“Wonderful Experience!”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We truly has a great vacation. The price was great and the value was awesome! Tons of amenities, very clean, and friendly staff. We truly had a wonderful time! The only thing that I didn't like was the extremely firm mattresses. That was it though! Thanks for the wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are so glad to hear that your visit with us here at Dunes Village Resort was so wonderful for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your 5 star review. We don't often hear that the mattresses are uncomfortable, so I am sorry that yours were not to your liking. But, it does not sound like a major concern since all the rest of the offerings are perfect. Waterparks, mini golf, planned activities daily and somuch more truly give value to our resort, and we appreciate your noticing. Thakns for choosing us for your get-away. See you next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,093)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My 4 teenage grandchildren and I arrived at the Dunes Village and were met by hotel staff who were very courteous and helpful getting us unloaded and checked into our condo. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door finding a balloon bouquet and birthday cake waiting! This was an added unknown extra and was much appreciated since we were actually celebrating all 5 of our birthdays with this trip! We really enjoyed our stay and had no problem with the teens finding things to do and keeping busy while staying in a very safe environment! This is the place to go to with children and packs a lot of bang for your bucks!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star review. There was a rumor that you were there to celebrate some birthdays, so we thought we would try to add a little to the festivities. I hope the cake was as good as it looked!

Happy Birthday to the celebrants. Happy memories made in a wonderful environment. We are so glad that everything was so fantastic for you. We hope you choose Dunes Village Resort to celebrate many more birthdays. See you next time!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

You will love this resort for your children. They have tons to do and if it rains you still have the indoor water parks and activity schedule for crafts and various things for kids. Our second time here and we will return soon!! Prices are reasonable and it's beautiful and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Emily H

Clean, beautiful, fun, family oriented. These things are what we are best known for, and we are so glad to hear that you noticed some of our best features. It is great to hear when we impress out guests, and it sounds like we did with you. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate the 5 star review, and look forward to another visit with you soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our room was beautiful! Updated, spacious, and clean. The staff was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs. I truly enjoyed the personalities of the staff members

1  Thank addomini75

Thank you so much for sharing your 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We are glad that you LOVED everything about your visit with us. Our team is the best on the beach, full of energy and excitement and pure entertainment. We are glad that you noticed how fantastic our team is. Thanks for mentioning them, and thank you also for this lovely review. We hope you get another chance to come see us soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I will start with the few suggestions I have for this place before writing about all the things I loved . The biggest suggestion I have is the glass top tables in the rooms , not very kid friendly or kid safe. And the house keeping wasn't always the greatest , we found old Chinese take out bags in one of the cabinets while unpacking , and our room only got cleaned three times in 6 nights because she kept coming during nap time and the never came back. Also one morning while walking my kids thru the hotel to the beach we walked past the restaurant and a manager was having a meeting in it and was giving a stern talking to about not letting people into the resort without wrist bands. Glad they are staying on top of it, just not sure guest should have to walk by a meeting like that while it's happening . But all in all this is a great family resort !! My twin 2 year olds LOVED the pool, beach, and playground. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room (besides the glass top tables ) was set up great for a family of 4. I wasn't a fan of the time share sales pitch in the lobby , but more and more resorts have these. It's a great resort, nothing that bad to say.

Stayed: April 2014
Cari G, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes Village Resort experience. We are glad your family had such an enjoyable visit. We are very family-friendly, with plenty to do throughout the day. With our year-round planned activities and our 30,000 square feet of water park fun, it is hard to get bored.

We look forward to another visit with you soon. THanks again for the review.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was able to stay at this hotel for just $59 so a very good value for what I received! I did get in late and there was NO ONE around so I had to make a phone call to get someone to come up to the front desk (a little odd). When he did show up, I could tell he was embarrassed because he was not there so he was overly friendly to me and even offered to upgrade my room to a queen suite from a studio. The room itself was quite nice. Tasteful decor for sure even tho the outside of the hotel was not the most glamorous. Beautiful ocean view with a nice balcony. I did not get to enjoy the inddor waterpark but it looked VERY NICE. If you have kids this could be the hotel of choice! Looked quite impressive compared to other hotel waterparks!! I did call the front desk on the morning of my departure to see if I could extend my stay but the price the lady quoted me at for a studio was DOUBLE what I had just paid and if I wanted the queen it was TRIPLE. I did leave and stay at another hotel to preserve funds. Other than the debacle at the checkin it was a great stay. I would recommend this hotel if you have kids. If you do not have kids there are other hotels in town that you can stay at for this price that are a bit nicer so maybe you would want to look around. Im a hotel snob and I usually do not give good reviews on hotels that are not "luxurious feeling". This is an exception.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

We are pleased to hear that we are the exception to your self professed "hotel snob"ery. Dunes Village Resort tries very hard to please our guests, and while we may not be the most luxorious resort, we are definitely the most family-friendly and we have the best staff in Myrtle Beach to take care of your needs.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and thank you for seeing us for what we are, while still appreciating what we have. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Always a great place to stay w the family. Clean clean clean resort excellent staff and amenities! ! Kids loved the indoor pools and slides. Room was excellent well kept and very clean. Look forward to our next trip here.

• Stayed: May 2014

We really appreciatae the nice things you had to say about Dunes Village Resort. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves, and we appreciate your mentioning how clean everything is. We try hard to keep the resort looking nice for our guests. We offer a lot of fun, and look forward to seeing you back for some more memory making very soon. Thanks for sharing your experience.