“Birthday Vacation”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family took me here recently for my birthday and i must say i was very pleased!!! The room was AMAZING and the staff too!! The first night we ate down at Captain's Cafe and our waitress was awesome. She made sure me, my significant other and our kids were taken care of and had her attention the whole entire time. The next day we had breakfast at Admiral's Cafe and Jamal made some excellent omelets. The valet guy was very polite. The waterpark was just right. My kids enjoyed it and overall, i give the facility and staff 100%!!!! Will be booking again really soon and hope to get the same room!!!

1  Thank Jacqueline0381
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Happy Birthday!! We are so glad you chose Dunes Village Resort as your celebration location. Thank you so much for sharing your 5 star experience with the world. Our team takes pride in what they do here to ensure you the perfect experience, and we appreciate you noticing.

Let us know when you are ready to come back, and we will do our best to get you the room you are looking for, or at least one very similar.

Thanks, again, for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Dunes Village Resort

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our first time travelling to Myrtle Beach and what a great resort to stay at if you have kids and they like water than this is the place to stay at. We found that the people that work at this resort the most polite and caring staff who always went the extra mile for us. We will certainly be returning in the future. Now I know why people return to this resort year after year. Looking forward to next year, My oldest grandson is all ready asking when can we go back. Thanks for a great holiday.

Room Tip: They are all good!
1  Thank charliegulliver

It is so great to hear when we have succeeded in providing the perfect backdrop for a wonderful vacation. We appreciate you traveling so far to join us for your spring break, and we are grateful to you for sharing your 5 star experience with the world.

Our team here at Dunes Village Resort really work hard to provide you with the best vacation. They all love what they do, and love where they do it. Our guests are the best guests on the beach, and we want nothing but smiles from you and your family when you are leaving, because that shows us that we did a great job.

We are glad to hear that your first Myrtle Beach experience was here at Dunes Village Resort, and we look forward to providing you some more family fun next year! See you then!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just got back from 5 days at Dunes Village Resort with my husband and our 9 year old twins and we had a great time. The indoor water park was just the right size big enough with lots of things for the kids to do and enjoy but not so big I had to worry about losing them. They had slides for smaller kids as well as two large slides for bigger kids and adults as well. The water was warm and the hot tubs were great. The kids enjoyed the kids club espeically the sunday morning magic show and the candy bingo. We stayed in a studio on the 5th floor and the views were amazing. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. We did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. The only down side was you have to cross a parking short parking lot to get from one building to the other which is not fun when you are wet and it is cold out (the water parks are in two different buildings) and the beautiful new playground is only for kids 5 and under. We got a gret deal at $79 a night for off season and was money well, well, well spent.

2  Thank rose2406

Thank you for sharing your 5 star Dunes Village Resort experience with us! We are so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time here! With so many diversions throughout the resort, it is hard not to have fun! I am sorry that your kids were unable to play at the playground. We have found that restricting the age to smaller children allows them to enjoy the area without being trounced by the larger kids.

We look forward to helping you and your family make some more wonderful memories sometime soon. See you next time!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We rented a 3 bedroom, 3 bath oceanfront condo. It was busy when we checked in, but the line went along quickly and check in was easy. Got to our room, on the 3rd floor, there was a funny odour, I don't know when the last time this room was used, but I think it was just because it had been closed up, kind of a musty smell. It did disappear as we had the balcony doors open a lot. I also think that the carpet had been recently replaced because there was a new carpet odour as well.
The room was clean, beds were comfortable (a bit hard, but comfortable). We really only had a slight problem, and that was with the frequency of house keeping, room was not cleaned every day, actually had to call to have them clean it after 2 days at the resort, the other issue was hot water. I would have assumed that individual condo's would have their own hot water tanks, but they don't. One morning there was no hot water for showers, my husband had to wait for about an hour before he could shower. A bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.
We have visited Myrtle Beach 3 times and all 3 have stayed at the Dunes. I would return, but I think we would look for a better deal on the ocean, the Dunes can be a bit pricey. It is a good resort, I just think it may be time for a change for us.
We enjoyed our stay, the place was clean, service was ok, housekeeping definitely needs to get a bit better. My children and their friends had fun, therefore it was a successful vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are lovely, wonderful view of the entire beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Dunes Village Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate that you have been to see us several times over the years!

I am sorry to hear that the Housekeeping was not up to the standard you have come to expect. That is very unusual for us, as our team has been on top of their game for some time now. As you mentioned, we did get new carpeting in the Palms Tower over the winter, which accounts for some of the aroma you encountered when you checked in. Our rooms get used very regularly, since we sell out almost every weekend, leaving me unsure of where a musty smell would have come from. The housekeeping concerns have been handed over to the Director of Housekeeping for her to address, and again, I am sorry that your experience was anything short of perfect.

We do hope that you will reconsider visiting us again. We have so much to offer in the way of family fun that you will not find anywhere else in Myrtle Beach. If I can help you in making that decision in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at the resort most days.

Cari Garvey
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2014

no issues at all. Had to good time, friendly staff, water park was clean and mostly warm...if people would keep the sliding glass doors shut. We will be back in the summer. Oh, FYI we had a three bedroom deluxe angle oceanfront... request the highest floor possible or you want have too much of a view

2  Thank darin1968

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Dunes Village Resort. We are so glad you had a nice weekend with us. We try to keep the sliding doors closed in the winter, but sometimes other guests take it upon themselves to open them. I am sorry that this disturbed your vacation, but I am glad to hear that you will come back and see us again this summer. At that time, the water parks will be completely open, with no sliding doors at all.

See you soon! Thanks again for the fantastic review!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If it were not for my 4 children, my sanity level would have been over the top. Too many little unsupervised cheerleaders in the pool at one time left no room for family activity.. Otherwise, we had a great experience. We encourage you as a hotel, to please consider a lifeguard on duty if you KNOW you are going to have a cheerleading competition or the like staying with you. Just a thought.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you very much for offering your feedback regarding your recent Dunes VIllage Resort visit. We are glad that you and your family had a great time. I am sorry that the inundation of cheerleaders was bothersome to you. I am glad to hear that they did not disrupt your vacation too much, and look forward to another visit from you all very soon. Thanks again for your 5 star review!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have vacationed here six years in a row. Great resort. Great staff. Lots to do at resort and in Myrtle Beach! Breakfast buffet is amazing! Highly recommended. Lots to do even if the weather turns bad.

1  Thank drourke

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of Dunes Village Resort! We are so glad to hear that 6 years of visits with us and we are still great for you and your family! We appreciate the loyalty, and cannot wait to have you back for another 5 star vacation! See you next year!