“Going downhill, needs some renovations”

Days Inn Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand
Ranked #164 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We have stayed at this place numerous times. The first time we stayed there it was great, but each time I've stayed there it is going downhill. I am not one of these super picky people that expects everything to be perfect for a $39.99/night room, but this place could use some serious renovations. I'm an old redneck that can skin a deer then eat a bologna sandwich using the same knife, but c'mon now. This will most likely be my last stay. Specifically, our room was only cleaned once while we were there. The tub is filthy. Carpet and fixtures were nasty and filthy. If they could just do some simple upgrades, like new carpet and fresh paint it wouldn't be a bad place. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The night manager that lives there could not be a more helpful person. The place is also very quiet. But, pay a little more and you'll get a much better room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2009

The desk clerk was very helpful and courteous. Unfortunately the room we were assigned to was next to the pool entrance and had a one inch gap under the door, was not clean, and we were stared down by a shady character while walking to the room. Parking is free and plentiful, but mostly behind the building. "Beach access" refers to walking across the drag, through a parking lot and between two other hotels. We chose not to stay here, and we did get a refund which was very nice of management as we booked through Expedia at a "non refundable" rate.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The staff at the Days Inn was very nice BUT Shower drizzled water,bed was old warn out,room just looked and felt unclean,door to room looked like it had been kicked in,the wireless internet didn't work,we were told to use the hot tub next door. I called the corporate 1-800 number and let them know how I REALLY felt. We were able to get a full refund. We ended up at the Breakers Hotel Central Tower & it's everything we thought our 1st anniversary should be!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xBlueGirlx
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Nice pool, nice staff (very few staff) HORRIBLE room, bed was very hard, the bathroom was never cleaned, I found hair in the shower, the room smelled. The price we paid was okay but I would never in my life stay there again. When I travel I try to get a cheap hotel and I have never stayed in a place I hated as much as I hated this hotel. It was just so dirty, I even had a pillow with a dirt spot on it. I was very grossed out but this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We loved our stay here..the rooms were really clean. The staff was wonderful..couldn't have asked for a better place for the money!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband and two children stayed June 26th through 29th. Just a quick weekend getaway. For the price, the hotel is not bad. We booked the ocean front efficiency with 2 queen beds and 1 bath. We specifically wanted an efficiency for our 16 month old daughter and 7 year old son so we could keep drinks cold and snacks. When we opened the refrigerator door, the fridge wasn't on. It wasn't even plugged into the outlet. Apparently the maids had defrosted the fridge and had forgotten to empty the pan of water and plug it back up. Not that big of a deal. But when we looked for dishes...there were none! Not a plate, fork, pot, anything. How can you cook with no pots or pans? Okay, we'll eat out. The shower situation was another issue. The hot water was either hot hot or cold and it would suddenly get hot without warning. It was hard to adjust. And forget about taking a bath. The tub was nasty looking! We won't be going back there.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank howell4
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Overall this was a nice, adequate place to stay! Our room was clean, the beds, floors, and bathroom were all clean, and we enjoyed the mini fridge and microwave in the room. We had no problems with items not working, etc., and the staff were nice. The complimentary breakfast is good if you just want to grab something quickly (before 9:30 am) like a bagel, bowl of cereal, juice, etc. This hotel has an excellent location, very short walking distance to the ocean, and is located right on Ocean Boulevard where there are many other hotels, shops, and restaurants a short walk away. All other attractions are a short drive away, like I said-convenient location. My boyfriend and I stayed over spring break, there were a lot of college students at this and many other hotels in the area at that time, but there wasn't much of a problem with any noise. The pool and whirlpool looked clean (though a little small), we saw them clean the pool daily.There is not a whole lot of parking at this particular hotel, but we did not have a problem finding a spot. If you plan on spending most of your time at the ocean and area attractions and not much time in your room, this hotel will save you some money and give you a convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple