“Impressed from the beginning!”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Impressed from the beginning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

From the moment I arrived - the valet attendant, the front desk staff, the breakfast staff were all so wonderful. Chef JR is absolutely amazing such a wonderful guy and an asset to your company. Our room was wonderful, we couldn't have asked for anything more or better. You have a beautiful property and something definately to be proud of. Your breakfast was excellent and definately more than anyone could ask for. Our room was remarkably clean and very appreciated. Just not too many more wonderful things I could say about this hotel. I will definately be back to stay here again

Room Tip: Couldn't imagine a bad room but would rather have ocean balcony - maybe higher floor better.
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review you shared. We appreciate the 5 star rating, and we are grateful to you for mentioning so many of our wonderful attributes. We are thrilled to hear that you were impressed, and we hope to impress you again sometime soon. THanks for taking the time to write. See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This resort is a wonderful place for anyone with children to stay. We stayed in the Angle Ocean View room and I am so glad that we did. It was perfect for our family of 4. There were so many activities for the kids to do. They loved the 2 indoor water parks, along with the pools. We spent most of our time on the ocean, which was very easy to get to. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. No one wanted to leave here! Another added bonus to the resort is the location. While it is not on the main drag of Myrtle Beach, it is a short drive away, and away from the noise and activities of the main drag. For us this was a bonus. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, right above the water park and had zero issues with noise. The Angle Ocean...
1 Thank Molly S
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your wonderful 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We are so excited that you enjoyed so much of what we have to offer. 30,000 square feet of waterpark fun, a mini golf course, a quiet backdrop and so many other fun and entertaining aspects make Dunes Village Resort the ideal place to vacation. We look forward to another visit with you in the near future. See you then!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We recently stayed here for vacation with our 2 toddlers. Our kids loved the playground and water park. We loved being away from the tourist area of the beach. Everyone at the resort was professional and courteous and always had a smile on their face. We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed May 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you had such a great visit with us here at Dunes Village Resort. We are situated in a quieter part of town, away from the hussle and bussle of downtown, which gives you a more relaxing environment to vacation peacefully. The staff we have here is not only professional, but frinedly, helpful and ready to ensure you have the 5 star experience. It looks like we have succeeded with you and your family, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your story. We will see you next year!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Dunes Village has become a 2nd home to us and we always feel so welcome there! It's an amazing resort with amazing people working there to make you feel at home. Everyone goes above and beyond to give great customer service and it keeps us coming back! Cari is a wonderful manager who takes the time to remember the guests and make them feel important....always remembering names and taking a few extra minutes to stop and say hello! We always meet some great people out at the tiki bar where Mike, the bartender, always keeps things interesting and fun! He's great with ALL the customers and makes everyone feel right at home while doing a great job making drinks. He goes well above with customer service remembering people and their drinks...it's our favorite place to spend the day....sun or clouds! We always have a great lunch there also. The pool deck is amazing and there is plenty of "water" between the pools, lazy rivers, water parks, and hot tubs. It's a perfect location on the beach where you can actually get some space if you prefer to sit in the sand. It's been a great get-away for us over the last 7 years whenever we can get a little free time....and it's the perfect way to rejuvinate! Love this place!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room at Dunes Village....we have staying in efficiencies, 1 bedroom and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nami726
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
I feel very self-serving when I answer surveys with my name in them, but I will say that I love all the guests here at Dunes Village Resort. I am in my 7th year, and have seen many faces return year after year. It makes me happy to get to know you al. You are part of the Dunes Village family.

As for Mike, you could not have a better man taking care of your beverage needs. He is charming, fun and knows how to make a drink!

Thank you for making Dunes Village Resort your "home away from home." Your DV family looks forward to many more visits with you!
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our family truly enjoyed this resort!!! We have children and the waterparks were defintely a blast for them. The staff is so courteous and friendly. The rooms are clean and have everything you need in them even a small stove, full size fridge, dishes, cups,pots, pans, flatware, TRULY EVERYTHING YOU NEED!!! The buffet and omelets are AMAZING!!! Access to 2 waterparks, so many planned activities for the children. It truly is a great resort, especially for families with children no matter what age they are.The wifi isn't so great, but it works,but with so many things to do who wants to waste time on the internet anyways. Would definitelyn go back!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the highest floor you can get, and if you have older children I would s...
1 Thank Kim W
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
You said it ALL! Thanks so much for the fantastic 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. You left me nothing to add except my appreciation to you for sharing all the wonderful hightlights from your visit with us.

Family vacations are so important, as they are times to reconnect with each other, and we are glad you chose Dunes Village Resort for your rest and relaxation location. We hope you get back here again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

When me and my wife searched hotels like everyone else we are taking a huge chance. When you are ready for vacation you need rest and a no hassle experience. Well that is what you get at Dunes and I would be here all day telling you why. When we checked in the front desk manager Tyler was so very helpful took time to explain everything about the hotel and area, keep in mind he was at the end of his shift and I could not tell because he was very vibrant and overall wonderful, as I traveled through the lobby two days after check in he remembered my name saying hi to me, above and beyond for someone to do that, great work Tyler. Starbucks staff very friendly and overall wonderful best I have ever experienced, there was not a time I popped in "and I drink several coffees a day" where the staff was not happy to see me I had to hug Kiki as she made my coffee fresh . It is nice to go somewhere where you are welcomed to be and that sums up the staff at Dunes. The room was gorgeous great ocean front view , very clean " spotless" great work housekeeping staff, 2 TV's in my room every mans dream. Everyone and everything about the stay was wonderful and this is a five star hotel operating at 100 stars everyday. My advice stay there look no further I am a very hard person to please and Dunes went above and beyond , if you are like me burned out from work and wanna get away do it here I feel like a new person, if you have kids they will love the indoor water park

Great work Dunes see you soon

• Stayed May 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
That was one of the nicest reviews I have ever read! Thank you so much for sharing another Dunes Village Resort success story! The team we have gathered here appreciates our guests, and it shows in the way we take care of you. Thanks for mentioning Tyler and Kiki, both of whom are SUPERSTARS here.

We are pleased to hear that your entire stay was so great, and we look forward to some more memory making with you in the future. Come back soon!
Newport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dunes. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, housekeeping staff was tremendous and friendly. Asked for a particular floor when reservations were made, and was accommodated. We don't always find that at other resorts. Private balconies overlooking the ocean are great. Water park is fantastic. Breakfast was good. We love the waffles. Only questionable was that our server was not as attentive as we were accustomed to at Dunes. As soon as he knew we had already added his generous tip to our credit card, he became less attentive; seemingly only interested in his money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAYNE R
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your traveling all the way from Tennessee to join in on the fun here. We are so glad to hear that your stay was so wonderful, in spite of the experience you had in the Admirals' Room. The team in there is usually quite attentive, so I apologize for that not being the case for your meal.

We are also glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your room location request. Sometimes that is not possible, but we make every effort to satisfy our guests wishes. The request is not a guarantee that we will be able to honor, but as I said, we do our very best.

Thank you again for choosing Dunes Village Resort for your get-away. See you again soon!