“funnn!”

Happy Holiday Motel
Ranked #185 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2013

honestly this place is NOT as bad as the reviews make it out to be. indeed, there were a few noisy neighbors, but that is expected (and wasn't a bother since we were looking to party anyway :D) during Spring Break time AND considering it was central myrtle beach. it is only a few short minutes away from the boardwalk and the ocean. everything was clean, including the sheets, bathtub, and counter tops. furthermore, there is an actual refrigerator (freezer included) and a microwave, plus TVs with cable. and the parking lot is literally right there. my only complaints would be the fact that there are no elevators (but then again there are only four floors) and that you had to get a parking pass for each car you had with you. all in all, it's a great place to stay if you're looking to be right next to all the action, the beach, and if you need a place that allows 18+ to check in. we all had a great time, don't let the reviews fool you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank blackkatemoss

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I admitt at first I didnt want to stay here, but my boyfriend ensured me he had stayed before and never seen bugs, rats, etc. We booked our room on the way there, and when we arrived our room key was there waiting on us. We were put next to a group of partiers(would were later told to leave the property) (we are 18 and 19, but not in to the drinking and being loud scene), so the manager in the front relocated us without a fuss (shes very nice and let us choose our room after a small tour). No there isnt an elevator, breakfast bar, or ballet services, but I mean come on 60 dollars a nite and the ocean is literally 30-40 feet away (across the street). If your handicap the lower levels are accesible and very nice. The housekeeper has my respect 100% I left my cell phone/jewelry everywhere on the dressers and the counter where the sink is located (even my engagement ring which I had got from him the day we left), and nothing went missing!!! We had new towels and washclothes everytime we left the room. However this motel does have flaws for example, the TV was older and when we turned it on it would turn itself all the way up, but it didnt bother us because the only time we watched it was right before bed while we ate. I loved it here and actually we graduate this June and booked a room here! A kitchenette for a week $600.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovin-life7312
Reviewed December 4, 2012

now unless your picky and are going to stay in the hotel the entire time for senior week, happy holiday is it!! very friendly staff. beds and bathroom were clean. provides a great view of the beach, and is actually a few steps from there. i pretty much absolutely love the manager, because he is running his hotel like he needs to! real cool guy at that! me and my friends barely stayed inside the hotel at senior week, but like i said it was definitely a good stay. we will book again this year!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NatalieF2294
Reviewed September 2, 2012

In my decades of hotel/motel stays, including many overseas, I've got to say that this was the second dirtiest room I have ever stayed in, with the dirt primarily in the tile grout and on the walls. I might have given this place a zero rating but for two things: First, it is across the street from the ocean in the heart of Myrtle Beach - perfect for taking in the Boardwalk action, and Second, the bed was COMFORTABLE! (Go figure?!?) Oh, and the weekend day manager was pleasant and helpful, too. I will not be back, however.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Joe G
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Room had sheets on floor juice all over counter and trash can was full. I asked the lady if I could get a refund she said the manager would be back the next day and I would have to wait and when I told the manager she said I signed a paper of no refund but that's not the hotel room I requested I expected one with clean sheets on the bed and clean!!! Waist of money and poor customer service. They will take your money !!!!!!! I didn't even sleep in the hotel I had to sleep in my car that night because I used the last bit of my money on this sorry hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book here. It's disgusting
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Brandy G
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I traveled with my daughters to the beach...our whole day that saturday morning, was great...we had much fun at wild water and wheels...we decided to spend the night...all the better hotels were requesting to 2 night stay..well we needed 1 night...I was greatful to come to Happy Holiday after several searches, to see that they had 1 double bed available...we settled because we were exhausted.....my BIGGEST complaint was in room 405, the air condition unite did not work...I called down requesting a better room or for maintenance to come check it out....Maintenance never showed....we slept uncomfortable the whole night...we had to walk on the balcony just to get a breeze......and 3 days after the summer kicks in....you can imagine how hot we were.....I was totally DISGUSTED!!!

Room Tip: if you're offered room num 405....be sure to ask about the air.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie G
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My biggest complaint about this hotel is no elevator. I have knee problems and our room was on the 3rd floor. the stairs are a little steep and slippery when wet. The room was very clean but the bathroom is a little small. the bed was a little hard but i slept like a rock. The pool was clean other then a few bugs. The staff was very friendly and brought extra towels when we needed them. From the outside it doesnt look like much but inside its pretty decent. All in all, its not a bad hotel and i would stay again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family