“Our stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Frederick Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Frederick Motel
You added Frederick Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #198 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Our stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

My mother-in-law, best friend, her daughter, my son and I stayed at the "Hotel Fredrick" in Myrtle Beach, SC June 11- 14 2006. We were kinda scared due to the things on this web-site that we read (after we had made our reservations), but upon our arrival we found clean rooms, clean pool, and friendly management. We requested extra towels a couple of times and were given above and beyond the amount that we needed without any remarks from the staff/management. I have stayed at this motel for about 15 years now, off and on. I have not ever experienced the things that have been posted on this web-site. The staff and management have always been very nice and friendly to my family and me. I guess it all depends upon how you behave, and how you take it. I hate to hear that every stay is not as plesant as ours was and has always been.

• Stayed June 2006

Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2006

I stayed 2 nights and in two different rooms. Both were awful. Our bed actually had springs coming through the mattress. The rooms had an overall appearance of just being dirty. I would Never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

My friends and me needed a room to stay during the end of spring break. We got the room and left to get something to eat. We came back after 10PM. I went inside the room and it was bad. I check the restroom and there were no towels and face towels. I went downstairs to get some from the hotel manager. I got to the door and it was close. The sign say lock out fee $20 dollars and two different numbers to call. I called the first one but got the voice mail. Then I called the second and got the store manager. He was a complete jerk!! At first he wanted to charge me the lockout fee just for him to come out. But there should have towels in my room like any other hotels I would of went to. He blame it on the maid and hang the phone on me and I had to call him number 3 to 4 times. He answer will a loud and mad voice. He called me cazy and etc. Once I got him to calm down I told him I just want my deposit charge of $20 dollars. He said no and told me to leave the keys in the mailbox and the remote in the room. I did so and left. I was real mad. If there any way I can report this guy are his hotel would help me out.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gray Court, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

We stayed here for a weekend. The rates were really cheap and we were on a budget. Myrtle Beach is where my daughter had picked to go before she had heart suregery. So we went and stayed there. OMG was it awful. The air didn't work and it was HOT. The staff wanted to be mean about it and say it was cause we didn't know how to kool a room. They moved us and we were still misarable. We stayed hot and sticky the whole time. Didn't wanna give us our $ back or anything. That trip would have turned anyway from the beach ever again. Now I get online and do a serach and read beofre I get a room ANYWHERE!! Do NOT stay there!! RIP OFF!

• Stayed June 2003
2 Thank amanley29645
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2005

My family and I stayed 4 nights and decided we couldn't take it anymore. The floor was nasty, moldy and smelled awful. The bathroom was just as bad. The "kitchenette" was filthy. The bed me and my husband slept in was broken and sunk in the middle. The pool had styrofoam floating in it for 2 days, and finally when they cleaned it, my teenage son found glass on the bottom of the pool. I do not recommend this to anyone. We were afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet because it was so nasty. Please make different choice.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2004

The staff is very abusive if you have a problem. I went to another hotel and they kept my money.
Please do not let them keep yours.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2003

My Husband, daughter and I had made reservations at the Frederick Motel in May 2002 for 1 week in July 2002. My husband fell and tore his achilles tendon and had to have surgery on June 13, 2002. I called to inquire about a ground floor room or elevator. Neither was available. Told managment we need to cancel reservations. Was told we would get out deposit back minus 15.00 service fee. Weeks, went by no response. Called our attorney, he wrote a letter, still no response. Filed a report with BBB, no response. As of May 14, 2003, we have not received our money back.So if you have to cancell, BEWARE!