to everything. The rooms were clean and I loved the view of the pond. The front desk staff was very friendly; especially Ms. Deborah, she was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely stay here again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MsSam2013,
Thank you for giving our hotel top marks across the board! I am always glad when a guest takes the time to point out when a specific member of our staff makes a special occasion all the brighter for someone. I will pass this along to Deborah. I am also proud that you found our rooms clean, as well as close to everything that Broadway at the Beach has to offer. All of us look forward to seeing you again the next time you come up Highway 17.
See You Soon,
Maysville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed here many times for business and have always found the staff here to be quite courteous. Every room I have stayed in has been clean and comfortable and I have never had any issues with my stays. The hotels breakfast is not very good so if a good breakfast is important to you, you may want to eat somewhere else. The hotel is located directly across the street from Broadway at the Beach which I like to compare to Downtown Disney so it is in a fun neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank traveling_gnome62
travelling_gnome62,
I am so pleased that you have enjoyed several great stays with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive sentiments. I see that you gave us high scores in all areas, with top scores in cleanliness, location, and sleep quality. Thank you. I am disappointed that you found our offerings at breakfast lacking, and will give it another chance on your next stay with us when in the Myrtle Beach area.