“Best stay ever at Myrtle Beach”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Everything was excellent, the service, the room was terrffic. The jacuzzi just set the perfect romantic setting. The room was just the right size. This was the perfect place to celebrate our 20th wedding annvi.. We will be visiting Dunes Resort again and again. We love it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 6, 2010

We went down to MB for the weekend and stayed at this fabulous resort! Our family had the best time! We have 3 children ranging in age from 3 months to 11 years old and we all had so much fun...The waterpark is awesome! It's great to have a place like this to visit during the winter where the kids can swim and play on the water slides. Their activities director Cari Garvey was such a pleasure, what a wonderful personality and genuine cheer that she brings with her to work everyday! Our room was clean, neat, and there was a fridge, microwave, and stove...we had a great ocean view with a balcony and the price was very reasonable! Breakfast at the hotel was lovely, the food was delicious and the service was the best...our server Sean Ross was excellent, if you go make sure to ask for him! We will definitely be back, thanks for a much needed getaway!

2  Thank AugSC01
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I live in Salisbury, NC and had to come down to the Myrtle Beach area on business. I went to another resort to stay and was so dissatisfied that within 1 hour I had called Dunes Resort to see about a room and checked out of the other place. This will be my 3rd year coming to stay at the Dunes (2010) with my mother. We make a vacation of it in October. The rooms are always clean and in order. The one thing that I like is the indoor water attractions. The lazy river is just great. The staff are always friendly to the customers and I will have the valet parking this year when we stay. I cannot think of anything that I do not like. If you have not tried the Dunes Resort, you need to go at least one time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This was my third stay in an Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Queen. I still like the Dunes Village, but it is an Oceanfront property, and they age quickly. On this trip, I worked several days so the internet was very important and it was much faster than previous stays for wired access and wireless is now available and it also worked very well. I did have some trouble with the wired internet later in my stay as the hotel became more crowded, I was unable to get an IP address.
On the negative side, my shower curtain smelled of mildew (in hindsight I should have requested a new one) and the maid service was erratic. After my stay, I completed an online survey and brought up these issues and Joe Angelino, the manager, responded immediately that they would take action to correct them.
One of the reasons I go is the water features, and they were still pretty good. The slides in the Palms tower need better seals so they don’t leak on the lazy river and they were not working one day. One of the hot tubs was also closed during most of my stay. I wish the water park staff would patrol the lazy river more, instead they focus on the slides. As the resort became more crowded for Christmas, the lazy river became wilder and less pleasant. And the problem wasn’t just wild children, many parents were also behaving poorly.
Overall I still like this hotel, the elevators work great, and the room are large and nice. The rising taxes in Myrtle Beach and the resort fees are a definite negative; I may start looking elsewhere for my Christmas Vacation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We just returned from a fabulous 5 night stay at Dunes Village. The hotel is beautiful, located north of the "touristy" section of the beach. Very quiet area, more residential, but still close to the attractions.

We booked a 1 bedroom oceanfront that was very spacious and clean. I loved the full kitchen and washer/dryer in the room - very convenient!

The waterparks were amazing! My girls loved every part of them. The smaller slides in the Palmetto building end right next to the whirlpool tub. Perfect for the relaxing parents of the children who just want to ride the slides! Loved the lazy rivers and kiddie areas too!

Reviewed February 28, 2010

we stayed here for 4 nights and we were so happy with our entire stay! The indoor waterpark was amazing and the kids had a blast.The room was amazing very clean and the beds were very comfortable and even though we didnt use the kitchen much it was nice to have it as an option. We would recommend staying here to anyone.I know that we will be returning!

Reviewed February 28, 2010

My girlfriend and another couple went to the Dunes in March of 2009. While this was not any of our first trip to Myrtle Beach, this was by far the best hotel experience I have had while vacationing in Myrtle. We found a very reasonable hotel room, with plenty of space to accomodate both couples. I was immensley surprised to see a celebrity staying on the same floor as me, and later learned from the outside bartender(I believe his name is Chris) that on any given day you can see a number of 'the famous' wandering about. The ocean front location and the proximity it was to the highway made this a very convenient stay and one I look forward to staying at again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple