Dunes Village Resort
$179
$258
$200
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$146
Hotels.com
$207
$155
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$87
Official Site
$257
$224
Hampton.com
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$125
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
6,334 results
All reviewsindoor waterparkwater parkcaptain's cafepalmetto toweracross the streetping pongocean frontqueen suitelazy riverkids activitiesangle oceanfrontpalms buildingshuffle boardparking garagefamily vacationwasher and dryerfull kitchen
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We booked last minute, for our Honeymoon, as first time guests at Dunes Village Resort, and left 4 days later feeling like family. We were impressed from our first look at the property on the outside, and our first impression only improved throughout our stay. Professional, friendly, entertaining and courteous staff, who seemed to be everywhere, on top of anything that needed attention, be it a guest, a repair or something to clean.
We timed our trip perfectly, it being November (great weather, too), and mid week, we had the place almost to ourselves, with just a few other guests, and few small children, ideal for our honeymoon. I honestly don't think we had to share an elevator (there are 4) with anyone until Saturday morning, when all the weekend guests had checked in.
Every staff member we met, down to every worker we passed in the hallway, smiled and had a friendly hello, and all had an attitude of urgency at making sure our stay was perfect and our every experience would make us want to return. If we stopped one to ask something, they stopped whatever they were doing, even if that wasn't our intention in asking, to attend to what we asked about.
From the open and airy decor in the Front Lobby to the elevators, hallways and rooms, everything was noticeably clean and well cared for in both buildings. The rooms are comfortable and large enough to move around in, with nice furnishings, comfortable bed, sheets and pillows, with plenty of space for stowing luggage so that you aren't tripping over everything you brought or bought during your stay. I particularly liked the offset "dressing area", that provided space to dress without feeling the need to close the drapes over the ocean view windows.
The layout of the property made everything easy to get to, and we can honestly say we spent a lot of time AT the hotel because we had everything we needed right there. The location is perfect, close enough to the "strip" attractions to keep everyone happy, yet far enough away from them so that you feel like you are in a safe, quiet and "upscale" neighborhood, all for a great price. We went to North Myrtle and to several places in South Myrtle and never traveled longer than 15 minutes to anywhere.
The water parks are clean, well maintained, perfectly decorated so that you almost feel outside, even when your IN, and there is something fun for everyone, every age. We like the wristbands required, because it means that when we bring our grandsons, anyone out of place would be easy to notice. It feels like a safe place to bring them. They keep it stocked with clean towels and plenty of lazy river floats.
The grounds are clean and beautifully landscaped. The beach access walkways are easily accessible. The lawn (yes they have GRASS) is gorgeous and the swings, lawnchairs and picnic tables are the perfect spot to relax even if you don't love getting sand in your toes. The pirate ship playground made us wish we were young enough to play in it and we enjoyed watching the kids play. We saw Moms reading and sun napping while kids played and totally left them to relax, because they were so engrossed in playing they didn't need anything else.
EAT THE FOOD! Skip the pancake house and have the breakfast buffet! Great value, incredibly good food, excellent service and atmosphere with an ocean view. We watched the dolphins from our balcony and could still see them when we went down for breakfast. And whatever you do, don't miss having lunch and/or dinner in the Captain's Cafe. Try the crab cakes they are the best we've ever had, anywhere. Chef Mo and her staff are amazing, friendly, fun, and put out great food at a good price, and the alcoholic beverages are delicious, fairly poured and fairly priced... and even better, served up with wit and entertaining conversation. Try a Voodoo Juice Bucket....or ask Dan to mix you up a Super Colada... maybe not on the menu yet, but he created it just for me and EVERYBODY loved it.
If you are going out on the town, or shopping, or anywhere..... see the Concierge. Not only does she know everyone and everything about what you need to know for wherever you are going, she will see to it that you have everything you need, quickly and save you the grief of wrong turns or pricey errors of judgement.
Whatever else you do on your trip, take the time to get to know the staff at Dunes Village. They are clearly a great team, working a unique and impressive service ethic and their chemistry pays off for the guests. Everyone was wonderful, and we felt totally at home with Chef, Felicia, Dan, Carol, Margaret, Collin.... everyone there went out of their way to make sure our Honeymoon was a memorable success, right down to the bottle of champagne and glasses, and the tickets to see the Journey Tribute Band at House of Blues. We had the best trip we've ever had and can't say enough good things about everyone here who helped make it that way. THANKS! :-)
I have TONS of other pictures of the hotel grounds. Please feel free to email me for more if you'd like to see others.

Room Tip: We stayed in 308, in the middle of the third floor, ocean front. Never heard an ice machine, elevator or anything else, and had the perfect ocean breeze through the room when both doors were open.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nennasays
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share such an extensive and thorough 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. With all the detail you offered, all I can add is CONGRATULATIONS on your recent nuptuals. We hope your new life together is one filled with excitement, laughter, and a lot more beach trips! On behalf of the entire team here at Dunes Village Resort, we can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Let me start off by saying this resort does have a lot going for it: excellent location (around 49th ave North), a great view and a lot of amenities to keep you busy when the weather is lousy. Upon our arrival Derek greeted us and walked us through check in quickly with a genuine smile on his face; he could not have been more pleasant! I also genuinely believe Cari (Guest Services Manager on duty at check-out) when she said my experiences were atypical, and she really wanted to make things right, and she did. The rooms are comfortable, and while the decor can be hit or miss, this is common for most of the properties on the strip.

Here's where things went sideways, literally: It had rained off and on, and as a consequence the parking deck (across the street and 1/2 block over) was very wet and VERY VERY SLICK! It was bad enough when the person with me fell and almost injured herself-but later as I'm trying to squeeze into a parking spot my car starts to slide almost collecting a huge concrete support column while traveling at the breakneck speed of 5 mph if that! Never before have I experienced this problem and this is not my first trip away from home!

The other problem: We returned to our room after wasting some time on the beach to find our door open and a maintenance man studying our dishwasher: we made no such request! No one contacted us to verify or alert us this would be happening either! So, needless to say we were a little upset by the time we checked out. As I stated earlier Cari was very empathetic and reassuring. She did a wonderful job of diffusing what could have been an unpleasant scene. She really went above and beyond to convince me to give them a second chance, which I will. I can only hope the next time everything goes the way it should.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khu455
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes Village Resort experience. At the risk of sounding self-serving, I am thrilled to hear that I made a difference in your overall perception of our resort. When concerns are brought to my attention, I make every effort to correct the situation. I want all the guests that pass through our doors to be rested, relaxed and ready for another visit when they leave.

I am very grateful that you are going to visit with us again. Please contact me directly so that I can ensure your next vacation at Dunes Village Resort is perfect from start to finish. I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Cari Garvey
Guest Services Manager
843.449.5275

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked at the Dunes Village because of the price - we got a great deal on a five night stay. Upon arrival we were greeted by courteous and friendly staff who checked us in quickly and efficiently.

Throughout our stay the public areas of the resort were kept in pristine shape. The pools and waterpark provided hours of fun for our two boys (ages 15 and 12) and for the friends they met there.

My only negative experience was with housekeeping for our room - and it was only minor. We didn't receive housekeeping services at all on the fourth day of our stay, and the toilet that ran constantly wasn't repaired by the end of our stay even though we called the front desk to ask to have it fixed on the morning of our second day.

All in all, I would recommend this resort to any family looking for a clean, safe, and friendly experience.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank trentgrad905

Thank you for sharing you 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. I am thrilled to hear that you found us both safe and entertaining! I am glad that we were able to provide a fun venue for your vacation. We are sorry that our housekeeping missed your room one day. That is an unusual occurence, and has already been addressed. We do hope you get back for another vacation sometime soon. Thanks again for writing. See you next time!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is the second time staying here,we love it. Everyone is friendly and very helpful.room was
spacious and in very good condition. Ocean view in the am with a cup of coffee is perfect. My daughter enjoyed sleeping on the Murphy bed!

Room Tip: Always make sure your room has an ocean view not the angle view,if you like to look at the ocean from your balcony!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star reiew of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your coming back a second time, and we hope you get back again soon for another wonderful visit. See you then!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I booked this resort a week ago since November is a non-peak time. I was impresses with the luxury amenities the resort offers and the service is great. The resort fees and valet cost is reasonable and value for money. The indoor water park is what makes this resort the kid friendliest and easy access to beach makes it a gem. The play area on the beach is great for kids of all ages. My 2.5 year old loved it and enjoyed playing there a lot.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ocean front suite with 2 Queen beds. The room is right in front of the beach and the view is beautiful. It also has a Jacuzzi and a washer dryer in it. The dryer helped to dry the swim clothes for next day.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your kind words. It is great ot hear that we lived up to your expectations and that you found us to be of great value. We love to hear when the kids have a great time, as we are very oriented to family fun. With our water parks and our year round daily activities, we are a wonderland for kids of all ages!

We would love to see you and your family again sometime soon! Thanks again for writing.