La Quinta Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach at 48th Avenue
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pierceton, In
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Check in and check were smooth and fast. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. Myrtle Beach was packed due to a lot of activities going on and the hotel handled all the people with precision. Our room was ready and clean. One complaint we have is the bed wasn't the best. We had a saggy mattress and the sheets were "thread bare." It's close to the beach that you can walk to. It is dog friendly with no extra cost.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Inn for two nights and enjoyed every minute. The room was large, clean, and the beds were heaven sent. The bathroom was extra large and very clean. The carpet looked new and there was no pet odors in the room. That was my only worry but everything was nice and fresh. The only thing I noticed was on the second night, a dog barked every time we flushed our toilet but it was muffled so it was nothing to complain about. It was nice to have muffins, bagels, and waffles waiting downstairs in the morning. Thank you to the staff. John helped me look up information for future stays with LQ and didn't seem to mind chatting with me for a few minutes. We will be doing a lot of traveling in the next few months and we will definitely be staying with La Quinta again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Anderson, United States
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Good location; very nice staff; didn't eat breakfast-coffee from a machine that looked like it was instant (I didn't drink it) clean room; comfortable bed; always pet friendly, which is very important; bathroom vanity badly in need of updating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Checked in late Friday night to discover overnight that the toilet ran about every 5-10 minutes. Once I fell asleep, it wasn't a problem. At breakfast the next morning, I advised the front desk about the problem and they said it would be fixed. Upon arriving back to the room, it only took about 5 minutes to realize it was not fixed. Again Sun morning, I advised the front desk it was still not fixed. She apologized and said it will be taken care of. Once again, when we got back in our room that night, it took about 5 minutes to know it still wasn't fixed. So, Mon morning I let them know again. I was told that the regular maintenance man was there and it would be fixed. When I got back to my room, there was a note on top of the toilet saying, sorry for the inconvenience, we fixed the toilet. Well, it didn't run every 5-10 minutes anymore, just about every 1-2 hours. While checking out, I let them know about my dissatisfaction, and they again said sorry. Not sure about you, but I'd rather see that they were sorry by a discount or something than just saying it.

The room was also a little dirty, but you do get what you pay for, so I can live with that. The location is convenient to pretty much everything. I stayed at the same hotel last year and was pleased. If it wasn't for the running toilet, or the lack of them not doing something about it, I would have been pleased again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank scottmpd28
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Price good but my brothers room had a faulty toilet that took 3 days to get fixed they don't vacuum rooms or change bed sheets if you stay multiple nights which should be done everyday. At breakfast bagels and bread were stale. Staff is friendly.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends