“Enjoyable Stay”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #131 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Good hotel for the money. Nice, clean place to spend the night. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Good night's rest for tired travelers - mattress was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rakes3

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good Hotel fr the money. The breakfast had a lot to be desired, but overall a good hotel for the price.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Ricanranger
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed April 11, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
jderossc439, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel sits in a depressed area of Myrtle Beach that was once surrounded by an amusement park and outlet mall stores. Its heyday has long past. In its present condition, it should not be listed as a 3 star hotel.

The young lady at the front desk was not the least bit professional or welcoming when we checked in on Thursday afternoon. Her demeanor and appearance were an example of what we would encounter during our 2 night stay. The carpet in the hallways need to be professionally cleaned or replaced. Dust was piled against the hall walls. Our room was below par in comparison to other Choice Hotels where we've stayed. The sink didn't drain until my husband fixed it. The continental breakfast had minimal food selections. The indoor pool was closed for repair.

Our reason for being in Myrtle Beach required us to stay a 3rd night, unexpectedly. We chose to change hotels. Just down the street is a very nice Staybridge Suites! The Staybridge provides more value for your $$$.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arlatxtn
jderossc439, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. When these problems our brought to our attention, I would like to assure you that we address and take corrective action. I am sorry how the front desk greeted you. I can assure you that is not our normal and we pride ourselves on guest services.
As to the condition of the hall way carpet, it has been ordered and to be replaced, along with many other upgrades.
As to the complementary breakfast we have changed it drastically, featuring many new items along with many new hot items. We have changed from continental to full hot buffet included in our room rate.
I would like to personally speak with you, please call me at 843 236 1000
David Dozier

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Clarion hotel is sort of in a secluded area. Not much around as far as shopping or restaurants. The lobby area is beautiful but the good attributes stop there. There seems to be a huge problem with the housekeeping staff. Our first room had dirty sheets along with a dead ant or two in the bed. After complaining, we received a second room with dirty sheets again and a table that looked as if hadn't been wiped down since the hotel opened. Needless to say we requested and received a refund from Priceline. We ended up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn by Coastal Grand Mall. Clean hotel in a great area. Stay there and bypass this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Enjoi_Life
jderossc439, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

I would like to personally apologize for the cleanliness problems. We strive for a clean, comfortable hotel for our guest. We appreciate our guest letting us know when we have problems so that we can address them and correct the problem. I would like to discuss this with you personally. I can be reached at 843-236-1000.
We cannot control the other areas around us such as the mall across the street. But the good news is that the mall was purchased last month and they are now renovating and aggressively trying to put new shops in.

David Dozier

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach on business twice a year for the past 14 years, and just found this property. I've stayed at many of the Choice Hotel properties between the airport, and the convention center, as my company has a special rate plan with Choice Hotels, and the Clarion is flat out, the nicest, cleanest, and best value I've found. Over the past 12 years, I've stayed roughly 140-160 nights a year at Choice Hotels, and this property is truly in their top 10%. If I ever come here with my family, this is where we will stay. Go to their web site, and check out the pics. The hotel is off the beaten path just a little, but it's quiet. The staff is first class, I was a little nervous upon landing at the airport and calling the hotel for the shuttle, and learning they didn't have a driver to come pick me up, but the girl at the front desk told me to grab a cab, "There Were Plenty Waiting" and they would pay the fare once I got to the hotel, which they did. It actually worked out better, as I didn't have to wait for a ride! The hotel has 2 pools, and a great little bar with light food. The beer was ICE COLD! My room was fairly large, didn't have a flat screen, I don't watch much TV so I didn't really care, but it did have the upscale bedding, and thick comfortable mattress you normally find at the higher end hotels. The room had a large desk for business travelers, and at least on the 3rd floor, a very strong and fast internet connection. One other nice benefit, is directly next door to the hotel "2 min Walk" is the Boat Dock, a VERY popular restaurant/bar. I ate lunch there twice, and dinner once, and the food was great. It's a locals hang out, and I'm told during the summer, on Sunday nights it's the place to be.

Room Tip: I picked a king room, and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TodVogelsang
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed her for New Years Eve so we didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel except to sleep. The lobby is beautiful. Our room was clean but the room and the hallway could use some updating. Our beds were decent but when they say double bed it really isn't meant for 2 people. We were kind of tight in it. I wouldn't mind staying here again if only for 1 but not more then 2 nights. Anything longer and I would definitely stay somewhere else. This is also not the place to stay in the warmer weather.

It is not the place to stay if you want to be in the middle of everything or on the beach. We went down for New Years so it suited us fine to not be on or near the beach and because it is out of the way it was quiet for New Years and we were able to sleep when we got back to the room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family