“The hotel was average. Rosa, the first night clerk was...”

Super 8 Myrtle Beach/Market Common Area
Ranked #151 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Marysville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel because we only planned on being in it for a few hours. We were pleasantly surprised on how clean and nice the room and lobby were. Breakfast area was up to standard. We will definitely stay here again when in SC. Rates were the cheapest in town.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jason W
Port Clinton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Better than expected room size and furnishings. Courteous and helpful staff. My only complaint, which has nothing to do with the hotel or staff was the construction on Rt 17 that added a few minutes to travel time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jimmy L
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Ok, we chose this hotel because it was so cheap, so I knew this hotel wasn't going to be something super fantastic. I was pretty prepared for something old, outdated, maybe a tad dingy but what we got was worse then any of that.
At first glance it was okay. But the moment we walked in and set our stuff down we saw a little roach.
We quickly killed it and moved on, hope I g it was an isolated incident. However When we came back that night, there were a couple more in the bathroom. The carpet was sticky, there was a used band aide stuck to the microwave, the shower hadn't really been cleaned (mildew and pink crap around the faucet and under the lip of the shower), the shower curtain had some mud or something on it. I mean I expect the rooms to at least be clean, but they were nasty!

Then there were doors slamming all night, and people yelling and talking out in the halls at all hours. It was literally like they were in our room. No sound proofing what so ever. I suppose I could have called front desk but the numbers to dial out to anyone had been ripped off the phone, and I wasn't about to walk around out there at 2 am.
The worst part was the prostitutes. 2 of them were in the elevator with me and my 10 year old son and she was clearly drunk (at 10 am) and dropped her beers all over the floor.
As we were leaving there were two others on our floor banging on all the doors drunk as can be.
Like I said, I didn't expect it to be the quality of a 5 star hotel, but you could at least encourage your staff to actually clean the rooms. Not just wipe them down.
There was construction going on too, but honestly that didn't bother me. The breakfast wasn't too bad. My son like the make your own waffles, as did I, however I'd like to see more choices, like sausage or eggs too. There was just cereal, waffles and packaged cinnamon rolls.
The only good thing about this place was the price (and maybe the breakfast) , but I'd gladly pay more to stay somewhere nicer and cleaner. When we return for the summer, we will not stay here.

Room Tip: One tip I have is really drive around. We found a hotel right on the beach that was. Ice and cheape...