“Greast place at a reasonable price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gazebo Inn Ocean Front

Gazebo Inn Ocean Front
Ranked #53 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rowland, North Carolina
“Greast place at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Gazebo Inn in May. A very good deal for the price. Quiet and comfortable. Above all I was very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room and pool area. Cleaner and more comfortable than some of the larger big named resorts I've stayed at in Myrtle beach. The owner was very pleasant. This place is a small gem among the concrete giants. We'll be back for sure. C. Webb

1 Thank T W
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were pleased with the cleanliness of the motel. We are also glad you consider us a small gem among concrete giants. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again. Jane and Julia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I are in our late 20's/early 30's, and are relocating to the Myrtle Beach area in August and have been saving for a home, so we were looking for a very reasonable, centrally located place to stay. I found the Gazebo Inn through the TripAdvisor forums, and the rates were excellent (we stayed May 4-6 and took advantage of the off-season "we're back" discount on the Inn's website). I also liked the fact that the owners take the time to comment on every post, good or bad, on TripAdvisor.
First Impressions:
I did have a hard time reaching them via phone, and there is no online reservation system in place, but it was easily remedied by calling their sister hotel, Hurl Rock Motel (they were having an issue at Gazebo with their voice mail). Both hotels are run by the same family, and they are restoring both hotels to their former glory after repurchasing them a few years ago. Once they knew I was trying to reach them, they went above and beyond to call me pronto (within an hour) and book our room. We arrived late Friday night, and were greeted by Julie at the front desk. She was really helpful, recommending us a place to eat dinner (knowing we didn't want to do the "touristy" thing) and getting us the appropriate brochures for our interests and giving us the rundown of the hotel layout and room location. Yes, the elevator is a little musty, but you could literally hit the ocean with a rock. Humidity happens! It works - enough said.
The Room: we had a corner king balcony room on the second floor and it was *very clean.* The decor is what I'd call 70's country chic, with different wallpapers and designs, but that is part of the charm. The bed had a firm mattress but didn't cause any aches and pains. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower/tub had good pressure. The balcony was small but had enough room for two chairs and a small table and was about 30 feet from the ocean. We ate lunch out there comfortably one day. The air conditioner was running most of our stay but we need white noise so this was a plus for us. We didn't hear our neighbors at all. We didn't swim but overlooked the pool and it was really clean; there was direct beach access and an outdoor shower.
The area: couldn't' get any better. Right on Ocean Drive, close to everything. I agree that the motel next door needs to be torn down. We didn't have problems and we came and went a lot, but we didn't see too many people out on their balconies early and late (obviously if you are there as a tourist, this might become a hassle). I'll be steering all guests who want their own place to stay here, for the good service and to support local business. Thanks for the lovely stay, and Julie, we'll be back in June!

Room Tip: corner king balconies are quieter and more out of the way of stairways and the main corridor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank slimjimworldwide
Thank you for your review. We were in the process of changing our toll free carrier when you were trying to call us. We had a few problems but we were glad you called our other motel and we were able to book you a room. Thank you for supporting a mom and pop local business. We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again. Julia and Jane
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Let me start by saying I work in the hospitality industry and am very particular when it comes to my personal lodging choices. Like most everyone else, I also travel on a budget. This hotel is outstanding when it comes to the customer service, the rates, and the amenities. I have stayed here several times over the past couple years and every time my stays get better and better. The hotel has a perfect view of the ocean from either ocean front or ocean view rooms. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are spacious, the pool is clean and the hot tub is nice and piping hot! The maids are very accomodating and helpful when you need anything extra. I can honestly say that I would rather stay here than anywhere else on the beach! We will be back on Friday May 18th and look forward to our stay!

Thank you for your amazing southern hospitality!
Keisha Temple
Lexington NC

3 Thank berrysweetncgurl
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. Since you are in the hospititality industry, you know how much work it takes to offer a clean, efficient room. We have great employees and they try very hard to make each guest enjoy their stay. We thank you again and we look forward to seeing you this weekend. Jane and Julie
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday beach trip. The owners were both so nice and accomodating. Our room was clean, bathroom was clean, and beds were very comfy. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone who is looking for a cheap and clean place to stay. You really can't beat it for the price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kasey M
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. We try to offer a clean room for an economical price. We look forward to your next visit. Jane and Julia.
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a 'ma and pa' place. Small, almost hidden, and decent. Upon arrival, office staff wasn't friendly. First impressions go a long way. No 'hello' or 'how was your trip'. Several minutes of silence later and swiping my card, lady asked me 'have u stayed here before?' nope. First time. No more conversation. Our room was exactly what we expected. Layed out nicely, great view, and extremely clean. Kitchen was equipped for us. Fridge, coffeemaker, microwave and utensils. Although we did find a cheeto under the quilt? No big deal. Haha. Housekeeping was so nice! Although not having housekeeping come into your room is not an option here:you don't even get a doorknob hanger saying 'do not disturb'. But that was okay for us :) You are far away from all the excitement yet still close to most things. Elevator was slow, as most people have said on here, but it wasn't a problem for us. Overall, clean and small. Perfect for my husband and I. We most likely won't return but would recommend it to friends.

The biggest negative of this place:the motel next door. Unfortunately, we were placed on the side facing this horrible motel. Why we weren't placed on the opposite? My Husband would not allow me to go outside alone, day or night. You have permanent tenants at the beachwalk motel, facing the parking spots of gazebo inn. This place is in shams and is crawling with shady characters. A few cat calls, some unmentionable comments, and extremely long, lingering stares set our tone for this trip somewhat. It's sad, I know.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank ERtech0905
Thank you for your review. We try to be friendly at all times, especially at check in. I guess we were not friendly enough and we apologize for that. We were glad that you found the room nice and extremely clean and was "exactly what we expected." We are clean and economical but not cheap.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I loved staying here, you definatly can not judge hotels by the appearance. I was hesitant of staying here due to looks of outside, but was soon impressed simply as soon as I opened the room we rented.. I loved it, the price was welcoming and the room was above the standards I expected based on the rental charge. We listened to the ocean all night, we had our own balcony on the beach, pool was nice to look at, resturants were all around us. Very enjoyable, comfortable rest. Julie was very helpful.

2 Thank Tammy M
Thank you for your review. We try very hard to present our guests with a clean, comfortable room. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Julie and Jane
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed in July 2011 and will be back in july of 2012...nice rooms for an awesome price!!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Tina B
JulieAndDavid2, Owner at Gazebo Inn Ocean Front, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We try to have nice rooms for a nice price. We ollk forward to seeing you again this summer. Julie and Jane