“Do not stay here!”

Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Rooms are muggy and smell of mildew. Girls at front desk very unfriendly. Shower was awful, did not drain and no water pressure.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Lady4678

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This hotel was not worth $150 a night at all. The room smelled musky and the sheets were damp. The bathtub was clogged and just down right disgusting. The place is old and needs a renovation and until then they need to drop their prices. The beds were also full size - way too small for 2 people. I won't be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank babblinbrunett
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
During the summer season we experience humidity issues in our buildings. The heat and humidity combined with air conditioning does affect the comfort of the room. We have maintenance available 24 hours a day and are able to take care of issues such as the stopped up tub drain. Although we were renovated 18 months ago, we constantly work to update and upgrade our Hotel rooms and facilities. I am sorry that your stay with us over Labor Day was unsatisfactory.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Forney
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were here on July 15th for 3 nights. Holiday Club Vacations set this up to listen to their sales presentation. We were given a room with 2 beds instead of a king bed. This would have been fine except they were full and not queen. The place needs some serious updating. The breakfast was pretty good. Very crowded but we weren't bothered about noise in our room. If we were to go back to Myrtle Beach we wouldn't stay at this location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ForneyNan
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I loved the location, right across from Broadway @ the Beach. So attractions are within walking distance, as well as only a short distance from Ocean Drive to beachfront. However, downside was the room. It is in serious need of an upgrade. Carpet was very stained and beds were suspect. I could not get comfortable, always felt like something was crawling on me. I spent most of my time away from the room. Also, the smell of the place, just wasn't pleasant. Overall, it wasn't bad by most hotel standards, but compared to some newly remodeled Holiday Inns I've stayed at, this one is subpar. Would go back, only if they did some serious remodeling. Howver, to end on a positive note, their staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaxsonS_11
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your review, I appreciate your comments and use them to improve our hotel. The Hotel was remodeled in 2010. The carpet has been an issue in regards to spotting and currently we are cleaning our room carpets on a regular schedule to eliminate any cleanliness issues. Our hallway carpeting is being replaced and will be complete by July 25th. Our king mattresses were replaced during our remodel and our double rooms are scheduled for replacement in 2012. Thank you again for taking the time to review our Hotel and I hope you will visit us again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Do not stay here! The front desk person was rude and not helpful. For being a member of Priority Club, we were given a plastic bag with one small bottle of water and a small bag of goldfish even though two of us were checking in. The carpet in the hall had rips and multiple dark stains. The room was plain and also had stained carpeting. The beds were as hard as a rock. The a/c didn't cool properly and the room was humid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ssminfl
MYRSC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Our most important job is to treat all guests with respect and kindness; we believe in and practice southern hospitality. It appears from your comments that you feel we were not and for this I apologize. I would be very interested in knowing the circumstances that occurred at our Front Desk, this would enable me to counsel and train our staff in handling various guest situations. Our hallway carpeting is being replaced this Wednesday by the carpet manufacturer. The carpet is defective in both quality and installation. We clean our room carpeting whenever a soiled area is found, I have requested that our Executive Housekeeper personally inspect all rooms for soiled areas. I would not ask a guest to stay in an unclean room. If I knew your name I would offer my apologies in person, but as I have not been provided with this information, I am unable to do so.
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Do not stay here. It was horrible, the sink and drain were cloged up and they didnt want to come up there an fix it. The ice machine was broken. The floors were damp and horrible. The air conditioner never cooled the room. It smelt like smoke when we werent even near smoking areas. The toilet ran constantley. The staff was not nice at all they always had a smart remark and wouldnt do anything for you. And another thing the pool was dirty. Do not stay here y pay someone who doesnt care about your service. Oh one last thing when you took a shower the water would run all out into the bathroom floor. Dont waste your time or money here, go across the street

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Radfordrocks
Your comments indicate that you were completely disatisfied with your stay. Our Front Desk staff is trained and enpowered to provide our guests with the best of service and handle requests and problems. Were these problems reported to us and were we given an opportunity to fix these problems? We provide maintenance 24 hours a day and if we know about an AC problem , a toilet running, we can handle it immediately. Water running out of the shower does occur when the shower curtain is not inside the tub and closed completely. If this was not the issue I would appreciate knowing, so our Maintenance department would make the necessary repairs. We have ice machines on each floor and from time to time our guests will fill out coolers with ice and it takes some time for the ice machine to make new ice. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your complaints.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is the second time that my family and I stayed at this location. The first was last year July. The room then was VERY HUMID. Everything felt slightly damp and the air was heavy. This year June we returned and the SAME problem persisted. They do not have good air quality inside. To add insult to injury, I awoke to a bug crawling up my leg. My husband found a similar looking bug sucking the life out of his calf!!!! I'm not saying that they were bedbugs (i've never seen one in person) BUT they were bugs....in our beds. You figure it out! We were refunded for the night. We promptly checked out and had to find another hotel for the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank MrsDALH
MYRSC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ the Beach, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
I have been unable to locate a reservation under your name during the month of June. Perhaps the room was registered under another name. I would welcome the opportunity to answer your complaint, but without a name I cannot. Our procedure for this complaint is to move the guest, offer assistance and close the room down until our Pest Control Company examines the room and if there is evidence found, the room is treated. I have had no rooms closed down due to bugbites.

Donna Easler