“Dunes Village: The BEST Staff and MOST Fun of any Beach Resort!”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #9 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 20, 2010

The Deel family had a fabulous, relaxing, November vacation, one of the best that we have ever had. Our rooms, the view, the grounds, the food , the activities and most certainly the water park were all wonderful, but what made our trip so special, by far, was the outstanding staff at Dunes Village. From check-in to check-out we were taken care of with kindness, generosity and a smile. In the halls, around the pool, at the water park, such a fun and positive environment. At every turn we encountered individuals who went far above the call of duty. I'm a homeschooling mom, and unfortunately my husband was gone most of our week on business. That left me and the children at Dunes Village without a car, and wouldn't you know it, without my cell phone charger and also in need of a few groceries. Resort manager, Steve Jarvis, took the time to look for a charger for me, and he found one! The food and beverage manager, Mike, knew that we needed a few things, and he insisted on going to the grocery store for us. Every morning, at the wonderful breakfast buffet, my children and I were absolutely spoiled by Sean, who is an exceptional waiter and purpose. He was gracious, efficient, attentive, kind and patient with all of us, even when an entire glass of chocolate milk was spilled! All of our servers and hosts did a fine job, every meal was delicious, and our maid, Mary M., kept our room spotless and beautiful. She delighted all of us with her bathroom art work ... tissue gardenias, towels shaped into fans, shirts and ties and the crowning touch, majestic towel SWANS! Activities employee, Kayla, entertained my children. She and others called them by name, and acknowledged their putt putt accomplishments and works of art with enthusiasm. We all felt like we were with old friends. When I was a a child, my family vacationed at Dunes Village every summer for a week. We did this with 2 other families for nearly 10 years. I have so many happy memories of family and friends, of shuffle board and swimming, of the line of Palm trees and the beautiful pools, and of course of the all you can eat Monday night hot dogs and doughnuts. Now my children have special Dunes Village memories of their own, and they can't wait to go back! For that, I am truly thankful, and I know just how they feel. Needless to say, I think that Dunes Village has the best staff and the most fun of any Myrtle Beach resort. It's been that way for 3 generations now. My only suggestion would be to bring back the Monday night "All you can eat hot dogs and doughnuts" !! :D

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2010

Thank you for all of your compliments! It was our pleasure to help you guys enjoy your visit! I will be sure that all of your comments are shared with the staff here at Dunes Village Resort! We look forward to seeing you guys back for years to come!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,172)

Reviewed November 17, 2010

We love this place so much we have made it a November tradition.
This was our third time and it is always spectacular!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2010

Glad to be part of your tradition! See you next November!

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Sean makes breakfast worth getting up for, and you will need it for all the energy it takes to play, and play, and play in the water park! The beach is amazing, quiet and a wonderful place to play! If you have kids it is definitly one of the best places you will find (especially in the off season!) From check in to check out, we were blown away by our "new find!"

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

"Amazing" I could not have said it better myself. I will make sure Sean gets recognized for helping make your trip one to remember! We are all proud and excited to be your "new find!" Thank you on behalf of Dunes Village Staff!

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I cAnnot say enough good things about Dunes Village. The staff was great, food was good, and the waterpark was awesome. Before we pulled out of the parking love, my 3 yr old was crying, wanting to go back. I felt like the staff went out of there way to be helpful. I think this is a great vacation spot, for families with children.
The rooms were very spacious & clean.
My family is already planning at trip back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

We are very glad to hear that you and your family are already planning your trip back to Dunes Village Resort, continued patronage is the biggest compliment possible! We love to hear that our hard work in providing a great experience for all of our guests is being noticed! We will see you next time!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I love staying at this hotel! The suites are sooo worth every penny. Make sure you don't stay in a king angle suite, though. We made this mistake and the all face a hotel that is RIGHT next to the Dunes, so you get no real ocean view. You get a people on the balcony 20 feet away from you view. That is sometimes funny though :). The hotel seemed to get the complaint alot. We stayed there one night, and the next morning my hubby went to the front desk to see what could be done. They moved us to a new room with a beautiful unobstructed ocean view in a much nicer room. Wish I knew the floorplan title for that one! as usual try and get a room near the top floor,if you can. Much better views.
My husband and I travel with our son (2yrs) so we always like finding nice places that have two actual rooms in the suite. This does. We usually give our son the actual room and sleep in the Murphy beds with the balcony door open so we can hear the ocean. That way we can wash any clothes (i love unpacking from a trip with all clean clothes!) cook our dinner, watch tv and have that all important mommy/daddy time after he goes down early.
The best part of this place is you could stay a week and never leave the resort. They have kitchens that are well supplied with dishes and pans and a few places to eat. We tried a few things, and it was all pretty good. Nothing to mention specifically, but nothing to complain about either. The water parks were really fun. I can see some older kids (tweens and teens maybe?) getting over it fast, though. We went the very last week before the summer rates kicked in so it was still slightly chilly, but they have some heated pools i think because the water was warm.
I love the staff at this hotel, we have been a few times, and it is always top notch in customer service.
We happened upon this hotel, because my hubby installs the computer systems for the restaurants so he saw the kitchens were clean, too. Not all hotels in MB can live up to that. Seen with our own eyes.

One great reason to leave the hotel is the restaurant The Sea Captain's House. Great food and service and serveral, if not all nights, they have someone playing live music. A little pricey, but I normally don't eat seafood at all and I really like theirs.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Very Good! I'm very glad to hear we were able to help you get into a room with a view that you wanted! We really pride ourselves on our customer service and guest satisfaction! Sounds like your family really enjoys your visits with us at Dunes Village Resort and we appreciate your compliments after multiple experiences! Thanks again and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

we had a wonderful time, the resort is beautiful; toby was very informative & helpful!! mallori was very helpful & the whole staff were friendly

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2010

I am glad to hear about your experience with us, and i will pass on the compliments to the staff! Thank you for taking the time to share, and hopefully we will see you again soon at Dunes Village Resort!

Reviewed November 14, 2010

The staff is always willing to help and very courteous.
They give a 110%, making sure you are satisfied.
This is the main reason why we are always coming back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
stevejarvis, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Thank you! We value your continued patronage and very nice comments...Dunes Village Resort Staff takes great pride in guest satisfaction, and that Is what we are here for! Hope to see you back soon!