“4th Time Here”

Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
“4th Time Here”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Always good, the only thing that make this trip better than those before was check in! Amanda was wonderful with the process, wish she worked at my hotel. The resort is consistent, it seems that over the years the place has with time, ages well like wine!

Room Tip: October is a great month to visit, while the crowds are down, the ocean is still warm enough to enjo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to praise Amanda! Amanda tries very hard to ensure check-ins and check-outs go smoothly. Amanda is a true asset to our team, so don't take her away!

We truly appreciate your kind words regarding your stay, and we especially appreciate your loyalty. We will try our best to never let you down! We look forward to the next 10 visits! See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ages 70 down to age 3 all enjoyed our fall trip!! Our condo was clean, well furnished, comfortable and large. My grandson and his parents enjoyed the pools and the water parks, but grandson enjoyed the outdoor pirtae ship playground!!! This is a unique place. It is a stand alone facility and there are eating establishments but we ate in our condo all day and went out to other Myrtle Beach attractions at night. The parking garage being right across the street with a shuttle available if you can;t walk was a good feature. One tower is newer than the other and we were in the older remodeled one and still thought it was good.

Room Tip: go higher than the 7th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share suche a fabulous review of Dunes Village Resort! We are so glad that you mentioned the ages in yuor group. I have mentioned manytimes that this resort is a place where all ages will enjoy what we have to offer, and you just proved me right! THank you for that, as well as all the wonderful things you shared. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place has eveything that kids like all in one location at no additional cost. the suite was very nice, and clean. the ocean view was wonderful everyone in our family was happy the kids loved the water parks and the waterslids we spent hours on the beach.the smaller children loved playing on the play ground and floating in the lazy rivers this is a good resort for family vacations. the only bad thing about this trip was that it had to end my grand children did not want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Dunes VIllage Resort. We have had many children over the years throw fits because they did not want to leave all the fun and go back to reality. Were you one of those kids? (just kidding). I am so glad to hear that your stay was wonderful and I am sorry it had to end as well. We hope to see you and the whole family back here again very soon! Thanks for writing!
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our first time @ MB and friends had suggested this hotel. Unfortunately, the video on the site certainly didn't live up to expectations.

The check-in went fine---very friendly guys. The view from our 3rd floor room in the Palmetto Bldg was spectacular and the bed was quite nice. These were the only good points.

Bad points: balcony ceiling has large hole. Wall at bottom of tub had a hole, bathroom door had a long black air stuck to it, however, the worse thing I found bugs in the bathroom 3 of the days we stayed. I was unable to identify them and they appeared to be coming from the hole around the bath tub. Both the fridge and stove had rust spots.

I had brought these issues up when checking out--lady appeared to be concerned but no one in management ever contacted me. This was quite surprising since I had received a survey via email wanting feedback. Once again I reiterated the issues but no correspondence from management. Appears following up on issues is not big on management's list.

I certainly would rule out returning to this hotel when visiting MB again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JackieS450
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes VIllage Resort experience. I am sorry to hear that there were issues in your room that caused you some concern. When items such as these are brought to our attention, our team takes them very seriously, and works to correct the issue as quickly as possible. Since you mentioned them at check-out, I am certain that they have been rectified.

I am sorry to hear that nobody from management has followed up with you regarding your concerns. If you would like to call and speak with me, I would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Cari Garvey
Guest Service Manager
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is great, has 2 waterparks, the boys stayed in those and in the game rooms playing pool and also playing vollyball and basketball. The pools are nice, plenty of chairs, grassy areas too if you decide to lay in the grass areas. Drinks by the pool are pretty expensive, good, but expensive as is some of the food. We had a queen suite, very nice rooms, very up to date, everything in order and nice, but we did have tiny little roaches on our kitchen counter. Maint. came and said he would get it treated the next day, but he never did and he did confirm they were roaches while he was there, not Palmetto bugs which are very common down there. We did inform the front desk when we checked out and let them know we had to keep our food in the microwave, so they did comp us some money back which was expected and appreciated. Overall, we had a great time, we were not in the room much, at the pools and beach during the day and out eating and shopping at night. We will certainly look to stay here again next summer if the rates are affordable.................

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kim0415
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes Village Resort experience. I am glad to hear all the nice things you had to say about our property. I am sorry about the lack of follow-up with regard to your concern over the bugs in your room, but I am glad to hear that our guest services made up for the shortfall.

We look forward to seeing you back here again. Thanks again for writing!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2013

nice place with a really great pool areas-outdoor and indoor, lazy rivers, kid areas... that is what got us to book. the room is terrific with a beautiful ocean view. complete kitchen with dishes etc which is nice to help with the cost of eating. woke up to see a staff of three cleaning the pool area outside and this made me feel good. seems there are very few food options on site and the place is not near anything commercial.... a plus for some but for us we prefer to walk around to get something to eat. must drive everywhere to do anything. check in quick and friendly.. parking across the street not that convenient but ok. great rates in october but still warm

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Dunes Villlage Resort. We are glad to hear all the nice things you have to say about our property. We definitely are in a quieter part of town, in the residential area, which is a much more peaceful area of Myrtle Beach. The hustle and bustle of downtown is a hearty walk, or better yet, a quick car ride.

We are glad you tried us out, and do hope to see you again sometime. Thanks again for writing!
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am very particular about customer service and even more so now that I am a mother. Dunes Village Resort was outstanding!

We pulled up on a hectic Friday, with people checking in and out. The valet was busy with a another woman, he finished with her, came over apologized for the wait thanked us for our patience and helped us with out check in process.

My husband was in and out with a luggage cart in less than seven minutes despite the crowd of people. The valet offered to help us unload, we politely declined, tipped him and handed over the keys to our car.

We walked into the lobby and my children were all smiles at the sight of the waterpark. I was impressed at the all the activities they had to offer. (We did not partake in the waterpark or activity area but intend to on our next visit.)

We took the elevator up to our room and when we opened the door I was relieved first and then happy. We opted for a two bedroom angled ocean front and it was perfect. It was clean and spacious which was perfect for two excited little ones. The children had their own queen size beds and bathroom and my husband and I had a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub. (No we didnt make the time to use the jacuzzi tub.) Our family enjoyed being able to sit outside and have breakfast on the balcony. My husband and I left our glass door open a few hours a night so we could listen to the waves.

There was a tiki bar outside of the property a few feet from the pool. My husband and I were able to to have a drink and conversation because there was a playground for our children to enjoy. I could keep an eye on them and still enjoy an adult moment with my husband. We needed that.

All of the staff was nice but the gentlemen that handled our car and the lady I purchased Starbucks coffee from really embodied the idea of customer service. That is a rarity these days, so it was much appreciated.

The only things I think could have been improved is the telephone in our room needed to be replaced desperately. The buttons were missing, which is something you would expect at a motel, not a resort. Also I found a pacifier in our room as I was looking around, which may have been overlooked by housekeeping. Its not a big deal, but it makes a customer wonder what else may have gone unnoticed. Lastly, the moving piece of glass over the table in the living area is not kid safe, my three year old got a few scratches from it.

Also we personally found the beds to be hard but we will look in to ways to make a hotel bed more comfortable, since we plan to travel a lot.

Overall, we are looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Definitely put in a request for a room on a higher floor, and read other reviews and make the best d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Your story is one that makes me smile. It sounds like the perfect environment to fit your needs, and we are thrilled to have been able to provide the backdrop for you!

You mentioned customer service being a rarity these days, but not here at Dunes Village Resort. We have some of the most gracious, friendly and helpful people on our team, and it does not go un-noticed by management or our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with the world. We look forward to helping you make a lot more memories in the near future! See you then!