Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Augusta, Georgia
“Out of date!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel had one working computer as reported weeks earlier. The air conditioner could not keep the room at a decent temperature. I read other reviews about the terrible a/c units. When I reported it they said it would be reported to maintenance. The location is amazing! Fix the things and you would have a much higher review.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Carrie K
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Carrie K,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not address your issues to your satisfaction. I see that you gave us high marks for service, cleanliness, and location. We do make every attempt to fix things as they happen, whether in the common areas or the guest rooms. I do hope that you will give our property another opportunity to cater to you on your next outing to the Broadway area.
James H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently took a trip to Myrtle Beach for my birthday, and it was my very first trip in years. After finding this hotel online, I had no idea what to expect, but I have to sat that is hotel was perfect and was in a great location, convenient to everything. The rooms were clean and I loved the view of the pond. The front desk staff was very friendly; especially Ms. Deborah, she was absolutely wonderful. I would definitely stay here again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MsSam2013,
Thank you for giving our hotel top marks across the board! I am always glad when a guest takes the time to point out when a specific member of our staff makes a special occasion all the brighter for someone. I will pass this along to Deborah. I am also proud that you found our rooms clean, as well as close to everything that Broadway at the Beach has to offer. All of us look forward to seeing you again the next time you come up Highway 17.
See You Soon,
Maysville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed here many times for business and have always found the staff here to be quite courteous. Every room I have stayed in has been clean and comfortable and I have never had any issues with my stays. The hotels breakfast is not very good so if a good breakfast is important to you, you may want to eat somewhere else. The hotel is located directly across the street from Broadway at the Beach which I like to compare to Downtown Disney so it is in a fun neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank traveling_gnome62
travelling_gnome62,
I am so pleased that you have enjoyed several great stays with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive sentiments. I see that you gave us high scores in all areas, with top scores in cleanliness, location, and sleep quality. Thank you. I am disappointed that you found our offerings at breakfast lacking, and will give it another chance on your next stay with us when in the Myrtle Beach area.
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Enjoyed the proximity to BB. Comfortable accommodation, nice staff & decent free breakfast. Might stay again, but would probably look to get on the Beach itself - since that's our primary thing down there.

Room Tip: No restaurant on location, but a zillion across the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bajoba,
Thank you for such kind words on our staff, cleanliness, location, sleep, and value. I am glad to let you know that we are perpetually updating our rooms, and look forward to you staying with us in the future while visiting Myrtle Beach to enjoy the Broadway at the Beach area. Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am a platinum holder with this hotel brand. I used points for a majority of my stay. My first interaction was when I checked in. The counter person stated, that will be x.xx amount per night. I stated that the nights were being used with points and that the last night should be charged. Then she looked and said, oh that's right. Requested a pack and play. First told that they had none, then found one. The floors and carpets are gross and disgusting. Elevator floors are really bad. Pool had a slim on top of the water. Room service below average, just done right poor. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jlwilso
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Jlwilso,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. We are very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasent stay with us. The items you meantioned regarding customer service will be addressed with our operations manager and the cleanliness and quality of the room will be addressed with our housekeeping staff. These issues are not acceptable and your feedback is greatly appreciated because we know it will only make us better. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future.
Kind Regards,
Tricia J.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were here for the weekend of the 4th. The location was great because it is right by Broadway @ the Beach. Plus it was only 1.5 miles from the coast. The actual lobby area looked newly renovated and kept nice and all of the personnel that we talked with were nice and helpful.

Our room needed a little help though. Specifically the bathroom/shower area. The door handle lock was complete broken. The hinges on the door were so rusty it squeaked every time you open or closed the door. The shower had a ton of rust spots or spots that looked like that in the tub area. The shower leaked A LOT, all over the floor! We thought it was us not holding the shower curtain closed. Even when we were keeping the shower curtain closed all the way, there was water all over the floor. There was mold growing on the tile where the water was standing. The lighting in the bathroom also needs to be updated. It was so dark when i would take a shower because the only light in there is the fan light.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rslindemer
ddjjbrock, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
rslindemer,
Thank you for the feedback. Our maintenance staff does its absolute best to address all maintenance concerns. I have passed yours along and we are taking action in all rooms to perform better in the future. Thank you again for your time.
James H.
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have staying at this hotel for the last 3 or 4 years, I like the location and the staff. The hotel is in need of a refit. The breakfast was good, the room was clean and good. One of the computers needs to be replaced and the printer has issues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank firebear1961
ddjjbrock, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
firebear1961,
Thank you for the high marks and positive feedback on our hotel. You will be glad to know that the computer and printer issues have been addressed and are now operating. We look forward to your future stays with us while you continue to enjoy Broadway at the Beach and the Myrtle Beach area.
James